Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: How many players....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I was an old IN and IN:R player (from way back) and I recently heard about this shard. Been having cravings to play uo for months now..

How many players are generally online here? I'm looking for a good 51a shard. Hard to find these days.

Regards,

Khal Drogo (Not my originally name)
Welcome Khal. I hope you decide to come join us, as it would be great to have another INer join us.

As for our playerbase, basically we haven't really been advertising just yet as we want to make sure all the kinks are worked out before hand, so we don't have that many players at this time. On average we have just over 20 and have peaked at 38. Advertising will likely start around or slightly after the first week of May so we should start drawing in more players around that time. So now would be a good time to get started and get a head-start beforehand.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need help getting started.
Thanks for the reply. Appreciate your assistance.

Are you assisting new players with skills boosts? or is everyone starting from scratch. The only thing I am affraid of is training a character (Which can take weeks to do).. and for the server to not have any players or go down completely. I know you will say this won't happen but so did all other 10 shards I played on (Which I'm sure most people will agree).

Anyways.. I'm trying to log on now.. I'll have a look around.

Regards,

KD
Can I just confirm one thing..

One i install Mondains Legacy.. Do i then run the inpatcher?.. and then it should be ready to rock and rumble? or am I doing it all wrong?

I've installed and reinstalled uo so many times trying to get this to work.. No download section on the site yet.. makes it a little difficult I must say.
As for getting started, combats are very simple and to get a character ready for fighting or basic hunting only takes a couple days, based on the time you have to invest. Starting out, you get to pick 4 skills instead of the typical starting skills and based on what skills you pick, the skill points received range from 55 to 100. We also have quests that award skill points as well as having a very nice training grounds to help you get started.

Following Eru's guide is the best option to get started.
Here's a basic summary of how to connect though
1. Download UO here
2. Patch to 6.0.4.0 - most stable client in my opinion
3. Download the INPatcher
4. Run the patcher, making sure that the datapaths are set correctly.
5. Download Razor to login - not necessary but recommended.
6. Enter the server information into Razor - imaginenation.dyndns.org port 2593
7. Create your character - skill choices on creation don't matter as you will be prompted on login with a gump to pick what you want.
I keep getting this message;

"failed to open 'map1.mul' from HD using a maximum install"

any idea why this message is coming up! Sad
Try running the patcher a second time or simply extract this into your UO folder.
downloading now.. hope this works.. I tried running the patcher several times over.. nothing seems to be working.. Why do I always find the initial installation of ultima online hard? hahaha Thanks for your help.. Do you have msn should I encounter anymore difficulty? So I don't need to wait for a reply on the forums?
The manual patch should work just fine, just make sure UO isn't open while extracting the files into the folder. I know Eru was redoing something on the patcher last night so that may be the reason you encountered a problem as he may not have finished yet.

Setting up UO for private shards is always a pain though. I'll be adding the shard to ConnectUO soon to hopefully make connecting much easier. It hasn't been done yet because we have been tweaking a lot of custom files and I want to make sure the majority of that is finished beforehand.

Also, check your PMs.
Just posting this here for future reference. If anyone ever has the map error you can download this file as a fix.
Hail Khal and well met. Indeed there is always the fear of a server shutting down, but these guys are pretty determined to make this work. This shard has everything it takes to become great like the old IN1. The combat skills are relatively easy and you should have no problem getting them up for there are trainers you can macro on which is very nice for these didn't exist in my day. The merchant skills are hard but for good reason. I had the same fears as you starting here again but I've managed to suck up and begin putting my time in. Basically now is the time you need to train you skills for it will not be when the player base begins to grow. I hope you stay and tell your friends to come and join us! If you have any questions my email is [email protected]. Hope to cya in game.

Halo (Daemon)