Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Weapon Damage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ill test it out in a few hours when im done seeing my friends. i'll get on it, no worries. extreme weapon damage is no good
smoke Wrote:pvp is ours dont even try to cry about it we dont go in the post's you make and say ohh the "in world" is gay the loot is blah blah no we dont do that so respect our posts.

pvp is ours? what does that mean? am i not a part of that pvp aswell?

an what do you mean by "in world"? the world looks just like every other shard out there.. seriously it looks more like xuo world becouse of the pits... dont start that shit..
I don't think the problem is so much extreme weapon damage, as it is extreme armor ineffectiveness. When I'm in a full suit I should absorb much much more than when I'm naked. I think two or three good hits from a bard should kill a naked noob, but should only take around half health against someone wearing armor.

Also, why do the different types of weapons have to be so unbalanced? What is the point of having shitloads of different types of weapons in the game if there are only one or two worth using? I don't want to like hand out assignments or whatever, but someone should really go through the tables, and adjust the speed and damage on all of them. For example, the executioners axe and the double axe... I think I would rather have a normal bardiche than a double axe of vanq. Also most fencing and macing weaps are pretty much useless compared to the bard and battle axe. I guess it's not so bad if one weap outshines the other ones by a small margin, but the way it is now makes any weap that's not a bard, obsolete.
Check out my thread in Suggestions.

+1 to you.
Kano Wrote:I don't think the problem is so much extreme weapon damage, as it is extreme armor ineffectiveness.

That pretty much sums it up
Quote:Also, why do the different types of weapons have to be so unbalanced? What is the point of having shitloads of different types of weapons in the game if there are only one or two worth using?

Agreed.
Some years ago me and a friend balanced the weapons based on D&D rules and they worked pretty well against magery and all.

The type of weapon also add special automatic habilities like axes having critical strikes, swords doing parrying, etc..

If you guys want to check the values of speed and damage, to have an idea say something and I'll look for it Smile maybe they're useful
Please make armor more efficient, i truly believe that is the problem now i think about it. And like i have said before, why is there like a 1-2 armor difference between each set of better armor. Theres really no point of pvping in the best armor, because it gives u about 10 more armor then mid grade shit, which is wacked imo.
Bane Wrote:That pretty much sums it up

could be.
ScareCrow Wrote:weap damage is EXTREMLY high! i was dueling today n got hit maybe 6 times in a row all near 75 damage with a bard and i was wearing armor.. please balance weapon damage Confused

Then wear "better" armor chump, its there not for nothing.
It is definately one of the two. However it does seem that the gap between vanq and normal / ruin is pretty narrow. A normal bardiche / hally should crit at like 20-25 damage with iron armor (~30). We shouldnt be seeing these 70+ HP crits with 30 AR until we start using vanq weapons.
Lindenwood Wrote:It is definately one of the two. However it does seem that the gap between vanq and normal / ruin is pretty narrow. A normal bardiche / hally should crit at like 20-25 damage with iron armor (~30). We shouldnt be seeing these 70+ HP crits with 30 AR until we start using vanq weapons.

yes.
Pages: 1 2 3