Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Bug with Guards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just mining and got ganked. Somehow, 2 flamestrikes took all 100HP... which shouldn't be possible. I typed guards but the guards didn't come, and I've found out that if you stand at max range from someone, then FS them, the guards won't come when they call and they have to run towards you, then call guards for them to come.

That's ****ing retarded.

So basically what that means is, I get FS, have to stop what I'm doing, run toward the person and if they're smart they'll run away to stay at max range, then call guards and hope I got close enough to them before their second FS goes off.

Fa*ggot List +Lanfear
Sindern Wrote:I was just mining and got ganked. Somehow, 2 flamestrikes took all 100HP... which shouldn't be possible. I typed guards but the guards didn't come, and I've found out that if you stand at max range from someone, then FS them, the guards won't come when they call and they have to run towards you, then call guards for them to come.

That's ****ing retarded.

So basically what that means is, I get FS, have to stop what I'm doing, run toward the person and if they're smart they'll run away to stay at max range, then call guards and hope I got close enough to them before their second FS goes off.

Fa*ggot List +Lanfear

Exactly! I thought it was just me! I was mining at Mt. Kendall today and at max range Lanfear FSed me twice and I got pked. Guards never even bothered to show up.
There's also some way he's getting extra damage from a FS. FS is supposed to do 42 damage (or something like that). There should be no way that 2xFS kills you from full life.
Sindern Wrote:There's also some way he's getting extra damage from a FS. FS is supposed to do 42 damage (or something like that). There should be no way that 2xFS kills you from full life.

Yep. Also to the players that use this...bug...so far I seen three...please don't bother me. I'm just a peaceful crafter :lol:
They'll never leave you alone, but to have a bug that lets you kill people in town without them being able to do anything about it is rediculous.
Nice to hear that you two have something incommon! Wink Oh well, time for the reply:

Flamestrike (with or without scrolls) does 46 damage against GM magical resistance. If your magic resistance is lower than 100% then it may do more damage and that would explain why you died from two flamestrikes. There is no currently known "bug" to get stronger flamestrikes than 46 dmg if u have GM magical resistance, so I would assume that must be why you were hit harder.

I'll let somebody else from the staff team reply to the guards-issue, since I'm focused on the PvP part of the shard.

Regards,
Hate
uh fs does 46 damage and i think thats with gm magic resistance, so its hard to say what it does without gm resistacne or i could be wrong
aww hate beat me to it lol
That explains the FS part. It's good to know that I won't have to worry about it once I GM resist.

The guards bug is an issue that needs looking at, though.
Sindern Wrote:That explains the FS part. It's good to know that I won't have to worry about it once I GM resist.

The guards bug is an issue that needs looking at, though.

Yep. That explains the FS for me as well. But the guard bug...I'm not going to mention the player but someone from USSR guild probably knows this bug. 4 miners mining at Mt. Kendall and this guy calls the guards and the guard kills all 4 of us. He loots everything off us and leaves as if nothing happened. Can anyone explain how this happened?
Sucks that someone always has to use something to get an upper edge over someone, sucks even more that they would have to do it to random miners...but I am guessing it will stay this way so I guess there's not much you can do other then run towards him when you see the power words.
There's no problem with this guys Smile. MT Kendall is a very tricky place, it is only partly guarded. If I were to stand in the little non-guarded area and FS kills you, even if you called guards i would not supper a guard wack because I am FSing you from an unguarded area. [assuming im red]

There are problems with the guards, i agree with that, but there is no problem with them in the instance you present.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
Pages: 1 2