Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Abuse after someone dies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I understand this shard is not supposed to be carebear and is "hardcore" but I seriously think there needs to be a limit on what can and can't be done. It is one thing to kill someone, res them and kill them again, they can run away or something. It's another to do the following BS. This did not happen to me but a friend. He went to fire dungeon (not sure why, no rune) was pked. Fine fair enough, not a big deal there, but the guys/gals ressed him, paraed him and then invissed him and left him there. Someone, please tell me the freakin point in that? There is seriously no reason to grief someone.

I don't care if other people have opinions on this, "This is not f***ing carebear!!1!/1/1" blah blah blah. But this type of shit is what makes players leave. "It's only a game" Yeah, but some people really enjoy this game. You can't tell me that everyone on this shard has played another game and has not been pissed at it, whether they died in a sucky spot, or forgot to save, etc. There is a reason you are all hear playing a game that is almost as old as my little brother...

I know this is beta, but if the staff/owner/administrators are serious about this shard, I think they should HEAVILY consider the mindset and maturity of those that play here. It could make/break a shard.

Galens

If only it happened inside a town, then it is considered harassment, but outside of town, its the pvp side of the law. It is completely legal, the person does have the option of not going into war mode when dead, or can use the stuck feature to leave them. :/ Although I tried to use the stuck feature to get away from a child, but sadly he followed me and continued the relentless expression of 12 year old habbits. :'( You have to realize, you are in a shard with half children, and half mature people, the pkers are MOSTLY(not all) children.

I just ended up ignoring him and went to do something else while he stood there for an HOUR, yes thats right, and hour! hahahaa thats... wow... YOu can see how ridiculous it is. The best way to rid yourself of these people is to treat them like the indians did their outcasts, pretend they never existed. There is plenty of time left in the universe, 5 minutes, or 1 hour being stuck won't kill ya Smile
I don't care too much about the legality of it all. I'm just simply saying it's BS. What do players get out of Griefing random players? Nothing? I believe the person who had this done to them was told they'd res. Which isn't uncommon. I res people when I kill them. It's nice, but I dont para and invis. That's just BS.
Well i do not support this kind of behaviour but the worst someone can do to u is to kill u res para "box" u in and kill u. And there u are and cant move untill the boxes decays... Have happend to me on Nos or if it was XUO cant remember also another favorite is to gate someone to a 2 tile big island somewhere. Also happend to me on Nos when i was a newb Tongue
Best advice.. for a situation such as this.. instead of taking your frustration further by staying, log off.. and let time eat it away you can expect these kinds of things to happen normally considering what ive seen on the forums from people like Smoke and Elcid..kids.. *shakes head*

Otherwise personal opinion dont travel alone outside town unless you have no other choice..120 people on at night.. someones might be lurking in your area..if you do.. expect this to happen.. infact expect the worst to happen.

If you must/wish to go adventuring.. travel light.. and port into town bank your loot. Little to lose.. all that more to gain.
if u dont want to be reskilled and those things just dont be at war mode and go to the nearest city to get resources and kill the guy, its quite simple.

If u ress its on ur own fault, because imagine that i kill u... and im looting you i dont want that u take things from ur body... its quite logical. So if u come to your body u will die.

Wink see you
Oi, I am not talking about going and ressing and coming back. I'm talking about someone ressing you out of what you believe to be good faith then being para and invised to stay there.

It's sad that so many people say, Just don't go and res. Yeah, no shit... it's the point that there are people on this shard that would grief players like this for no reason. This wasnt me who had this done to them, but I still think it is very wrong.
Dotjr Wrote:Fine fair enough, not a big deal there, but the guys/gals ressed him, paraed him and then invissed him and left him there. Someone, please tell me the freakin point in that? There is seriously no reason to grief someone.

That's pretty ****in lame of them. I'm still undecided if it should be allowed or not, but its bullshit for the player who died to have to wait to be able to go walk an hour to get ressed and back to civilization.
I don't care whether it should be allowed or not, I just want staff to be aware that they have some *******s on this shard. I don't mean *******s that kill you all the time and steal your shit, I mean *******s that do stupid shit like that for shits and giggles.
Are there any shards with >10 players that have a douchebag population of zero? **** no.

I'm sure the staff knows this too.
now that we're all aware that there are people like this- don't trust anyone to rez u out of the goodness of their heartBig Grin
Can't trust anyone *hides in corner*Big Grin
Pages: 1 2