Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Our own ingame mailbox?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I played longago on a shard where we all had a private mailbox wicch was great because i could for example want to buy iron ingots at say 10gp per ingot, now all that wanted to sell me those ingots could go to my mailbox and just dump the ingots in my mailbox for the set price and i could come on later and pick it up for the set price. It worked great since ppl that play, come from different timezones and could hardly meet ingame to trade.

What do u guys think about this bad good or just plain silly?

maka

I personally think it is a great idea, but I have no clue how much support we can have for this feature (client wise). However, if we can't support it client side, then we can always make a commandTongue

I like it, but I can see a problem from the staff side of things, due to the fact that they want people to interact.
Also, when macroing you miss so many ingame messages.
You cant read them later.
With this we will be able to read them later.!
Kepi Wrote:Also, when macroing you miss so many ingame messages.
You cant read them later.
With this we will be able to read them later.!

theres a "easy" way to make them work like staff messages to players work (a litle paper roll appears in your top left corner) that you can doubleclick and read Big Grin. this coul dprobably be scripted in to open from "mailboxes" aswell but ye like maka said we want ppl to comunicate aswell! Big Grin
I also think that it's a good idea, however we must be careful so that we do not strive too far away from the sphere-roots. The mailbox seems very world of warcraft-ish to me, but oh well, it's not a bad future so I'm all for it if we can script it good ^^
I'd say keep the playstyle, items, and PVP close to sphere roots, but if there's a way to make playing the game easier and more enjoyable, then go for it. Tongue

That being said, I'm completely neutral in regards to an in-game mail system.
I think it would be much cooler to have a npc that acted like a mailman. Place one in each frequently visited town and you could go to this npc to pick up or leave messages. There could even have a minimal fee (like buying a stamp) for each use!

I doubt that most people would even pay any attention to that but I like it much better then magical mail:p
I don't like the idea of the mailbox, but instead of the mailbox, what about a bulletinboard at the bank? Or why not two, one for selling and one for buying.

The items you wish to buy or sell, have to exceed a price of lets say ~100k. This could be ingots, logs, houses etc.

When selling something you simply make a new post, insert your filled commodity deed/house deed, set the price and post it.

The same thing with buying, you write what you want to buy, at what price and how much. You insert your check of money and people can leave the commodity deed of iron ingots (for example).

The high price limit will avoid this to be used instead of vendors.

I think it would make a pretty good feeling to the community Wink People will be reading the bulletins every day to see if they can find any bargains!
Lederoil Wrote:I don't like the idea of the mailbox, but instead of the mailbox, what about a bulletinboard at the bank? Or why not two, one for selling and one for buying.

The items you wish to buy or sell, have to exceed a price of lets say ~100k. This could be ingots, logs, houses etc.

When selling something you simply make a new post, insert your filled commodity deed/house deed, set the price and post it.

The same thing with buying, you write what you want to buy, at what price and how much. You insert your check of money and people can leave the commodity deed of iron ingots (for example).

The high price limit will avoid this to be used instead of vendors.

I think it would make a pretty good feeling to the community Wink People will be reading the bulletins every day to see if they can find any bargains!

Yea i like that idea lots, the question is if its doable Smile
That seems easy enough, though I cannot help but think it would kill the purpose of the trading forums. Why would anyone go post on the forums to trade/buy/sell if they can just do it in game?
Shade Wrote:That seems easy enough, though I cannot help but think it would kill the purpose of the trading forums. Why would anyone go post on the forums to trade/buy/sell if they can just do it in game?

Well, isn't it much better if it's actually done in the game? And still, if we make a price limit, people will still be using the forums to sell cheaper things.
Auction system. ^_^
Pages: 1 2