Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tonight was the first IN-X Tournament (I recorded the whole thing, Ill upload later tonight or tomorow) and I figured something, it was really fun but really slow.

Would there be a way to make a lagless tournament arena with more than 4 battle areas?

I also figured that GM had to pull/res/refresh players, from what ive seen, this doesnt look really professional, the devs on this shard seem to be really good at coding since coding a replica of sphere on a run uo server should not be easy. Wouldnt it be easier for us (players) and staff members if the devs would script a tournament system? Lets say..

You double-click a tournament sign book to sign up.
When clicking the book, you see what kind of tournament it is and what are the rules
When clicking the book, you see how long left til the tournament starts.
Once the tournament started, when you click on the book (Or whatever it would be) you would see who you are against and once its your turn, you would be insta teleported in the battle area, when you die, you get resed and teleported in another place.

Wouldnt it be better? This way, staff members wouldnt have to really interfer with the tournament and it would go way faster.
I dont know which kind of tournament was hosted but we do have automated systems in place that take care of ressing, resuiting etc. Not for all tournaments though.

And about lag, you can use the command .battlefocus to filter out anything that's not in your LOS. Plus the arenas are frozen so it won't lag you unless you have a really slow computer.

smoke

there .battlefocus comes off in like 1 min after you put it on and it lags again i think we should ask maka for the one that we had on xuo where we could see the players and not what they type to reduce the lag it was perfectly fine and effective Smile and there was no problems

maka

smoke Wrote:there .battlefocus comes off in like 1 min after you put it on and it lags again i think we should ask maka for the one that we had on xuo where we could see the players and not what they type to reduce the lag it was perfectly fine and effective Smile and there was no problems

This one filter outs A LOT more than the old one does, so I rather fix this one so that it works. I just need some input on whats wrong so that I can fix it.
I think he was saying that it turns off after like a minute, which would obviously be bad in the middle of a fight.
People kept crashing using .bf