Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: The return to Magincia, introducing Nikita
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nikita

[my first attempt at RP/storywriting, the events taking place in this story are based on events that actually happened in game]

The return to Magincia

During a rainy evening in Magincia, Nikita was sitting alone, bored in her palace, brushing the dust off her many Elven Bows.
Life had not always been as boring as today for Nikita. Growing up in a royal household, she couldn't help but be involved in the many problems that her parents had, ruling over Magincia. Magincia was no town like any town. Magincia was one of the last Anarchist towns in the world of Brittannia, with no policing or guards to settle disputes and keep order. Even though this in itself was something the Magincians were proud of, this system also led to problems in the city. In case of fights or gang-wars, Nikitas parents had to arrange for strong magicians from Moonglow to aid them in sweeping the town clean and restore order.
The more criminals and thugs found their way to Magincia, the more challenging it became to restore order at times. Many lives of councilmembers of the Moonglow Magicians were lost in the many sweeps that were required to keep Magincia safe from escalation and war. One day the moonglow Magicians council decided the burden of keeping Magincia safe was too much, and they cut off all help.

Several days after this, Nikitas parents received reports of what appeared to be an innocent argument between a vendor from the mageshop, and a customer. Expecting nothing more than a simple argument, they took their daughter Nikita along, who was 14 years old at the time, and went to the mage-shop on their Llamas.(the royal family of Magincia was known back then for their excellent skills in riding llamas, noone was as fast as Queen Isabel, Nikitas mother, some say...)
As they arived, they found the mage shop empty. Surprised they walked inside, and went up the stairs to the second floor of the mage shop. As they arived upstairs they heard the soft sound of many footsteps from downstairs, echo between the walls of the big building.
Queen Isabel: "Do you hear that Henry?, I hear footsteps."
King Henry: "Indeed, something strange is going on here. You should stay upstairs with Nikita, while I find out what is going on."
Queen Isabel: "Okay"

As King Henry walked down the stairs and saw what was there, his hope died...
Blocking the doorway was a big group of black-robed magicians, led by the man that King Henry hoped never to see again, his brother Argel.
King Henry: "Argel. What are you doing here?!"

Argel stared at King Henry with an evil smile on his face, saying nothing.

King Henry: "I banished you from this town years ago, do you not remember? Your jealousy and crave for power nearly cost the lives of 3 moonglow magicians."
Argel: "Hmmmm indeed. I was glad to hear that ridiculous council is no longer interfering with my town."
King Henry: "I beg your pardon? YOUR town? Our parents were right when they found you to be incapable of ruling over Magincia. This is lawfully MY town."
Argel: "I'm terribly sorry brother, I wish you would cooperate and not force me to do things that hurt me."
King Henry: "Leave this town NOW Argel, I command you!"
Argel: "It seems like you leave me no choice."

A barely noticable gesture towards the black-robed magicians was all the magicians needed to start casting their fire-spells in the direction of King Henry. At this point King Henry realized there was no chance for him to survive this coward attempt on his life. As his legs burned away under him, he desperately did the last thing he could think of, cast the most powerful spell he knew. The spell was taught to him when the mages of moonglow shut off their aid to Magincia, and was only to be used in the most extreme emergencies.

King Henry: "Vas Corp Flam Ylem Flam....AAAAAAAH!"

As flames found their way around and through King Henry, his magic unleashed amidst the black-robed magicians. A vortex made of flames spawned in between of the black-robed magicians. Without even realizing what was happening, the first few mages were consumed by the extreme heat, radiating from the Fire Vortex. Desperate attempts by the mages to dispel the Fire Vortex failed, as Fire Vortexes are immune to most magic.

The sounds coming from downstairs were so horrible, that Queen Isabel and Nikita let go of their fear, and ran down the stairs. As Queen Isabel saw the crown on the ground, and the charred remains of her husband, she instantly realized what had happened. Too busy to pay attention to them, Argel and his mages were still fighting for their lives, healing and trying to get away from the extremely dangerous creature blocking the only way out of the mage shop.
With their backs towards Queen Isabel and Nikita, Argel and his mages didn't see that the Queen and her daughter were looking at them with hateful eyes, filled with tears. For a moment time stood still for Nikita. Her father was dead. Burned. These people had burned her father.
After a few seconds, as surprise became fury, mother and daughter unleashed their anger upon Argel and the Mages, in the form of an array of Fireballs, empowered by the hate that Queen Isabel and Nikita felt.
Too late to defend against the impact of so many fireballs coming from all directions, the second group of mages burned to their death. Only one mage and Argel were still standing at this point.

Queen Isabel: "YOU! WILL DIE SCREAMING!"

