Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: GM fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why dnt we get a noobed rod for gming fishing, would look really cool if we could have a diffrent rod..
this have been brought up by a few players (and staff) no approval of le admins,.. yet Tongue

main and a big reason is because reward items should be handed out to skills that takes alot of time to train.
wz jst thinkin of sum color to the fishing theme, always annoying when i steal urbs rod...or even an expensive colord rod you can buy which would be noobed...
Levatei Lasmanos Wrote:wz jst thinkin of sum color to the fishing theme, always annoying when i steal urbs rod...or even an expensive colord rod you can buy which would be noobed...

not any bad ideas at all maybe we can add a fishing quest in the future that wil let you obtain a newbied pole for example or any other sweet item Big Grin ofocurse youd have to be gm fisher to be able to take teh quest.

i hoppe we get time for stuff like this soon im sure taran have a alot of sweet ideas for stuff like this in the future, but currently our quest staff is working on the new weapons quests and recepies Tongue
is it true gm fishing can fish out MIB's??
Reeko Wrote:is it true gm fishing can fish out MIB's??

fishing skill around 90-100 can "find" sea creatures those can have a MIB as a drop.
Aye, I've been finding them left and right after about 85-90 skill. Also, I disagree that it's an easy skill to GM because after about 90, you spend about 1/2 the time fishing and the other 1/2 killing sea serpents that pop up. Plus there's the anti-macro gump so you can't just AFK fish it like you do with most of the skills that give rewards.

Also, I have a question... What happens if you get a skill reward, lets say smithing, while you're AFK macroing daggers. You disconnect at some point during the night. Do you get the popup until you get your reward or does it get lost?
Sindern Wrote:Aye, I've been finding them left and right after about 85-90 skill. Also, I disagree that it's an easy skill to GM because after about 90, you spend about 1/2 the time fishing and the other 1/2 killing sea serpents that pop up. Plus there's the anti-macro gump so you can't just AFK fish it like you do with most of the skills that give rewards.

I agree with you. Fishing is hard enough to deserve a reward, though if they aren't given out I am sure there is a logical reason for it.

Sindern Wrote:Also, I have a question... What happens if you get a skill reward, lets say smithing, while you're AFK macroing daggers. You disconnect at some point during the night. Do you get the popup until you get your reward or does it get lost?

I think the gump is a 1 shot thing... not 100% on that though. Just page and we will take care of it though Smile
The gump is a 1 shot thing but you just need to page and they give you the item.!
That happened to me with Magery.
I'd like a colored fishing pole.
Ya, it will be really cool.
And the fishing quest sounds great.!