Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Gathering Incentives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Watching the trade forums and the vendor mall, I'm getting the impression that gatherers are few and far between. I haven't seen any iron or logs for sale in the mall and there are tons of "Buying Iron and Logs" threads, but very few people selling them. I was thinking that there should be some sort of incentive to gathering, or something to make it more enjoyable.

There's obviously a lot fewer gatherers because of the anti-macro gump, and I don't want to get rid of that because it does keep the game from becoming imbalanced. I'm thinking of other ways to rejuvenate the profession.

Some ideas I'm throwing out there, everyone else please add/discuss:

1) Craftable/Vendor bought pickaxe that will only dig iron ingots, skipping the colored ones. I need iron, which is the main reason I go mining, but after several back-pack loads of ingots, I usually have less than 300 ingots. The obvious trade-off is that you're missing out on rare/expensive ingots.

2) Rare items acquired through mining/lumberjacking. Not sure what these would be, but make them usable only by the person who pulls them from the ground or tree. This would be a good way to get people out and farming materials that would be put into the economy.

3) Rare Logs: These could be used to craft some of the new weapons that are being added. The hype of new weapons will send people out gathering, etc.

I'll post more ideas when I think of them. Thoughts or comments?
1) make an iron miner and lock them at 34.9 skill.

2) can't remember what 2 is.

3) uh... am i drunk?

3, again) oh yea, rare logs. I think thats a good idea... make different colored magic elven bows or something with different effects, +5 resist, +more archery, +magery, +healing, etc.

Refer to 1!
I made a miner and locked him at 54.9 skill, I just threw the first option in there because 3 seems like a good number. I like 3.

maka

I think it would be really cool to put more time on the crafting/gathering part of the game, and with the emulator, we can do some really amazing stuff. Just now, things are starting to get sorted up so new stuff can be implemented, so lets hope we see some colored logsTongue
Taran and I have discussed this somewhat already regarding future ideas that may or may not be in the works. Am I being too vague? :p
Shade Wrote:Taran and I have discussed this somewhat already regarding future ideas that may or may not be in the works. Am I being too vague? :p

Yes, hey, no not so much, eh? What's vague? Oh what you said? Meh not so much, but definitely kinda sorta. But not.

Regards. Wink