Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Please enable Stealing skill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This skill is hella hard to train, and is effective and useful in fights. why is it disabled?
This has been discussed a few times already. I could tell you why and everything but instead I will quote Taran :p

Taran Wrote:Stealing is diabled at the moment.
We want to balance it before we enable it again.
Haha, it's not hard to train stealing Wink.

But yea, it's a nice pvp skill Smile just not looking forward to the myriad of naked f***ers sitting in Brit stealing without consequence, ruining the chance of having a community in towns. So if you're going to enable stealing, you may as well enable house banking, since no one will be in town.

Regards.
Keep it disabled in towns IMO. Sad One of the things that drove me away from OSI was having to move every 10 seconds at the bank because some guy in a res robe kept following me and spamming me with "Lolnub is attempting to peek into your belongings."
There's a bug with stealing that we're unable to fix. It's not particularly stealing, really. It's the new clients if I remember correctly. It's rather impossible for us to make it not abusable in our combat system.

maka

Does anyone else besides you know about this bugBig Grin?
I think i know what the bug is, but since its enabled you might want to clarify with us all what the problem is, as someone might know a way of fixing this.

And if the skill is disabled, perhaps there could be some alternative skill that is given to players who already gmed it, since it does take time to GM stealing...I think that would be fair.

okan

maka

It's going to be enabled when it's balancedSad There are quite a few things to fix, but if the population consider stealing to be of a great importance, I'm sure it will be prioritized.

Right now, not really a lot can be done, as there is other things to fix first. I do not think that there will be a "compromise" for those who GMed it before, they will just have to waitSad
maka Wrote:Does anyone else besides you know about this bugBig Grin?

/sigh
remember when i explained and demonstrated stealing weapons from people without ever snooping?

did we ever do anything about that? I remember talking about an in-combat timer of some sort, but I don't remember if we changed it :confused:

maka

It's only an issue of stone balancing (as in how much you can steal) and combat use balancing.