Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Total Mana pots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We should add total mana refresh pots to the list of craftables.
thats gonna ruin our pvp:/
Make it so you can only drink 1 total mana every 3 minutes or so?

maka

Still ruins PvPSad Only thing you have to do then is wait for the guy to go on low or decent mana, drink a pot and start flaming of 6-8 FSes. Would require very little skill.

I assume that you are talking about this in the sense of hunting? Cuase still, if you are hunting, "regular" mana potions would give you more mana than the ones you suggested.

Please explain a bit more of your idea thought, cause we picked RunUO for a reason. Wouldn't be all that big of a problem to make total manas "disabled" in PvP.
maka Wrote:Still ruins PvPSad Only thing you have to do then is wait for the guy to go on low or decent mana, drink a pot and start flaming of 6-8 FSes. Would require very little skill.

I assume that you are talking about this in the sense of hunting? Cuase still, if you are hunting, "regular" mana potions would give you more mana than the ones you suggested.

Please explain a bit more of your idea thought, cause we picked RunUO for a reason. Wouldn't be all that big of a problem to make total manas "disabled" in PvP.

How would it ruin PvP? If anything it would just make it last longer... if someone runs out of mana they can drink a pot and get full mana again.... true he has more mana again but whats stopping the other guy from drinking one to??? :eek:

maka

It would remove the skill/reading/planing factor, and add an element of just waiting. You still have the waiting element here, but if you add total manas, you'd increase the amount of FSes, which also increases the amount of damage/second. When increasing damage/second, you lower the value of a heal (as heal heals less than a FS makes damage)
Nice explanation Maka and i totally agree, with full manas pots i can cast like 7 fs in a row.! Not cool.!
It should be pretty easy to just flag all the tourney areas with some type of PVP name/flag and have the potions disabled in that area. You could have the rare weapons/armor that were suggested in another thread be based off of that flag also. If you enter the area with them on, they go into your pack and can't be equipped until you leave. Tongue
Easy solution - if you're crim or murderer you simply can't use them if you've cast in the xx seconds. If a person can't heal in, say 15 seconds, then it's their ass that is going to be fried anyway ;D. Also add a flag that if player character has cast spell on other player character, there is xx second wait. Expand the flagging system to account for summons as well.

This leaves blues, grays, and reds who want to PVM with total manas to save time and boost the economy do so. Problem solved.
maka Wrote:I assume that you are talking about this in the sense of hunting? Cuase still, if you are hunting, "regular" mana potions would give you more mana than the ones you suggested.

Also...

The problem with using regular mana pots for hunting is that they're absolute weak sauce and use way too many resources for the mana boost they give (IMHO). Usually, totals use 8 regs and do full revitilization, whereas regulars use 4 regs and only do... 20-25?
maka Wrote:It would remove the skill/reading/planing factor, and add an element of just waiting. You still have the waiting element here, but if you add total manas, you'd increase the amount of FSes, which also increases the amount of damage/second. When increasing damage/second, you lower the value of a heal (as heal heals less than a FS makes damage)

But doesnt that work the same for healing/second? I mean you can cast more greater heals.... and if needed to slow it down a bit just change the timer for drinking of total mana pots...

maka

It's the same for healing, but heal gives you less health than a FS takes away.
Pages: 1 2 3 4