Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: GMs???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

XerXes

I was just wonderin if we had any gms on this shard that do anything other than quests or tourney's... i was out huntin and died in deciet tunnels where there are no rez ankhs or places to rez.. paged.. and there was a gm with 2 queued pages ahead of mine.. so i paged a few minutes later which the menu status said there was NO gm currently available.. now i lost all my stuff and cant even get out of this dungeon b/c i cant teleport out... now whats wrong with this situation??? either put some more rez ankhs or get some staff that help the players... now im stuck in this dungeon till i can use the stuck menu again... Rediculous
Its stupid, but its how it is, GM won`t teleport you out... he will say to to find your way out. And you cant use stuck feature in dungeon I think, you need to get out first.
ohh ya..and dont even think of suggesting to add pitrunes to the entrance of the dungeons cause that would be..what was it ? ah ..yeah ..carebear.

What happened to Xerxes has happened to me before ( back when i used to play ) and i find it totally retarded , not having either a high amount of rez ankhs placed all over the world or missing those godlike pitrunes wich could make hunting such a joyful experience , and not the crap that it is. I know it has nothing to do with the topic and i dont even play nowadays but since i like to contribute in my own way i must say that the hunting should be evolved into something more enjoyable and not sticking always to the whole " dragon hunting " thing. New monsters should be added, like new type of foes to face..big ones..kind of like..The Harrower and the champions of the dungeons ( was it champions? lol ) that were spawned after you killed a certain amount of the champion's minions in the same place until the " big boss" spawned and it required like more than ten people to kill and it would take a while ( all this was RunUO stuff ). There's no need to go directly for that and use the champions as they are ..but you got the idea..to add a new kind of hard -to-kill monsters that would require a decent amount of people to kill and could be spawned only a certain number of times a week.

Also , what about the new players to come? Do you really think they're going to try the shard as it is now by having to start from the scratch with literally NOTHING? not even a pair of skills or some cash to get started? hell no..besides the playerbase has dropped like shit so you might wanna reconsider this posibility if ya wanna get some fresh new players .

Now about the event hosting..i didnt play myself any tournament since this server went live , but as far as i know ( yeh i got my contacts on the inside :l ) there's basically one type of tournament being held over and over..now im asking..What about the CTF'S? Monster Bashes? and so on

Diversity is what this server needs..sticking to the routine will kill the server sooner than you expect..i mean..this is a freaking ten year old game wich graphically looks like shit and the only reason the players play this game nowadays its because they dont want their memories to go..they shared nice moments with people while playing this game..hell they been playing this crap for years..most of them started when they were whiny brats and now they are adult persons and some of them have jobs..some of them are married..some of them are still as retarded as when they started..but the thing is..time goes by and things and the people change so fast..

now ask yourself Developers , you want to keep this up? make it possible and start doing some changes . Ill give you a short list :

Hire 1 or 2 new dedicated and trustworthy developers who are willing to spend some time a week into scripting and get rid of the inactive/slacker/mentally challenged staff members.

Turn hunting into something more worth the players time. Some players make a living of the crafts and some of them earn their money by hunting ( and hunting the same thing the same way everyday can be a B-I-T-C-H) . This could be done by adding a totally new array of monsters to the world , adding some quests wich could reward some money, host a weekly monster bash where you face a different final boss every week..i dont know buddies..DIVERSITY..IF ya know what i mean..

Make the starting experience for the new commers alot easier..and dont anyone come to me with the typical bullshit like " OH It was so hard for me when i started even tho i had part of my skills back, why would i have to agree with new commers having a nice start now " . Being selfish leads you nowhere, thats a reality.

And finally..events events events..more diversity in the events for god sake..if all you can host are 1v1 and 1v1 rep's..just get the hell outta here. If you need more staff to host different type of tournaments im a hundred percent sure that there's still a bunch of trustworthy people out there who would be willing to spend some time into making us have a good time .

That was all for now . I hope my /cry ( wich is more like a suggestion ) didnt bother anyone at all.

cya *****es
Im pretty sure if u jus go ahead and read the signs. like (There are many exits dont page a gm.) and (ghost's can do things humans cant (aka walk through the wall to the gate out.....) hope that helps ya. otherwise theres always the trusty my character is stuck option. 2 minutes and ur in a town, and can recall back grab ur shit.
just read what drama said, it all made sense, and all the changes will benefit the server. hopefully the staff will read over this for the 10th time and maybe this 10th time will be just enough for them to realize that those changes are needed...

And for those of you who havent played with those changes, well they're successfull and should be implemented and you guys would like them.

by the way, I say we drop this whole "old sphere" exactly thing, when it comes to monsters/items/tamables/etc... and keep the "feel" the gumps, vendors, etc the same...

RUNUO features is what the generation of UO players are playing right now and they like some of the new features and creatures. more colored rides, more RUNUO monsters, MORE Tamables, MORE items, MORE giveaways (just a few to make some rarity), MORE decoration items in NEW events, Introduce NEW Armors, and make some extinct so they have value and are rare, MORE WEAPONS ( add the feature where each wep can be industructable, or some which can even be crafted with RUNUO features such as SILVER Hammer, GOLDEN Hammer, ETC) ETCCCC....

common guys, you have this in ur finger tips here, but your not adding the changes or theres not enough people to script... honestly it would be a shame if this went down because people just stopped caring except just a few and no one bothered to hire fresh devs..

bah, just pathetic.
Don't be silly, they spent over a year making this a sphere replica, of cause they are not gonna change it.

I like the whole sphere feeling. brings me back to the gold old days Smile
yea but the roleplaying feeling is dead...... all about pvp shit now
**** silverwold Big Grin
If you're out hunting, you're taking a risk. The risk is you may die and lose all your items. If you don't want to take this risk, then why do you even bother hunting?
I think the main problem is that we are spoilt. We all have played in shards that are very much easier and carebear than this shard, so we think we need more of everythink, but the fact is that this Sphere replica rules like no other Wink (Yeah, it needs more fixes, but it rules nowadays, and it is as hard as it was many years ago)
you know what people? everytime me or silverwolf or some other guy come up with GREAT suggestions they are quickly turned down by mostly people who come from IN.I was planning to come back if the situation got better but seeing how the vast majority of the people thinks i just give up and all i got to say is ..WHATEVER ..just let the shard die cause it looks like thats what you all want.

bye bye
We are hearing your guys, there will be changes Indeed, At this moment We the Staff are having a discussion about it. please be patient, theres no need to make a post everyday about it, we will make changes, implement and fix things but please i beg you wait a few more, maka,taran odium and the others and coming back from Holydays and things will get back on the road this month.

Please be patience and quit with that negativity some of you have, complaining and complaining leads to nothing. It is not so easy to find trustable and trustworthy People on which we can trust our scripts these days, but if theres anyone out there willing to give uss a hand feel free to contact Taran or Maka, we have our doors open.

About the runes to pits on dungeons it has been discussed many times and we have decided not to add them (unless we decide to put them one day)
Kyo Wrote:yea but the roleplaying feeling is dead...... all about pvp shit now
**** silverwold Big Grin

Yeah, but role-playing is stupid.
Pages: 1 2 3