Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Some ideas i'd like to share ;D.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since i started to play UO (long time ago :o Wink ) i saw many great ideas and many other cool things that increased my will to continue gaming.
However, in all these great ideas there was a common thing that damaged the main game, the lack of a dynamic environment and the lack of new things to do :confused:.
I think, maybe the world map isnt big enought or something else. And the appearence of new games that are in the same section of UO came to ruin the spirit of this wonderful game with their big maps and an amazing dynamic IA with lot of things to do Rolleyes.

I love this shard because his ideas are fairly equal to mine. And i think it would be sad to see it falling in a routine.

Sorry to all of you guys if you dont agree with me and dont take me wrong, seriously.
Now, the ideas :p :

1. With so many issues about the economy of the server, i think that cooking and food should be more important. It is a way of rp'ing since the lack of food in the chars should affect their performance, i mean in all ways even in combat with the success of hit the target. By this way it would place in gamers mind that they should take care of their characters Wink.

2. Last point should be used in pets too Big Grin.

3. A player should not be able to have millions of mounts in his possession, because it manipulates a bit the economy.

4. Stable posts would be cool to have ;D.

5. This server has a RP base but all there a lot of PvP tourneys, to free the GM's from work it would be cool to use the cities libraries to install a quest system where a player could decide to make a quest, with some levels of accessing. It would bring more spirit to the game and the interaction between the player and the world.

6. There should be a try to use other towns in the world, everything happens in non-guarded cities or in britain.

7. Guilds should be able to post a "Wanted" for a person, by this way it would bring mercenaries to kill someone. Like this "This player offers 1000k of gold for this person head", posted in a public board. lol xD. By this way, it would bring more dynamism to the game.

8. Like the board above there should be a board where players could post news or selling items or buying or something.

9. Give more importance to gems, like items or armors would be cool, and would bring some utility to them.

10. Some quests for skills, by this way people couldnt macro afk till the end of the world.

Oh well, there are more, but ill contain myself Wink, all i want is to bring more spirit and interaction between the player and the game, because im tired of seeing people fighting or afk'ing.
One more time, dont get me wrong for this, be nice.
I know its easy to talk, but if some ideas are good i would be happy to explain them better.

It's my first post in the forum Wink.

Liked the idea in a post here, about food where a player could posion food ;D.

Have fun guys Wink.
Hum, would like to put one more (i stayed thinking about this one because its about the PvP, and this usually bring bad discussions Wink ). I was wondering, will the new weapons be usefull in PvP system?

I think that we should be able to get armors or weapons from both sides of the coin, one way by craftables the other way is by PvM. Why the Extreme Armor couldnt be equal to a sapphire? (with some balancing, of course).

If some players like 55i combat system, running through a tree would fizzle the spell, the outdoor pk'ing would give more opportunities to escape a 50millions FS attacks if there were a limit of tiles to cast on a target or if something is blocking it. By this way, pk'ers wouldnt be so feared :pBig Grin, beacause their work would be more difficult and by this way we could see who is really good pk'ing.

Regards ;D Wink
AvatarPT Wrote:1. With so many issues about the economy of the server, i think that cooking and food should be more important. It is a way of rp'ing since the lack of food in the chars should affect their performance, i mean in all ways even in combat with the success of hit the target. By this way it would place in gamers mind that they should take care of their characters Wink.

7. Guilds should be able to post a "Wanted" for a person, by this way it would bring mercenaries to kill someone. Like this "This player offers 1000k of gold for this person head", posted in a public board. lol xD. By this way, it would bring more dynamism to the game.

8. Like the board above there should be a board where players could post news or selling items or buying or something.

8. in IN1 has these bords ....was mensage bords . We can post all types of mensages

AvatarPT Wrote:running through a tree would fizzle the spell,

I already said that here, but when the assunt is pvp people are closing their heads like rock.
Running around a tree doesn't fizzle spells anymore? Well that explains a pair of gank deaths...
AvatarPT Wrote:1. With so many issues about the economy of the server, i think that cooking and food should be more important. It is a way of rp'ing since the lack of food in the chars should affect their performance, i mean in all ways even in combat with the success of hit the target. By this way it would place in gamers mind that they should take care of their characters Wink.

Food should be required, to some extent, to function normally in the world. I do agree. Of course as a player it is up to you to decide if your character is hungry or not. There really isn't much need for us to force players to eat.

Quote:2. Last point should be used in pets too Big Grin.

