Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: "Why" is this shard so hard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This is a long post, beware, but it has some shit that needs to be looked into, and it makes lots of sense, read at your own will and give feedback, no god damn cussing out, or negative shit. help or dont reply at all, period.

Ive been looking at post, and thnking about my ingame play and the flaws, and heres what I think... This shards too god damn hard and thats why people wont come here...

Why isnt there an ankh in everyfloor of a dungeon? Would it be bad if someone desides to get themselves ressed and continue on without being frustrated and wanting to log off?

Why not have pits rune outside of dungeons? Would it be so bad to get an easy way back to pits so you can restock and go back and create a little actitivity rather then wasting your time running as a ghost?

Why is it so hard to GM Magery? Wouldnt it be more logical if you can GM the skill, which you need the most, as quick as you can so you can get started and ENJOY the server, rather then being on for one week and not being able to gate or res or fs? Would it be so bad to be able to cast spells? Considering you start with ONLY 2K, which is just for a limited time?

Why is it so hard to GM Taming and why is it so hard to get your hands on some nice colored rides? would it be so bad if there were more to trade and easier to tame? Is interaction between players bad? Why is it so hard to tame rides? Why do you insist we ride stupid ugly ass horses and not enjoy a nice ride? Why does it have to be super rare, thats like saying everyone has to a hyundai irl because the other ones cost 1 million+... Why the hell cant we have that? I dont understand the reason its pure stupidity, HAVE SOME TRADES GOING!

Why not add some new things for blacksmiths? they trained so damn hard to gm that skill for what? Just armors? why not add some BODS that would give chances to players to have some cool pickaxes and hammers that give additional points? Would it be bad to give crafters reason to constantly create items to please the players and have some trades going?

Why dont you add new craftables for both blacksmiths and the bow fletcher dudes. Why not add some cool weapons that can only be crafted by gm smiths that are equivalent to might,force and power weapons? The only way to make those would be through BODS having a special hammer that gives you a certain addition to blacksmithy... Why not add some new bows, ones that take rubies or diamonds etc... Why not add some new items to make people play and strive for something?

Why not set class's to each weapon? ex: there can be different types of weapons throughout the class of ruin,might,force,power,vanq. What I mean by that is add the industructable, fortified, etc... so tehres different types of each class and theres more trades and that makes MAXXED weapons of each class harder to get.. Here it's only +5,+10,+15,+20,+25... why not add to the class's so its a little difficult to get that strong wep.

Why not make more monsters, more variety, and more reason to go hunting? why only have two monsters to kill that drop decent loot and chances to drop more weapons. Why kill only two things? Why not make new monsters that are surrounded with crazy dudes and you gotta kill them and kill the boss and each minion drops a decent amount of gold?

Why not add NEW Monsters, RUNUO looking monsters, Xtreme monsters that drop Xtreme armor, and other new monsters that drop their own type of armors or weapons, or anything... that gives people reason to go kill that guy and have some player activity and pking there?

Why not implement RUNUO features into this shard, upgrade it a little, for the better? Would it be bad to see some cool new features with the old school feel and look? Would it be harmful? wouldn't it attract new players?

Why not make it cheaper to buy regrements, a system where the more you buy the cheaper it gets(like a discount), wouldnt that be cool? and make it better for those who are suppliers and supply people with pvp items?

Why not make loots a little higher and make it a little easier for people to get some cash so they can buy some stuff? Why make it so difficult to purchase things when the PVP itself is based on purchasing PVP related goods. (scrolls,pots).

Why isnt there a diversity in the events that happen? Why only REPS or REGs, why not team events, such as CTFS, Color wars, etc.. NEW events we havent tried, new events that dont relate to pvp, but more team work and enjoyment. WHY NOT have a list of 10-15 events and switch and keep the players here motivated and happy and enjoyed?

WHY not have scripted 1sv1's, so theres no GMS involved. Why not make it so a script takes over a GM's role so GM's can answer pages and do more important things rather then only hosting? The most succesfull shard's have scripted ran events they arent ran by gm's or anything. (maka created a 1vs1 tourney system and it worked, why not implement it?)

Why not have some NEW THINGS, I'm tired of the same old same old, repetitive shards. why not make it a little more player friendly, some changes for once...

Why does the staff here insist that everything be so hard for the players, are you trying to find people who are going to be commited to a shard forever? I dont mean that as in someone who will stay, cause thats what we're looking for. What I mean is from what im understanding by the way the difficulty is set here is you want people, new people who are giving this server a shot, to work like dogs to see if they would enjoy it? why not make it a little easy so they can have an easier flow and a good first impression. Why not make certain things a lot easier which will suit the players just enough to stay and be interested and then upgrade their characters later and really get involved?

Seems to me like you want them to come on the shard, and with that 2k, and just start macroing with no magery, lack of money, lack of resources because of their money, etc...

JUST LISTEN to the players for once dude, Taran, why you aren't successfull in this project right now is because you ARENT LISTENING TO THE PLAYERS OR STAFF MEMBERS. You want things your way and your way only. If this server was being played by a bunch of Tarans, then this server would be sweet, but it isnt. This is being played by us, the players, the community, why not listen to us? Why always deny the stuff we're saying, and go with what you think is right?

