Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Deadly poison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The deadly poison as it is now is pretty much a bluff. The poison should kill a player with 100hp if they don't have a cure nor the ability to heal themself. As it is now, the poison will only take about 80hp in a time of some minutes before it disappeares.

Since, as what I've heard, the poison is pretty much useless in PVP, I think the poison could be a little stronger in the use of poisoning food etc. This would make a great part of the roleplaying, when you could invite someone to dinner and poison his food. If he doesn't get a cure in time (this will be no problem for people with Magery) or be able to heal himself he will die.

And the cure spell. Since this is actually the feared deadly poison, which has a rather big failing rate even for GM alchemists, I think you should need a high magery skill to be able to cure the poison.

Opinions? :3some:
The thing that I dislike the most about poison (the spell and applied poisons) is that it takes a solid 2-3 minutes before it even starts to work. I know that's how it worked on sphere, but it'd be nice if it took a shorter time to work since it's useful in PVE.

Also, the poison spell should receive bonuses from the poisoning skill (if it doesn't already).
Sindern Wrote:The thing that I dislike the most about poison (the spell and applied poisons) is that it takes a solid 2-3 minutes before it even starts to work. I know that's how it worked on sphere, but it'd be nice if it took a shorter time to work since it's useful in PVE.

Yes, that is also pretty irritating, although I wouldn't care much for that if the poison was stronger.
Thats true!

2-3 minutes are 2-3 hours in game time... something really un-rping, since if you get poisoned in real life, it takes few minutes to effect. Maybe a 15 sec delay to begin harming the foe is more real...
we did comphere this with sphere 51.a when we changed them ;/ should not impact to much and 20hp within a few mins can help you kill a player if the tick happens at the right time ;D

when did we deside the diffrence beetween ingame time and real life time? :o "what time is it" type that ingame Big Grin seems it follow the GMT+1 timezone Wink
I like the ideas posted. Food should be able to poison it would be nice and would give a better dinamic environment to the game.

Regards.Wink
thats why i dont like this... people even know that UO has a Time inside...

"what time is it" will show me the shard time

the in game time is shown by the clocks, and they have a independent time, they're not 1 minute real-1 hour game like i said... but there is a game time, independent of our time.
I agree deadly poison is pritty useless it would even be good to up the tick rate of the poison spell so health goes alot quicker and any 1 with a bit of mage skill can easily cure this really undeadly poison, GM's should concider making the undeadly poison deadlySmile would be fun for all those dudes who eat food off the ground...
can we still do deadly poison on xtreme monsters and do decent amount of damage, like we do to Guardian's in IN1?
Theo Wrote:can we still do deadly poison on xtreme monsters and do decent amount of damage, like we do to Guardian's in IN1?

this idea i like. we could do it better against creatures taran had to approve tough hence he is the smart one Big Grin
I could have sworn deadly poison did percentage based damage depending on how much hp the target had left.
Shade Wrote:I could have sworn deadly poison did percentage based damage depending on how much hp the target had left.

The spell does. That's why it's so useful in PVE vs non-casters with lots of hits.
Pages: 1 2