Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Guards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guards should chasse you and attack you instead of insta kill in like 2 secs
Guards should not be there already. guards should not be call by NPC all the time When your grey.

Only PLAYER SHOULD BE ABLE TO CALL GUARDS. NPC IF YOU ATAK THEM

now that suck you get guards waked all the time that is so stuipid.
Yes guards shouldnt be allowed to be called from NPC unless you attack them. Same with players they shouldnt be allowed to call guards unless you attack them.
I agree. I remember guards very different in sphere.
I dont mind. only a new macro more for saying guards or Guards kill tha ***** or Guards kill the ****. things like that
Shar Wrote:Yes guards shouldnt be allowed to be called from NPC unless you attack them. Same with players they shouldnt be allowed to call guards unless you attack them.

.. or if the person you want to call guards on happens to be red Wink

This is however an issue that have both good and bad sides to it, no matter how we put it.

Lets think about it like this: if some gangster comes to the town and starts beating up innocent people - then it would make perfect sense that everybody seeing that should be allowed to call for the police to help the poor guy being beat up - after all he was innocent, right? (too bad most people in the real world would rather "look away" than help the poor guy).

Another reason why it is this way - if we get back into the world of UO - is most likely because otherwise AFK-macroers would get killed all the time in blue towns, unless they have an "guards!-macro" which pops out of their ass all the time, or as soon as they get hit, depending on how advanced their script is.

But at the same time I can see why it would be annoying to have it this way as well, mostly if you're the guy whose beating somebody up Wink

I think we should stay true to the Sphere-replica and make it the way it was at basic Sphere.

Regards,
Hate
Even though im with you Hate on this question i think that we should be alttile more open minded in other issues even though its spherish. Lets face it, sphere is a really unbalanced and buggy emu and if its not customized its not even playable by default.
Shar Wrote:Guards should chasse you and attack you instead of insta kill in like 2 secs

Ehm, I dont say it wouldn't be funny watching a bunch of reds across britain running from the guards but ... I think insta-kill is the way to go, rly.
Kreole Ragehead Wrote:Even though im with you Hate on this question i think that we should be alttile more open minded in other issues even though its spherish. Lets face it, sphere is a really unbalanced and buggy emu and if its not customized its not even playable by default.

We're just trying to give you the "feeling" that you're on an bugfree sphere emulator. We won't be adding bugs, just the feeling. It's not like we're adding cheatmacroing and stuff like that just because it was possible at sphere Wink The bugged stuff will have to go.

Regards,
Hate
Personally, I think the guards are fine the way they are but, once they leave town they should deal less damage than a 1 hit kill giving the evil a chance to survive if it was just an error but, if they stay in town they deserve to be g wacked. I just think its dumb when reds get guarded in red towns because someone portal a guard to a red town or you walk into a blue moongate and get back to the red town quick enough but the guard follows you and kills you.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
Well i understand that Hate hehe. I just meant that we could still have the sphere feeling even if we customize a few things back or forth which is possible in sphere aswell.
Kreole Ragehead Wrote:Well i understand that Hate hehe. I just meant that we could still have the sphere feeling even if we customize a few things back or forth which is possible in sphere aswell.

Yeah we will do that, I just think that regarding the guards-issue (since it wasn't really bugged) we could keep it the sphere-way, and still not have much problems with it. If it would be bugged or "bad" then I'd understand why we should change it around a bit :]

Scarecrow Wrote:Personally, I think the guards are fine the way they are but, once they leave town they should deal less damage than a 1 hit kill giving the evil a chance to survive if it was just an error but, if they stay in town they deserve to be g wacked. I just think its dumb when reds get guarded in red towns because someone portal a guard to a red town or you walk into a blue moongate and get back to the red town quick enough but the guard follows you and kills you.

Regards,

Scarecrow [Prototype].
I think that's a good suggestion. However I think that guards should only follow you for a limited amount of tiles after they leave the town, then return back to time if you managed to run fast enough to get away.

Also, about the "guards following you through portals, or if you recall away to a red towns" I've already added it to the bugtracker. It is pretty wrong in my eyes that guards actually follows you through gates or if you recall away to a red town. They are protectors of their town, not killers who teleporting after you to any part of the world just to get an kill on you ;p Anyways, that should be taken care of as soon as Taran has time to fix that flaw.

Regards,
Hate
Pages: 1 2