If the method you believe is right, wouldnt the player base rise and not descend the way it is? The way the servers pop is reflecting, its siding with what im saying here... Just make a change, change is needs, dont be afraid of changes because they can be changed back. give it a shot for once, just see how it goes, it might be for the best and you just dont want it to be because your so stuck up about whats "right" and whats "wrong".

Taran, take a look at the shards with 1k+ players, just go there, log on... see how they set it up, because I did. I did my homework, and you should too... Go look why they have 1000 players... Do you think they made it impossible for players to setup a char? Lmfao, players nowadays on UO dont want to spend WEEKS creating a char, they want a server that they can get started easily and then work for what they want later... dude I went on one of those 1k player based servers and it honestly took me 1 day and a half to GM 7 Skills. ONE DAY AND A HALF. I'm not saying it should be as easy, but if its such a bad thing to increase skill gain, then why does that server have so many players? you tell me.

MAKE SOME CHANGES!

P.S: The stupidiest thing i've seen is having starting chars with 2k, no magery, no gm skills... Man you need to give them a choice of atleast 2 skills, limited ones though. Like Magery, any combats, healing, etc... non craftables but still give them a little boost... you make them work like dogs from day one, let them have a nice welcome when they come "cool man i start with gm skills, thats sweet" not "WTF 2k NO GM SKILLS, wtf I MAKE CASH IN THIS NEWBIE DUNGEON ?? I CANT CAST SHIT, I CANT EVEN HEAL MYSELF WITH AIDS"

Just look at the message your sending for once, take a look at where i'm coming from. I've played a lot of servers, a lot, and i've joined and checked out many aswell, (recently). Times change dude, what used to be in 99 isnt whats in 2008. The players arent the same, the game isnt the same, so you need to adapt to the system and make changes.

Finally...

WHy did I write so damn much, :/.
The only shards with 1000+ players are UOGamers servers who are supported byt he RunUO staff themselves.. they have the best RunUO scripters etc working on them...

Oh, and most of them are harder to start out on then INX Tongue But thats not to say the skill gain here isnt hard... because it is Tongue
magery licks balls its stuck at 97.9 and i wanna kill people already
It couldn't be the constant complaining and listing of faults during a BETA run of the shard that would make people leave, could it?

It couldn't be the sudden bandwagon approach to progression of the shard by some of the worst people to lead by example (which is hardly worth following if you judge them by their past and what they used to do and to other people), could it?

It couldn't be the resistance to anything PvP related, when you speak of diversity but aren't willing to compromise, could it?

Negotiating is about compromise on both sides. You can't ****ing take and take.

smoke

smurtle you just ruined my life reading that post, he makes a good thread for suggestings because the shard player base is decreasing everyday and you have to ruin it go run into a knife your wasting oxygen
Bump
Thanks for the bump Shadar,

And smurtle when have you read, from me, that I didn't want the pvp to change or be tweaked? I already said it, I dont care what happens to the pvp, as long as we create a strong shard and grow. I only gave suggestions to things I believe that should be changed and is holding us back as a server.

So please once again, make an effort to help by atleast logging on once in a while or posting some constructive shit and not always some rude ass negative shit that doesnt get anywhere.

It's so hard for you isnt it :/

BACK ON TOPIC..................................
Silverwolf you rock! Cool i agree with you, and the proof is the playerbase thats lowering. by the way i quited 2 untill i see some good changes on this shard
the main problem i see here its that the "model" of shard staff thought has failed. I mean the idea of a server with skills hard to get was ok but it failed so its time to a change. Besides XUO Staff said with the mergue we will get a lot of new players blablabla. Well lets make a list with active players i can think of : Silverwolf (XUO), Pedro (XUO), Scarecrow (XUO), gang-bang and all his friends (Im not 100% if all of them come from XUO but i will bet on it), Me and all my friends and guildmates (XUO), Smoke (XUO), All the spain ownz or made in spain or whatever it is guild (XUO), even cccp its from XUO. I mean i have nothing against IN ppl but since XUO ppl its the one keeping active the shard why not make it more XUO alike. Its just my humble opinion but well i think im not very wrong.
[quote=Silverwolf]This is a long post, beware, but it has some shit that needs to be looked into, and it makes lots of sense, read at your own will and give feedback, no god damn cussing out, or negative shit. help or dont reply at all, period.

Ive been looking at post, and thnking about my ingame play and the flaws, and heres what I think... This shards too god damn hard and thats why people wont come here...

I totaly agree your post is way to long lol
but i also agree the server is way to hard and spawnd like crap alot off work went in to deco and stuff but thats
the last shit that should of been done

i just wish that the merge never happend!! i waiting one year for a amature shard which i could of done in a month with out deco

well anyway waited 1 year and check it out for 1 week i will not stay no rune books spell books not newbied and **** all for healers where u need them wtf not happy with the long wait to see the amuture shard that only but a few low end staff care about!!
This shard is so hard because the admins want people to leave.

You don't understand, huh? me neither, it's impossible to understand why they make a shard that hard.
because iners cry "oh we worked alot on our skills why should the others get them faster"
i would give beginners some gm skills and make skillgain much easier so we could have alot of new players :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6