Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Static Auctions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we get these threads locked and only bidding allowed once cash is confirmed by staff member? Its extremely fraudulant to bid and jack up the price on something with no intention of buying or even having the cash. I would hope anyone doing this would realise how childish it is and stop it, but maybe thats wishful thinking. Players who have legitimately earned the required ammount to bid may be dissuaded by false bids from people who do not have the money. Also I cannot see any reason for making false bids other than to cause unneccisary trouble within the community or financially attack another player. Say a real bid is made for 3m, if a false bid is then made for 3.5 by someone who does NOT have the money, and the original bidders do not know this, they then may bid 4m. This entirely false bid has cost those legit players an extra million gold. This cannot be allowed and I personally would like to see people who've bid falsely jailed as you would do to anyone displaying abberant behavior within the community. But thats just my opinion.

J
Well I see now that I will have to handle auctions differently as I am not used to such childish behavior. I asked those who made false bids to retract their bids and edit their posts but they ignored me. I guess some people just don't care about the general well being of the shard and act like this is some joke.

In any case, static auctions will be held directly through staff instead of having a nice public auction. I think that its quite ridiculous that people would not only waste the staffs time by having to verify false claims of wealth but also frustrate fellow players just to get a laugh or something. Grow up and start caring about the overall well being of the shard instead of your own personal enjoyment.

As much as I hate to say this, those who wish to make false claims to me about auctions or any in game content will be punished. I do not enjoy wasting my time over such ridiculous things when I much rather be spending my time adding new content and helping players enjoy themselves.
Shade Wrote:Well I see now that I will have to handle auctions differently as I am not used to such childish behavior. I asked those who made false bids to retract their bids and edit their posts but they ignored me. I guess some people just don't care about the general well being of the shard and act like this is some joke.

In any case, static auctions will be held directly through staff instead of having a nice public auction. I think that its quite ridiculous that people would not only waste the staffs time by having to verify false claims of wealth but also frustrate fellow players just to get a laugh or something. Grow up and start caring about the overall well being of the shard instead of your own personal enjoyment.

As much as I hate to say this, those who wish to make false claims to me about auctions or any in game content will be punished. I do not enjoy wasting my time over such ridiculous things when I much rather be spending my time adding new content and helping players enjoy themselves.

amen
Cant just make a thread like in Britan Times where you need someone from moderation to aprove your post?

So just approve the post after check if its a true bid or not.

anyway how you going to sell statics? I wanna know wich build is being selled., so I can bid in it if I wanna too.

I just think those auctions need to be in a moderated thread so people just post if really have the money.
We never had a need to monitor them before. Most people have enough courtesy to respect the staff and their fellow players, however this has changed.

I think from now on I will announce the auctions the same but will make mention in the posts that to outbid you must pm me (or whoever is auctioning them) and have the gold readily available in your bank so that it can be verified. Once I verify the authenticity of the bid I will will update the post on the static. This seems like the only way to make sure no childish lies waste my time anymore. I wish it didn't have to be this way as I liked the idea of player interaction without the need of staff but apparently I have become a babysitter:doubt: