Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Staffing Days Over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just thought I'd let you guys know before you all start to wonder that I will no longer be staffing on IN. No big details, except that I was jailed/banned for duping a few resources for my player char. I guess I let the easy access of the resources go to my head and went too far. I dunno if I'll still be able to play my char or not, waiting for a reply about that. If not, I'll be leaving IN for good, no matter how many more IN's come up or if this one is up for a while Tongue
I've had a good day-or-so to think about 'why' and what's next and all that, and I've come to the conclusion that I thought I could get away with it because of my view towards, and experience with, past IN staff on my player. I've seen a whole lot of crap go on with staff from IN in the past, and they were never banned or anything as far as I remember. I'll give a few examples of what I'm talking about (Story time!):

-On IN1, my friend, a guild mate and I were trying to gank Blade Rineheart outside of Trinsic one day. We eventually trapped him in some cross-walls and slowly but surely killed him. As soon as his body hit the ground, he was resurrected, and good ol' Shinare appeared, said "Woops, my bad" and re-hid.

-Here's a good one: This girl character and her guild and I became friends, and eventually she gave me a key to her Castle. She had about 6 suits of every armor, a few of every elemental weapon (Firey Bow, etc), and almost anything else you could think of. I was trustworthy, I kept the key for quite some time, months actually, with no problems. One day my brother, his friend, and I decide to loot the place dry. That's just what we did, we looted the place dry. We took most of it back to our house and put it in random boxes, but my brother's friend was smart and trashed some of the goods (you'll see why it was "smart"), including a Firey Bow. About an hour or so later Shinare and Efritti (however the hell you spell the guy's name), a fairly new GM, pop up in our house and tell us to give every item back. So, we give most of it all back. After they are done yelling at us and us etc, we get jailed for a week for "illegal house looting". This was the breaking point for our group - my brother, his two friends, my friend and I all quit the shard after that.

-My favorite: One day my friend and I were hanging out at trinsic bank with a handful of other people, when we see some reds. But this was unusual because we had never seen any reds inside trinsic's guarded area. The crew rolled through and killed all of us, looted, and recalled. We tested the guards in confusion minutes later and they were working fine. We came to the conclusion that they had been turned off by the only GM online at the time, because this GM also had a player character, and this character was one of the reds that killed us. No punishment.

I'm telling these stories because I believe that this is where I got the idea that I could get away with a few things as a GM, just because it was IN, and because of the things I had witnessed and experienced in the past. One of humankind's greatest faults is that we make assumptions. Don't assume that you can get away with something just because someone else did Wink
Was very fun while it lasted, see you all later.

P.S.
To all the other GMs:
Despise is still unfinished, and very crappy at that. I finished about half of the upper level. It's basically Lizardman-land in there, and I think it could be a useful dungeon if corrected.

P.P.S.
Dear Slaethin: You're probably the worst scum on the face of the earth.
Vergo Wrote:Just thought I'd let you guys know before you all start to wonder that I will no longer be staffing on IN. No big details, except that I was jailed/banned for duping a few resources for my player char. I guess I let the easy access of the resources go to my head and went too far. I dunno if I'll still be able to play my char or not, waiting for a reply about that. If not, I'll be leaving IN for good, no matter how many more IN's come up or if this one is up for a while Tongue
I've had a good day-or-so to think about 'why' and what's next and all that, and I've come to the conclusion that I thought I could get away with it because of my view towards, and experience with, past IN staff on my player. I've seen a whole lot of crap go on with staff from IN in the past, and they were never banned or anything as far as I remember. I'll give a few examples of what I'm talking about (Story time!):

-On IN1, my friend, a guild mate and I were trying to gank Blade Rineheart outside of Trinsic one day. We eventually trapped him in some cross-walls and slowly but surely killed him. As soon as his body hit the ground, he was resurrected, and good ol' Shinare appeared, said "Woops, my bad" and re-hid.

