Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: New to shard, old player.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sup guys, got bored of WOW so thought i might jump back to IN for a bit.

played IN back when a battle axe of vanq would make ppl cream their pants, dont know about now ;]

if anyone would like to help me start out again it'd be much appreciated, drop me a msg

gonna head out to a birthday for a few hours, be on mIRC later.

cheers.

maka

mIRC is semi dead, so I'd think you'd get a lot more action on here, or .ONing players in gameTongue

Welcome back
ty to Uri to get me a spell book, any other help would be appreciated...

ie. run down of some rares or some in game help or something ;]
Don't toss away the spellbook you got at character creation. It's newbied and I can fill it up a bit when I can get a hold of you. What's your in-game name? You can use in-game message system by typing ".on". My character name is Kamos and I can help you out a bit to get started.

Rares? I think there's plenty of them if you are a collector they are just hard to find. For example there's a line of rare drinks spawning in the world and nobody has found all of them. PvP rewards and other event prizes could be considered rares too I guess.
in game name is Maevi.

just training up stats atm... no gold to do magery n stuff.

just wanted to ask things like:

do we use checks / runebooks?

and if so are they nubified...

as well as general pvp questions.

ty
Yes have runebooks but they don't are NB...
Have checks but dont know if its NB, I think no.
The Ministry would be more than happy to help a newcomer. Look for me, rabbi, or elcid in particular.
lol yeah UO in game message system doesnt work too well... dont think i've got either of their attention and didnt really want to spam.

is there like a usual hang out i could get my ass to if i needed help?
Maevi Wrote:lol yeah UO in game message system doesnt work too well... dont think i've got either of their attention and didnt really want to spam.

They may not be able to reply there either since if they use a too old client they can't even type and send the message out to you, they can just recieve your messages :/ (4.0.5a does not work, 5.0.1h works, for example).

Maevi Wrote:is there like a usual hang out i could get my ass to if i needed help?
The pits (you can get there from runes on the ground in every time, ask some player for directions), or britain, that's probably the two gathering-spots that you'll find people at most of the time.

Anyways, I hope you'll have fun here at IN-X :] Cya around!

Regards,
Hate
I think the pits is problably the worst place to go to if you need help. A big part of the players who's hanging there are AFK, and the ones who aren't is most likely not of the Helping-new-players-out kind of guys. I'm sure you'll find many helpful people at the britain bank.
lol ok ty

just been mining @ minoc. how does the teleportation system work on the shard? like besides the UO moongates, are there like other portals for convenience etc
We have a duel pits which is a safe area where you can hang out, go afk, wait for a tournament, etc. You get there by stepping on a pits rune (red runes scattered on the ground throughout the world). If you have full HP, it will start a countdown from 5 seconds and you'll be teleported at 0.

Once you're in the pits, there are 3 portals on the bottom floor:

*The Newbie Dungeon
*The Vendor Mall
*Duel Stones

They have teleporters which bring them back to the pits. From the pits you can also go into the teleporter room which has portals to:

*Britain (Guarded)
*Minoc (Guarded)
*Occlo (UNguarded)
*Serpent's Hold (UNguarded)

And apparently a new teleporter for the Britain Bridge.
Pages: 1 2