Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: RP Rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Role-play Rules

Do not refer to real life situations.

This includes exchanging out of game personal information about yourself. You can use party or guild chat for this as well as private messages Using abbreviations of any sort is strictly prohibited.

Roleplaying

The use of "faces" falls under this rule as it is an abbreviation of emotions. Whenever a race or trait of any kind is being role-played, the facts of the role-play must never be broken

If a player chooses to play the role of a murderous villain who lives his life to slaughter everyone he meets, it would not make sense for him to be helping any other person. Likewise, if someone was to play the role of a holy man who lives for the good of the people, this person cannot kill for any reason.

These situations and definitions of ones background purely depend on the story they are to follow. Clearing up any uncertainties in ones story can prevent misunderstandings and common issues that may occur. If a holy man wants to kill, it should be included in his story that he wishes to purge the world of evil.

If a guild is role-playing, the guild master will be held accountable for the actions of their members. This rule only applies if the guild master does not require their guild members to write their own background story. If a guild master fails to keep their guild members from breaking character, the entire guild is subject to lose all rewards.

Writing a RP story

Plagiarism is strictly forbidden. If anyone submits a story they do not have the rights to use, that person will be jailed for a minimum of one week and additionally lose all rights to ever apply for role-play rewards ever again. Your story has to be of reasonable length all we ask is roughly 1 page long.

Breaking character is only allowed under the following conditions.

If your helping a new player out.
Speaking privately to a staff member.
Speaking in private with guild members only.
If something is too hard to express through your role-play you can type it in brackets. Do not abuse this.
While using guild chat, party chat or private messages you do not need to speak in character.
If an event requires you to break character you may do so only at a staff members consent. This almost never happens.

Punishment for breaking RP

You will be given 2 warnings 3rd offense you will lose your items. If you lose your items you will need to be in perfect RP at all time to get the items back. If you are lucky enough to get the items back if you lose them again you will have a permaban from rp items.

Do not over do the request of RP items at most you will get 3. Death shrouds will not be given out easily they require perfect RP at all times, this will be watched closely. The watch period is based on how staff feels you RP it could be 2 days to 2 months

If someone is insulting, making fun of you or harassing you because your RPing please page and a staff member will take care of the situation.
In regards to not using faces, you can use the new emote menu to express yourself quickly as well.

Type .e to bring up the menu.

You can also type .e emotename to perform that emote without using the menu. (i.e: .e giggle)
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Wow so strick :O whats the point of all theses rules? Isnt it suposed to be fun and all?

-Xerxes[/COLOR]
What is strict here? You're kidding, yeah?
Xerxes Wrote:[COLOR="#FF0000"]Wow so strick :O whats the point of all theses rules? Isnt it suposed to be fun and all?

-Xerxes[/COLOR]

I could be wrong here, but I believe these rules are only for people who request specific unique items. They write an RP story and request some item, so they need to keep in the character they described and not run around saying "sup dudes, just got this sweet named bandana, balllllller."

That make sense? There was an entire thread about how some people roleplay and some dont want to so I assume it's not enforced on the general population.
I am sick and tired of seeing all of these people who claim to be 'RPing' break the RP rules with no consequences.
It's on a daily basis... 24/7.

How are these people rewarded with RP items?
I am at a complete loss here.. I'm trying to understand why there is absolutely NO RP supervision going on.

It's been happening for awhile now and I'm really starting to get irritated, as well as some others who actually care about the RP aspect of IN. When there are new people coming to the server, reading the forums of all these RP stories and then turning around and seeing first hand how RP is taken as a joke on IN, I can guarantee you those people interested in RPing don't stay around.

Perverted public announcements and deliberate use of illegal text breaking the RP rules in game?
This is NOTHING compared to what I have seen happening... I just happened to remember to take a screen shot of it so I could ***** and moan, being that nobody else is.