With a shocking bang, Argels feet exploded under his legs, as fireballs from Queen Isabel and Nikita hit them. Yelling in agony Argus fell on his back towards the fire vortex. The last thing in his mind was regret. Regret for not hiring much more mercenary mages to take over Magincia.
The Fire Vortex burned through Argus and the last mage, and just as it was about to make its way towards Queen Isabel and Nikita, it vanished into thin air.

After the funeral of her husband, Queen Isabel changed. She became paranoid, and ruled over magincia with an iron fist. Anyone disagreeing with her from this point on could either leave Magincia or face her and her daughter. Not many dared, but those that did, did not live to tell what exactly had happened to them.
Many vendors left Magincia, and those that didn't, stayed in their houses and shops as much as possible, scared to anger the queen in whatever way possible.

On the day Nikita turned 16, two years after the death of her father, Queen Isabel disappeared without a trace. Nikita, disliked and feared by Magincians, and still young, was unwilling to stay in Magincia at that point. She left to Brittain and lived there for one year.
After this year she decided she would return to Magincia and claim the crown, presuming her mother would never come back.

And here she was, back in her birthtown. Most magincians didn't even know she was back yet, she had just arived a week ago. It allready felt like she had been back for years.

Why are most people so weak and boring, she thought. She had faced several attacks of villains in her journey back to Magincia, but none of them had been able to survive their mistake. A strange kind of joy filled Nikita as she fought and killed those that attacked her. A side of her she wanted to explore further...

She decided to recall to fire Island, one of the former magery training grounds for Nikita and her Mother.
Having arived there, she noticed a new building on the Island. A house and a guildstone of the guild Saints were placed on the location where Nikita and her Mother used to sit and picknick after a long day of training their arcane skills on fire creatures.
A sudden anger flared up inside of her. How dare they put their house and guildstone here, without consulting me first?
A sound behind her made her aware of a man recalling into the area, she quickly prepared an arcane assault, and started throwing fireballs at whoever just recalled into the area.

Murphy: Huh?

The man recalling in, Murphy, one of the founders of the Saints guild, was caught off guard, and quickly dropped dead.

As Nikita explored the corpse of the man she just killed, she found out this man carried a huge amount of blank scrolls and reagents.
Thankfully looting the goods, she suddenly heard an angry sound from inside the house.
Connor, a good friend of Murphy, had just woken up inside the house, and saw the entire thing happen through the small window in the door.
Realizing the door was locked, Nikita decided she would attempt to lure the guy out of his house.

Nikita: "Hi!"
Connor: "Really, kill on sight big time!"
Nikita: "Oh my! how exciting!"
Connor: "sure hope so, I like to paralyse people"
Connor: "***** I would rape you if I had reagents on me!"
Nikita: "You should stop talking dirty! It's turning me on!"

With a few arrows, Nikita killed Murphies horse.
After realizing the man was not going to come out of his house, Nikita yelled "Bye!" towards the door and recalled.
Back in Magincia, Nikita counted the blank scrolls she just looted off her victim. After about 2000 she stopped counting.
This queen is not to be messed with, she decided. She walked up to the mirror in her room.

"I will rule over Magincia the way my mother did, and anyone standing in my way will leave, or die."

After promising this to her reflection, she dropped into her kingsize bed, and fell into a sleep troubled with nightmares about fire, death and her own deeds.

Nikita

The next morning, as Nikita woke up in her palace, the first thing she thought about was the Saints guild, and the disrespect they had shown towards the queen of Magincia, by placing their guildhouse on Fire Island.
The Island where the royal Magincian family had spend numerous training bootcamps and vacations.

She recalled to Fire Island, thinking about ways to force the Saints guild to reconsider their guild-location, but as she arived on fire Island, she saw that the Saints guildhouse and guildstone were gone.

*Nikita laughed*

So they did get the message it seems. Wise of them not to further bother the Queen of Magincia...

As she recalled back, she felt a sense of pride and victory, having chased the Saints guild away from her Island.
Back in the palace she walked through the room where the throne used to stand before her departure to Brittain.

If I intend on ruling Magincia like my mother did, I need a throne and the royal sash, proclaiming me queen of Magincia, she thought. But where does one get a throne and a royal sash?

Suddenly a name popped into her head.
Azrael, the mysterious crafter of extraordinary items...
His prices were ridiculously high and he was very hard to find, besides being snobby about who his customers are, but surely he wouldn't denie the queen of Magincia her rightful belongings?

[ooc]throne, sash and possibly crown/tiara hue: 2523 all named "Queen of Magincia"[/ooc]
Approved, your trial has begun.