Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Skill gain a lil too slow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Kev

Maybe I should have put this topic in the Suggestion fourm, but not many ppl read them, so I decided to put it here. I think the skill gain here is way to slow, at some point, it's slower than OSI. I magic arrowed myself all nite with 5k SA, I gained 2 points on magery, and 0 point on magic resist, how is a new player going to survive on this shard?, I know a lot ppl is probly gonna say if u dont like it then leave. but thats not my point. I think u guys should defintely speed things up a lot, I hate seeing a shard with 100+ players online and 90% of them are marcoing. maybe the dev can look into that

just my 2 cents Cool
I know what you try to say Kev, but the staff are trying to make a shard that will be up for long time, not a lil shard that you can gm everything in a week or so. I suggest you to mine alot so you can get money for magery, i can buy the iron from you. Its one of the best way of making money for begginers.
Since it seems you're new I'll let you in on something- you're right and wrong, yes alot of people say its slow(people make it a point of telling the gms this almost everyday i think) and you're wrong, I think alot of people read the other forums.
As far as resist goes- mine didnt go up from magic arrow once it reached 35 so I'm pretty sure thats how its set. Read the play guide forum for razor scripts and there should be one on magic resist somehwere.

Oh and the shard is still in beta- I'm sure someone else would have tried to flame you about that so now I've stolen their thunderBig Grin

Kev

if I could gm my skills on osi in a week, i dont see how this should be harder than OSI, I know mining makes money, but i dont have the time to mine, i Work 7 days a week, most of the time that i am on i am marcoing, I have to wake up early every morning to work, so i cant stay up to late, and i get off work at 11pm so there isn't really much time that i can spend. at the rate i am going, it will probly take me half a yr when i am all set to pvp. and hopfully the shard is still up Tongue
i agreee for u , for new players it sucks honeslty i woudent of played if i had to start over lol , i think staff shold really look into to this so more new players come .. mayb speed up skills from 0-65 or something n atleast give gm magery to all chars in game , i know some ppl will cry liek they always do about how much money they spent n stuff but really i think new players shud start with gm magery and atleast 3-5 skills at 75 that are not craft skills and mayb one craft at 65 so its somewut east for them n more fun for them to play
i started everything from scatch and i think the skills gain are good right now. i gmed magery all combat and blacksmith in less than 2 months. everything is fine please dont complain its too slow, if you dont like it go to your newbie shard pleaseSmile
Kev Wrote:if I could gm my skills on osi in a week, i dont see how this should be harder than OSI, I know mining makes money, but i dont have the time to mine, i Work 7 days a week, most of the time that i am on i am marcoing, I have to wake up early every morning to work, so i cant stay up to late, and i get off work at 11pm so there isn't really much time that i can spend. at the rate i am going, it will probly take me half a yr when i am all set to pvp. and hopfully the shard is still up Tongue

I dunno how OSI is now'a days, but you'd be lucky to get a 1k and some bone armor playing everyday on OSI when I played. Making faulty references to try to further your excuse of being lazy is a joke. This is a free server, I work over 48 hours a week, have 2 kids, and still find time to macro, and play a little on the weekends. I have over a 3k skill total, over 700k, a keep, a guild, among a bunch of other stuff. If you played on OSI you wouldn't be crying about time, that's unless OSI gives you a 7x 225 stone when you start, I'm doubting EA went that far.
Btw, I GM'ed magery in 4 days without mining, purely money from the newbie dungeon. I did however GM alchemy from mining.
OSI is awesome you can buy skills and everything Rolleyes

This isnt OSI nor is it an OSI clone so please dont compare it to it.... Some skills are slow for a reason and others arents, For magic resist check out the Razor Guide in the Guides forum, theres even a macro these for you Smile

Kev

Diabolical Wrote:I dunno how OSI is now'a days, but you'd be lucky to get a 1k and some bone armor playing everyday on OSI when I played. Making faulty references to try to further your excuse of being lazy is a joke. This is a free server, I work over 48 hours a week, have 2 kids, and still find time to macro, and play a little on the weekends. I have over a 3k skill total, over 700k, a keep, a guild, among a bunch of other stuff. If you played on OSI you wouldn't be crying about time, that's unless OSI gives you a 7x 225 stone when you start, I'm doubting EA went that far.

I played OSI for 2 yrs and I can ezily 7x within 2 weeks, u work over 48 hours a week, i work over 70 hours a week, u've got over 700k a keep and a guild, i bet u got those from character transfer, becuz there is no way that u make that much money if u start from scratch, correct me if i am wrong.
Kev Wrote:I played OSI for 2 yrs and I can ezily 7x within 2 weeks, u work over 48 hours a week, i work over 70 hours a week, u've got over 700k a keep and a guild, i bet u got those from character transfer, becuz there is no way that u make that much money if u start from scratch, correct me if i am wrong.

Just because you work alot does not mean that you cannot macro during that time. The times that you are not working you will need to make some money and mining or the newbie dungeon is a good way to start. Once you get your magery, combats, or music skills up it is easy to make money. If you find yourself lacking resources to macro magery or comabts while you are at work, macro provocation or peacemaking. With these skills and mediocre magery and healing you can make money quickly.

I can tell you from when I played OSI it took forever to gain skills. I know it has changed a lot since then and all but really, isn't that why most people left? OSI is for people who want no challenge and just want to horde items from what I understand.

Here we have a balance. Some people will disagree with it, that cannot be helped, but it is in place for a reason. Another thing to keep in mind is that you can gm everything on one character so you do not have to choose a specific build. Because of this the skill gains must be harder. Also by having a harder skill gain, it can inspire a player run economy. Granted the shard is still in beta and some economical issues are still being balanced.

Anyway, it would be nice to have another new addition to INX but I can tell you that the skill gains have been agreed on and that there will not be anymore changes, well a 99% chance there won't be. I hope you stay and try it out, don't get discouraged just because a little work is needed to be put into your character. With extra effort it allows for greater rewards. It is much more gratifying when you gm a skill that only a few others have mastered. Unlike OSI... where everyone has gm everything on one character or another.
Lock this dumb topic, always complaining.
Pages: 1 2