Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: New Item
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been trying to get this idea out but i think the best way to davertise it is by posting it in its own post and honestly get everyones opinion on it.. maybe you guys can even add to this. I want to see INX grow.. I'm still here after all this time and i plan on staying.

The Idea -

I say we create a new genre of items.. INX items... Sort of like Xtreme armor it will have its own uniqueness and probably have a huge impact on the shard. These sort of items should have specialties about them.

For instance..
Let's say we called the items Dream, as it seems like a cool name since we are trying to make INX a dream shard.

Hunting:

Dream Bow
Dream Weapons

Make weapons deal more damage to certain creatures.. it will not affect the pvp, just make hunting more intereasting.. these weapons should be RARE and should help ALOT, Lets say [Exeedingly Accurate Halberd, Dragons Dream], This would significantly UP the damage towards Dragons and therefore makes Hunting more of a hand to hand experience.. more intereasting.

Collectables:

I think this is the most important thing, All Ultima shards have collectable items.. maybe like carpets, lamps, clocks, decorative shields and weapons that cannot be equipped but are RR'd... just to make your house look pimp. These things are important to an economy.

PVP:

I think we should introduce a new set of armor never-before seen... [Imagine Xtreme Dream Platemail] or something.. the only way to get these pieces is by earning tickets by winning tournaments and each piece has a very high cost which makes it harder to get the armor and diversifies the economy. This plate should be a distinct color like Mirak or a Zircon..or.. Bright Pink.... something very intruiging. The ticket buy stones need to be put in since we now have tickets for nothing... Just laying in our banks lol..

Distinct Weapons:

Hells Halberd and things like that seem pretty cool as long as it obeys our pvp system.

Rides:

Maybe introduce a new type of ride, i think swamp dragons and ridgebacks with BOND deeds was a good alternative because it made death rides and adam rides VERY expensive and with veternariancy you would be able to res them and steal them while their in ghost mode [dead]. That was very fascinating, im sure Maka still has the scripts for that.

These are things that i find ARE VERY important and will bulk up the economy drastically. I think my ideas need to be taken into consideration because i've been here for quite some time and i've done the research, played several shards and i've gotten plenty of opinions, i just want to see what the staff think about this, maybe they can work on it, i would be more than happy to help if they'd need me to do... i just really want to see this shard grow and be the best!

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
I agree in almost everything but I dont think the platemail should be traded for tickets, its give you a huge chance to get it, but for newbies or beginners, its 0% of getting it..
if i get espanta´s idea right he ask for something "wow-style" i mean ur a good pvper u deserve a prize and that sounds fair to me.
Sure at the beggining ppl who are not "top-pvpers" wont get that kind of items but they will work as a motivation, i mean people will want to become better to get the stuff, as i said it sounds good to me.
But to be as good as some pvpers of the shard, you just need monthsss! I dont think there should be a unique prize to wining tournaments.
Scare I think you have some great ideas. As you can see we are in the process of making new mounts and stuff already. I think your ideas are great and we have ALOT on our plate right now because the gm's are pretty much all busy with something or other. IE.. Deco in dungons, New ride spawns, Some minor scripting, Making and fixing spawns. Ect ect ect.... So I would say there may be a chance of some or all of what you said in the future but we have alot of catching up to do first. Thanks for the idea's!! I will see what I can do.
Quote:But to be as good as some pvpers of the shard, you just need monthsss! I dont think there should be a unique prize to wining tournaments.
Dude, that shard is PvP/RP oriented. So there should be unique items for winning tournaments, just as we got items like shroud robes for thoses who RP and stuff like that... I dont think there should be unique items for something except winning tournaments or Roleplay^^
Viz Wrote:Scare I think you have some great ideas. As you can see we are in the process of making new mounts and stuff already. I think your ideas are great and we have ALOT on our plate right now because the gm's are pretty much all busy with something or other. IE.. Deco in dungons, New ride spawns, Some minor scripting, Making and fixing spawns. Ect ect ect.... So I would say there may be a chance of some or all of what you said in the future but we have alot of catching up to do first. Thanks for the idea's!! I will see what I can do.

Thank you very much for taking the eniciative to assess my ideas Viz, it is greatly appreciated bro. I admire that. I hope my ideas will help the shard in it's developement in the not so distant futur.

Regards,
Scarecrow [Prototype].
That's an interesting idea with the weapons. I don't remember much from my Sphere scripting days, but I know there's a way to tell the difference between a PC and an NPC, and I think there were different monster types (dragon, demon, etc).

It would be interesting if the new weapons looked at those tags to determine damage so that some of the new, rare items are able to do extra damage and effects vs. certain monsters, but acts like a normal weapon vs players.

Damn, this makes me want to learn C#.

maka

We had slayer weapons on an old versions of XUO (which did exactly that, extra damage vs some monster types, normal vs players), but they got removed cause they were not very sphereish. Doing it like scarecrow said would not lessen the sphere feel, and still give people some very interesting weapons.

Personally I like the idea of rare weapons and recipes, and you had this on IN. Hopefully similar weapons will be implemented soon.
maka Wrote:We had slayer weapons on an old versions of XUO (which did exactly that, extra damage vs some monster types, normal vs players), but they got removed cause they were not very sphereish. Doing it like scarecrow said would not lessen the sphere feel, and still give people some very interesting weapons.

Personally I like the idea of rare weapons and recipes, and you had this on IN. Hopefully similar weapons will be implemented soon.

hmm...
i think make the waepon speed and the hit chance highter will be more fun in hunting...
and make parrying more stronger...
then peoples may have a choice to use one hand waepon with shield for pvp...

everyone just useing BSBSBSBS EVEVEV and bows to kill monsters.
and pick a double hand waepon to make a great damage and FSFSFSFSFS...
if you are clever man then you must use easyuo to heal to loot to gank someone.
there are no skills in these two parts...

i think there should have a better ways to make In-X more like sphere.
if the roleplayers are getting special items for being that, roleplayers, i dont know whats the matter if us pvpers got special items for pvping i mean i see it quite fair...
and about the special weaps if they dont make an impact on PVP im down with them Tongue
Gang-Bang Wrote:Dude, that shard is PvP/RP oriented. So there should be unique items for winning tournaments, just as we got items like shroud robes for thoses who RP and stuff like that... I dont think there should be unique items for something except winning tournaments or Roleplay^^

I agree with Gang. I think there should be tourney only prizes, but also craftables that have interesting recipes and require lots of GM skills, smithing, carp, inscription, etc.

Regards.
Pages: 1 2