Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: A short list of commands for INX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People ask about command functions countless times. I feel I should post a thread about this as it would help ease a lot of questions. I am unfamiliar with certain player commands, as I have not encountered them on my mortal as of yet. Here is a short list of commands I do know currently, and please, feel free to add on to the list. No Spamming and no out of topic posts please. This is for the help of others.

House commands

Key = Magic item of doom

You use your key several ways in a house.
  • Double clicking your key and selecting your key with the target reticle, allows you to rename your key to whatever you wish.
  • Double clicking your key also allows you to lock down/secure items in your home.(Do not get comfortable with this, it is going to be disabled)
  • Double clicking your key also allows you to lock your doors.

Key on Keyring.

Keys on a keyring do not allow you to unlock items you have secured. Some people it (Might) work, but I have had a fair amount of pages claiming this function does not work. BUT You can lock down items with the key attached to the keyring.

To get a key off of a keyring, double click the keyring and use the target reticle on it.

House commands

None/Disabled

House Sign Commands

You have a fair amount of options when you double click the sign outside your house/structure. The gump is self explanatory.

Warning: Redeeding a home with items inside will destroy the items. There is no way to get them back whatsoever. We will NOT replace them.

Ship Commands

A ship has several handy commands used in order to sail and redeed.

The commands for sailing are as follows...
  • Forward [SIZE="2"](Foward spoken twice increases the sailing speed, but only double speed max)[/SIZE]
  • Back
  • Left
  • Right
  • Turn Left
  • Turn Right
  • Raise Anchor
  • Drop Anchor

Now.. Remember, you must raise the anchor before you sail of course! ^_^

To rename the ship, you must be on the boat, and double click the tillerman( I think thats it, OR you must use your key on him)

To redeed a ship, make sure you drop the anchor, the hull is not overweight and you are off the boat. Then double click the tillerman, and you recieve a tiny toy boat as a deed.

If you die on your boat, you are able to steer it still. So do not use the stuck command if you die on a boat.

DO NOT mark runes on a boat. This is not safe, as you will not be able to return to that area.

Please PLEASE remember to lock your house and boats. As anyone that boards your ship, may steer it with the above commands.

ANIMALS

Animals have an array of commands useful to the user.

The commands for controlling an animal have two settings
ALL and (Name)

Example: All come
Example: Horse come or Llama come

The commands are as follows, remember to put all or the creatures name in front of these commands...
  • come
  • stay
  • kill
  • follow
  • release
  • transfer

There are two more commands used for animals, those are used at the shelter.

Go to the animal vendor and say
  • Stable
  • Claim

This will allow you to stable or claim a pet for future use.

User commands
  • .on

The .on command is used to check whether certain players are online. You can also use a private messaging system when using this command.

When the gump arrives, scroll till you find the individual you wish to speak with and/or check for online status. Click their arrow and type in your message into the gump. Click the button and boom. PM.

Now one thing to take into consideration when using the .on feature. The messages you send and/or recieve are not recieved in your journal. They appear in the bottom left corner of the screen. So do consider being somewhere quiet away from the riot. ^_^

• STUCK command

The stuck command is a very handy feature incase you are stuck or lost.
Now take into consideration aswell, when you use this feature, you are limited to its use so many times in one week. So be careful and use it ONLY when absolutely needed.

To use the stuck feature, open up your paper doll.

Default command is ALT + P
Or you can find it on the top of the screen in a little rollout gump.

Click the help option and select the second option for (MY character is physically stuck)

This will then give you a notice on the bottom of the screen for a two minute pause before initiation.

NOTE: You will be completely frozen when enabling this command. So make sure you are safe before you do this command, as you will surely die if in the heat of battle. ^_^

Vendor Commands

You can do this two ways. Either stand near the vendor, OR use their name with these commands
  • Buy
  • Sell

Vendor Training Commands

To have a vendor teach you a skill, you must use their name with the command.

Example: Ronny Train

(I can teach you several things blah blah archery blah blah)

Then say... "Ronny Train Archery"

You then get a request for gold for the lesson. But be fast, because there is a timer before he loses interest, and you don't want to give away all your gold ^_^

Player Vendor Commands

• Vendor Name Buy

(make sure their inventory is open)

You do not need to bring gold with you, but you must have an adequate amount of gold for your purchase.

When you say the command, you recieve a target reticle, select the item you wish to purchase, and BOOM. Item is yours.
  • Vendor Name Collect

You will then be asked an amount, enter the amount of gold you wish to withdrawl from his account

Less than 5000gp will appear as a pile of gold in your bank... more than 5000gp will appear as a bank cheque.
  • Vendor Name Dismiss

This will fire the Vendor, you cannot dismiss a vendor if he still has items in his inventory.

After he is dismissed a backpack with his clothing will appear on the ground below him.
<vendor name> collect lets you collect money that your vendor is holding for you. After that, the vendor will ask you to input an amount you wish to collect, which will then be moved into your bank.
Should make a sticky out of this. Good job Hawk.
Nice post... need to formatt it to make it a little more... display friendly Tongue
Edited the post so it can be viewed a little easier.

Also added some more player vender commands.
I will add this to the website when I get the chance, thanks!
ye thanks, forgot about some of those. Good Post :icon_twisted:
How many times a week can you use the stuck feature? I ask this because I live on an island...and you cant unlock your boat when dead ; \

Gotta get that Magery macro 100% deathproof still =P