Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Fire Ball Scrolls ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
k well, i just wasted a ton of money making fire ball scrolls... go to sell 700 of them and realize they went from 12gp to 4... umm i hope this is a joke lol.. or like a mistake.. i understand you can't keep it at 12.. cuz that would be making profit ^^ but at least up it... 4 gp is penuts.. if you create and sell on a market, the selling price should be more than the amount purchased for the utensils to create the item Big Grin
You shouldent make a profit training such a important skill.
I sugest you try and look at alchemy, now talk about not making a profit while training, a lesser pot of any kind, sells for less than a empty bottle costs to buy.
So i say it's a good change.
Yeah it should hurt your bank account to train inscription. If anything it should be more of a financial burden then alchemy.
Also just started to wonder while i was in the shower, why you and the other scribes did't report this to the staff before now.
It's should hopefully be prety clear to evryone that the rules of AFK gathering are made this way so no one can make a profit macroing afk. Clearely makeing firball scrolls while sleeping, then waking up the next day x amount richer in gold, but no risk of facing a afk anti macro gump ain't right.

maka

Shadok Wrote:Also just started to wonder while i was in the shower, why you and the other scribes did't report this to the staff before now.
It's should hopefully be prety clear to evryone that the rules of AFK gathering are made this way so no one can make a profit macroing afk. Clearely makeing firball scrolls while sleeping, then waking up the next day x amount richer in gold, but no risk of facing a afk anti macro gump ain't right.

I wish that people would have reported these kind of things, same with alchy, but when people make a profit they just don't. It is also hard to punish people as the definition of a bug is not fully clear here, personally, I would want to take the "lower skill" approach. Don't feel like I can do that though, as I'm sure that a lot of people really do not understand that this is a bug.
Aye i agree that there ain't anything that can be done about it now. Starting a witch hunt to nuke gold on scribes accounts etc won't help anything except upset peopel. As far as i rember that happend on IN:R in the beta stage, well there were several huge money making bugs. That mad ALOT of peopel rich in a weeks time and the skill gain was insanely fast too, that ended up in a server nuke. Defently no reason for that now.
But as long as the selling price have been changed it should be alright in the future.

maka

The bugs were not bad at all from a money training perspective. I think that you got about 1gp/10 secs, which isn't all that much. Was just the fact that you could train scribe for "free". At least I do not think that to many people gained from this bug, some of them were even killed in town while macroing.
I noticed it and didn't report it. I honestly thought it was supposed to be that way to make it easy to train, since scrolls are such a big part of PvP here.

*edit*

BTW, I think if you are going to do this, you should make it so magery can be trained with scrolls. If each scroll is worth 4 GP, then why not? It is not like it would then be "free" to train magery. It would be exactly like training magery at the same time as inscription (where you would otherwise be selling the scrolls to buy regs, you can now just use the scrolls themselves).