Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: DoS Attacks on my server [Omni-Turbo/PLAN B]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
maka Wrote:DarkfallOnline.com, it's not done yet though. Read about it, it's the only game I've been wanting to play for about two years now.

I have hopes that xs4all will host mine and my friends 3D UO-ish game within a year or so, if that long. But yeah, time will tell:p

I have been following Darkfall for quite some time now. It is certainly the next UO if there was ever to be one. But it sounds to me like the project has been abandoned. They still have updates from time to time, but it is not really going anywhere... any time soon.

If Darkfall were to come out, most people who played UO would love Darkfall. Skill based, excellent crafting system, hard-care PvP, etc.

I have also had the same idea as Maka, to create my own 3D-UOish type game. I even went as far as to document all the ideas for the game, and started creating a business plan to distribute to investors. UO did so many things right with their MMO. And many MMOs are missing what made UO great. However, with new technology and such... UO certainly is not the perfect MMO anymore. Taking was is great from UO and incorporating it into a newer, faster, and sexier interface is the makings of a successful MMO.

maka

The project I'm working on has been in the makings for a few months now, but not programming wise.

We have done a lot of research, both technical and concept (skills, cameras, PvP, PvE, etc), talked about a lot of features, looked into client and server side scripting, set up a web page (to document progress and ideas), found map and animation tools and we just recently started coding.

We have been coding for a week+ now, and we read something that is important to the project every day, so we are pretty seriousTongue I'll have more stuff to show when I think that we are in a acceptable alpha, but i expect great things, possibly even great things than darkfall. So far, we have already some pretty amazing maps to show for, and that is just early conceptual testing maps.

Until then, the project is private.
chop chop...:neutral:
maka Wrote:The project I'm working on has been in the makings for a few months now, but not programming wise.

We have done a lot of research, both technical and concept (skills, cameras, PvP, PvE, etc), talked about a lot of features, looked into client and server side scripting, set up a web page (to document progress and ideas), found map and animation tools and we just recently started coding.

We have been coding for a week+ now, and we read something that is important to the project every day, so we are pretty seriousTongue I'll have more stuff to show when I think that we are in a acceptable alpha, but i expect great things, possibly even great things than darkfall. So far, we have already some pretty amazing maps to show for, and that is just early conceptual testing maps.

Until then, the project is private.

Sounds really intresting. let us know how things go Wink
In the meantime everyone with a serious UO addiction should check out Mabinogi. And yes Aggy, you can chop wood in it. Tongue
And play Stones on a lute, be there the need to do so.
*yey*

Except i HATE anime :o

Well I don't have time aswell atm. Currently I'm cleaning up about 4k lines of code for the game I'm making.

And I can't even chop logs in the game _I'M_ making .. except perhaps SQL logs :neutral:
yea, too bad it's anime Sad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRqgu0Ao8...re=related

i always wanted to do that in UO.
Nasir Wrote:yea, too bad it's anime Sad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRqgu0Ao8...re=related

i always wanted to do that in UO.

Ok, that video was the suck. *smacks head*
Well the rest of the songs on youtube are all crappy anime songs. I thought it was neat you could write your own music ;/
Pages: 1 2