Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: PvP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey dudes,
i used to play on xuo/runxuo and i'm wondering what pvp is like on IN, since you unequip your hands on casting/using bandages.
Is it a lot different to xuo's pvp style?

cu in game!
The PvP here is quite different than it was on XUO. The biggest difference is that scrolls work as situational items instead of being the major part of PvP. Our scrolls are faster than casting and take less mana but do less damage/healing. We also have explosion/ebolt combo set up where it is most powerful on players with low armor ratings. This makes PvP almost require suiting up with some decent armor, as those two spell in particular will pretty much destroy anyone who isn't armored.

Also, players have some flexibility with their player's stats. Having a cap of 120 per stat with a 300 total stat cap allows players to focus on a build that suits their interests. This brings back dexxers to some extent without making mages less powerful. Building 120 strength and dex with 60 int will allow you to take down your opponents health fast with basic attacks while having just enough mana to finish them off with a spell. Going with 120 in both str and int would build a perfect ganking mage, where you would have plenty of mana to outcast any other builds. Those are just the two most likely builds, some people come up with varying builds to best suit their needs though.

Another factor is that there are special weapons that can do special attacks so to speak. For example, the Hell Halberd has a chance to crit which would cause bonus damage to be added very similar to the weapon itself casting a fireball on your opponent.

I just woke up so this might not be the greatest description but if you have any other questions just ask.
To be honest IN1's pvp was the best pvp ever because it implemented Weapons and the use of Magic. Most shards its strictly magic and trapping, whilst here its Weapon, Magic balanced. Bows are even very useful here unlike the other shards where bows are obselete. Imagine Nation did PVP the way it was meant to be. Which is why its such a desired shard by those of us who know it.
Amen.
Maktor D. Wrote:Amen.
I second that.
Agreed. Up until the point when they changed alot towards the end of the shard (items etc).. but at the beginning the pvp was great. (e.g. When Crows Nest Inn was really popular.. When I use to see people like Skull & Sven & Billy the Kid).. hehe

Khal
Imagine Nation PvP FTW!
Ever sins day One of UO - OSI back in 1997 there have never been a better PvP system then IN. We have been stuck with UO gamers - (Stand still + Cast) for over a year now and Im so fucing happy IN is back! AMEN!

This is Hate[FORSAKEN], Ill be running under my normal nick: MurderU this run!

See you ingame! Kal Vas Flam forever!

phobia

MurderU Wrote:Ever sins day One of UO - OSI back in 1997 there have never been a better PvP system then IN. We have been stuck with UO gamers - (Stand still + Cast) for over a year now and Im so fucing happy IN is back! AMEN!

This is Hate[FORSAKEN], Ill be running under my normal nick: MurderU this run!

See you ingame! Kal Vas Flam forever!
Ztoke?
No. Wrong player. Hate [Forsaken] Is from IN:R.