Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Donation issue...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Rodman

You guys want ppl to donate... give them something back in game and they will donate i will be the first one. I know you guys do it on your own time and we can play free, but its free too to give something in game so. I Play on UOgamers Hybrid and it work fine so..

Give something valuable like a blessed ride... i am sur you can think of something
No.

If they still need cash next week I will contribute but I don't expect anything in return.

They give us this shard and give us their time when they work on it. That is plenty.
Ya go to hybrid if u want Ethereal mounts. And whacked pvp.

maka

I think that a lot of free shards are becoming "pay to play" shards, at least through the donation concept. I would not call it selling out, but I think that it is getting there.

If they cannot keep the shard alive without donations, and if the people do not donate without item rewards, then that's fine. You do what you have to do to keep the server up and running, it is just that a lot of people make GOOD money on it, Abyss being one server. The game play there is even tweaked in such a way that you cannot play without actually donating.

I do not know the issue with UOG, but it just seems that they are getting a lil bit more money than to pay the server costs. It's understandable though, they made RunUO possible and put in more hours than any of us will probably do, so it is more of their "job", even if it's a hobby thing.

INX will try to stay away from becoming a pay to play shard, and we will rather plead to the player base on the few occasions that we need donations, rather than putting up a reward system.
Playing on this shard should be reward enough....Mr. greedy!

Rodman

i understand you, but i didnt say to give big thing juste something back to thanks ppl donationg that all. The blessed ride was an exemple Rolleyes
ye the blessed ride was WAY overbored lol.. kinda caught me by surprise too, naa yo, i think that they put tonsa work on this shard and we should all appreciate it without greed.

Rodman

anyway anyone can have a different tought about it.
Maybe a small statue to put outside/inside your house that says "I'm Down with the Nation" or "I Donate" or something.

I think your right about something to say thankyou, but it has to be something small and centimental... not something like an etheral mount.
Whats the best type of nation!? A Donation!
lol... fred that was so corny it worked. But yea, at first i was like "No no no no, Donating for items, horses, anything. I really don't think i could play on a server that lets you pay to "Get ahead" . But Elcid's idea about Donating and getting "eye candy"... somthing that won't make a difference... now thats somthing to consider. Believe it or not, alot of people ( Like me) are whores for eye candy, and I know somthing like that would bring in a good % more of donations.
Yeah I would hate to see this be a server where players get an advantage by donating though. I can't argue with statues or something along that nature as long as it has nothing to do with gameplay. The only reason I don't like it is because people start pming about "special features" in exchange for donations. I used to staff on a shard where a few specific players donated in exchange for special treatments. Though this shard offered rewards for donating, since these few players offered a substantial amount more they were given custom homes in green acres, countless gold, and in the end tweaked weps.
So if this is something that comes into play I hope that no such thing ever takes place and it is kept under control.
Pages: 1 2 3