-Here's a good one: This girl character and her guild and I became friends, and eventually she gave me a key to her Castle. She had about 6 suits of every armor, a few of every elemental weapon (Firey Bow, etc), and almost anything else you could think of. I was trustworthy, I kept the key for quite some time, months actually, with no problems. One day my brother, his friend, and I decide to loot the place dry. That's just what we did, we looted the place dry. We took most of it back to our house and put it in random boxes, but my brother's friend was smart and trashed some of the goods (you'll see why it was "smart"), including a Firey Bow. About an hour or so later Shinare and Efritti (however the hell you spell the guy's name), a fairly new GM, pop up in our house and tell us to give every item back. So, we give most of it all back. After they are done yelling at us and us etc, we get jailed for a week for "illegal house looting". This was the breaking point for our group - my brother, his two friends, my friend and I all quit the shard after that.

-My favorite: One day my friend and I were hanging out at trinsic bank with a handful of other people, when we see some reds. But this was unusual because we had never seen any reds inside trinsic's guarded area. The crew rolled through and killed all of us, looted, and recalled. We tested the guards in confusion minutes later and they were working fine. We came to the conclusion that they had been turned off by the only GM online at the time, because this GM also had a player character, and this character was one of the reds that killed us. No punishment.

I'm telling these stories because I believe that this is where I got the idea that I could get away with a few things as a GM, just because it was IN, and because of the things I had witnessed and experienced in the past. One of humankind's greatest faults is that we make assumptions. Don't assume that you can get away with something just because someone else did Wink
Was very fun while it lasted, see you all later.

P.S.
To all the other GMs:
Despise is still unfinished, and very crappy at that. I finished about half of the upper level. It's basically Lizardman-land in there, and I think it could be a useful dungeon if corrected.

P.P.S.
Dear Slaethin: You're probably the worst scum on the face of the earth. Suck my dick and go to hell, thanks!

Are you joking? So you though that cheating your player was correct, that you had experienced some cheating doesnt mean that you or any other staff from "IN-X" is allowed to cheat. The ones that cheat will be catched and banned. It's funny that you wrote some stories like saying "if they did why not me?"

I would like to say that any staff member cheat their self and that here on "IN-X" we are working for the players not to get "some resources"

Anyway thanks for the help that you apported to the shard.
Im shocked :eek:
no comments.....
I never said I thought it was right.
What I'm saying is that I didn't think at all. I just took other's examples. I was really young when all that happened, I didn't know what to think, except that that was just how things went if you were staff. I'm definitely NOT saying that I think that's how it should have gone, or should be.
A shame you decided to do that. You seemed like a nice guy the few times i met you.
Well sorry Vergo you made a bad choice but since you came on as a GM with good intent and you were 1 of the most helpfull GM's, i do hope Taran will take this in to thaught of letting you play on the shard, even if it does include stripping your char of sumthing as punishment, good luck V
I really have to say first that I hate staff abusing powers. That being said, in all my years of playing UO never have I seen anyone come out and openly admit to their mistakes. That takes balls and with that a small portion of the respect lost is restored, very little of it. Though I really hate abuse of power.
It is a shame to see any staff go and I know that you did have good intentions most of the time.
Not sure what exactly to say.. But IN-X is not run by the same admin as IN was. So kinda bad examples if it's not even the same crew.
Yea it's kinda hard cause I'm really embarrassed about the whole thing...but I really didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea later on, thinking I did something that I really didn't do, or thinking that Taran banned for no reason or something.
My character was banned as well, so I won't be seeing any of you guys anymore. This is basically the last thread I'll be replying to.
Vergo Wrote:Yea it's kinda hard cause I'm really embarrassed about the whole thing...but I really didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea later on, thinking I did something that I really didn't do, or thinking that Taran banned for no reason or something.
My character was banned as well, so I won't be seeing any of you guys anymore. This is basically the last thread I'll be replying to.

I'm sorry that your mortal got banned as well. I believed that we had a very promising future as players Sad. Good luck in whatever you do in the future!

Regards.
Why Vergo, why? Cry I liked you...

Now when you are banned and everything, may I ask who your mortal was?
LOLOMGWTFBBQ! Hahah!

I created a thread when IN:R first started and asked about all the abuse on IN1. I was concerned about some GMs that abused on IN1 and I was wondering if IN:R would have some of the same staffers. People started getting all butthurt and said nothing like that ever happened on IN1 and such. Even KM/Coldrake responded and basically went all newb in his response. It was obvious there was favoritism, it was obvious some of the GMs abused.

I despise cheaters! It's even worse when it's a bloody staffer.

This thread makes me laugh so damn hard.
Pages: 1 2