Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: RP Items difficult? I think not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jerek. Players can watch out and take screenshots if they wish. But not everyone will take screenshots. I am there to make sure when you people are not around the individual at the time, that not law is broken. The trial period is to show you have the ability to obtain the rp item. The rest of your time spent on this shard shows you can keep it, IF you follow the Rp law. Acting like one thing for 2 weeks is one thing, acting like something for months upon years is another. Besides, most of the people I stalk during their trial period are afk macroing. So that defeats the purpose of not stalking them afterwards. If you truely want your RP items, you will follow the law forever.

There are a few exceptions to this law.

You can use (OOC) in your text messages in public. But it must be clear either at the beginning and end of conversation, or in every message you send it must contain (OOC)

You can speak freely amongst guild members of your own guild without worrying about being stripped of rp items. (As long as you are alone away from public, or in your guild house. Because truly, in reality, you cannot hear through stone walls. But, this rule only applies to guild houses. You CANNOT do this with members of another guild, unless it is strictly private. In which case, you can use the party chat system.)

If you are in an RP guild. All members must abide by this law. Any member not obeying the RP law will have the entire guild stripped of rp items, UNLESS the guild master takes action against this member. (You must kick them out of the guild, or lose all RP items for that guild)

Role playing is a serious matter. I enjoy roleplaying to its fullest.(When I have time to play on my mortal) If you do not see eye to eye with these rules. Then perhaps you could do several things to get around this.

You COULD have someone special dye items, or your noobied clothes to a certain color for your role play. Though you will lose the name change, you can still have the special color, if you can find a player with it. Then you can role play when you want and how you want without me stripping you of it. Its not imperative that you need a name change for an item to RP, but it does add a nice eye candy effect to the situation.

This law is only for serious role players who want to go the distance to obtain items that NO ONE else can have unless they can go the distance. I know this sounds a little...Weird, but, Roleplay to us, is like... transmission is to engine.

RP Police is not a joke. It is merely an individual watching out for the true role players. It separates the weeds from the flowers. Besides, stalking? Heh, you don't even know I'm there.

Valas, being silent is Role playing. Nothing against it. As long as you follow those rules. You will be fine.

Again, I have nothing against people being silent.
I believe that if policing the roleplaying behaviour of the owners of such items require so much time from the staff, giving them to anyone should be reconsidered for the time being. Right now it seems some people want those items so they can wear flashy stuff, without the need to work on their tailoring, or some other skills that come with an itemized reward. I am aware that many of you have very little experience with roleplaying, even though there is a difference between people who try for the first time and sometimes fumble, and the ones that outright abuse the system.

Player-based roleplay policing will - in my opinon - only lead to false accusations and griefing ( " U POSTED SKRENSHOT ILL RESKILLU EVERI TIME UR OUT OF GURDS" ). If you can't trust the players not to abuse the roleplay items, can you trust they won't abuse posting screenshots to try to strip thier in-game enemies of thier treasured roleplaying items?

Mayhaps making it jailable offense to intentionally abuse the roleplay-items-system would help with some people, though it might be too harsh a punishment to others. But how things are right now is not good, and there must be a solution that doesn't require multiple staff members concentrating only on this matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6