I have always fed my pets. It makes them happy and keeps them tame but most importantly if you are ever starving a fat pet can make a great meal.

Quote:3. A player should not be able to have millions of mounts in his possession, because it manipulates a bit the economy.

Really, can we say you can stockpile this but not that? It wouldn't be fair that a tamer could only have a designated amount of rides but a scribe could have untold amounts of scrolls.

Quote:4. Stable posts would be cool to have ;D.

(personal opinion) Shrink potions are better :p

Quote:5. This server has a RP base but all there a lot of PvP tourneys, to free the GM's from work it would be cool to use the cities libraries to install a quest system where a player could decide to make a quest, with some levels of accessing. It would bring more spirit to the game and the interaction between the player and the world.

Players can make quests now, though there is no system for it. We used to have a couple players who ran quests here and there. Also if a quest requires the aid of a staff member, I am always more then happy to help!

Quote:6. There should be a try to use other towns in the world, everything happens in non-guarded cities or in britain.

Give it time. Smile

Quote:7. Guilds should be able to post a "Wanted" for a person, by this way it would bring mercenaries to kill someone. Like this "This player offers 1000k of gold for this person head", posted in a public board. lol xD. By this way, it would bring more dynamism to the game.

Guilds can request their own section on the forums. You could also use the public guild forums for this.

Quote:8. Like the board above there should be a board where players could post news or selling items or buying or something.

I personally think in-game additions like that take away from the forums.

Quote:9. Give more importance to gems, like items or armors would be cool, and would bring some utility to them.

Give it time Smile

Quote:10. Some quests for skills, by this way people couldnt macro afk till the end of the world.

I have recently added one for new players in the training grounds. We want players to earn skills so if there was such a quest it would be quite in depth and time consuming. Basically it would have to balance out to the same as gaining your skill the traditional way. Though of course there could be some added incentive.

I tried to address these the best i could. Suggestions are always welcome, so feel free to post countless amounts Smile Just remember that this shard is always under development and some things do take time to introduce into the world.
Quote:Players can make quests now, though there is no system for it. We used to have a couple players who ran quests here and there. Also if a quest requires the aid of a staff member, I am always more then happy to help!

With custom housing and barkeep NPCs, you can create a quest pretty easily. Smile Only problem is it's a lot of setup and then you have to tear the whole thing down when it's over.
Hum, i see. It makes sense then, lol. But anyne can do one of those quests? I havent understand, yet, the use of Vampire guild. Shouldnt they the persons that would do those quests or rp'ing stories? I dont know if they rp well or not, they dont talk to no one :confused: Rolleyes.

Talking about custom houses, why there isnt a section in the forum to post screenshots of houses? We could do contest to see the best architect or designer and so on, lol. That way, someone could get payed to make a project of a house to that person xD Wink.

Regards and thanks for the replies Wink.
Trees should already block LoS. I know because I added them myself.
If you can find any trees that doesn't block page ingame so I can check the ItemID of the tree and add it to the list.
tete! Big Grin

id like to make some special food that could serve some special bonus to a crafting and or pvp skill for xx time after eaten the player should also get some emots and or change hue slightly! if the food tastes icky! id like to se carpets being craftable etc id like to se dyable furniture or a furniture dye Big Grin

there are alot that im sure will be added as we progress, but keep in mind everything needs to be rewamped tested and played around with first. this is why taran n maka r so leet as a team Big Grin
Sindern Wrote:With custom housing and barkeep NPCs, you can create a quest pretty easily. Smile Only problem is it's a lot of setup and then you have to tear the whole thing down when it's over.

thats true but, not everybody have money to spend on custom buildings... my house is 2-floor 10x10 and i spent 195k on it, maybe they could reduce the tile price from 500 to half or 2/3 on 2nd 3rd and 4th floors... so people can create buidings think about a free access, and rp it like a church, museum, palaces, even shopping malls ;D *remembers S-Mart*
You can just drop a 7x7 platform for pretty cheap, I think. Then you can add an NPC there for like 1200g. Not perfect, but it'd be cheaper than building a big place.
If you want to host something that requires a custom house that you just want placed temporarily, I can do that for you. Basically I could place the lot, transfer to you, you design it, transfer it back and I would commit it. This would prevent you from paying a cent more then you need to and I just remove it when its done. Of course you could always use static buildings as well. If anyone PMs me wanting to do such a thing I will do all that I can to make sure its a great player-ran quest :p
Pages: 1 2