Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Monster Drops.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went over to the Ice isle and killed, Barney, a MOB, and after 35-40 minutes of trying to kill him and finally killing him, he dropped 550 GP!!! and no weapons... I mean common serious, i see myself buying regrements,arrows, etc, and i get less than 2-3k earnings per run...

Let me put this for you in accounting terms.

Revenue - Cost of goods = Profit

6k(an hour) - 4k(reags and arrows) = 2k profit...

So I hope you can see in that breakdown, and it's accurate believe me i've hunted enough, only way you'll make more is if you kill the MOB in destard who drops 10k + weapons, but that guy spawns every 2-4 hours, that the profit isn't worth hunting for.

Also...

There's monsters, such as monster npc's, who kill you in like 1 hit in ice isle, and probably other places, who drop like 200 GP max. Honestly, if you're risk of killing someone is hard like that, wouldn't the reward be a little higher?

There needs to be a serious tweak in loot, I mean what are you going to say " your from XUO you're used to easy loot, IN'ers in IN took them that same time to make money, blablabla"

to tell you the truth, people here, for the most part, range from 18+ age, they have responsibilities, and further more, a life to attend to. I dont mean it in a negative way, but we dont have all the time in the world to hunt to make 3-5k profit here and there... you have to take things such as the diversity of the players and put that into account when setting hunting and such... also, who cares how it was on XUO or IN, This is INX, a new shard with a new start, just because it was like that in IN or XUO, doesnt mean it has to be like that here. Who say's that IN or XUO had the best perfect system? I mean you have to see what you're working with and you need to take different things into account such as the year 2007, the games out, the players ages, etc... there's many things I just don't feel like listing them.

We need to make it so people can have the money and such to actually get into events, gank, etc... honestly, at this rate, how many people do you see entering a tourney. As a matter of fact I wouldnt be surprised if someone didn't have regrements and was using only aids in the tourney. The cost of living in this server is TOO HIGHH...

we need to tweak it, and for those of you who hunt, or tried hunting and gave up, you know what i'm talking about and that it's legit.

Galens

Concerning your post. It seems that perhaps this should have gone into the suggestion area rather than in general. Along with your "Not right for new players thread"

The hunting has obviously been nerfed for the economy. I am a miner, I can make about 1000 an hour. THat is not very fast at all. But it is economically wise to not let the superhuman get rich faster than the ridiculously weak. I have a life too. I work almost everyday, the weekends are my time to play most of the time. It is not a factor of what is consuming your extra curricular activities. We should not adjust the shard's economy based on your work schedule. That would be unfair to the honest hard working players who want an rp system in effect. These issues you are addressing are very immature and irresponsible for the greater good of the shard.

Galen
Silverwolf Wrote:6k(an hour) - 4k(reags and arrows) = 2k profit...

lol
I stopped reading after this. If you spend 4k an hour on regs and arrows you must be leaving a trail of regs behind you so you don't get lost.
I also killed Barney, took about 30 minutes but I didn't sit there and wait for him to die, I hunted other things as well. Multitask. During that half an hour I believe I made 4-5k so your doing something wrong. As for his drops... yeah I got 600 gold off him, but honestly even though it was time consuming there was 0 risk involved. Anything that cannot kill you should drop next to nothing. Oh and trust me... there is no way you could get killed by Barney if you use your head.
I specifically went there to kill him to check drop rates. It is balanced well considering the amount of difficulty involved, which is 0.
Tabion Wrote:lol
I stopped reading after this. If you spend 4k an hour on regs and arrows you must be leaving a trail of regs behind you so you don't get lost.
I also killed Barney, took about 30 minutes but I didn't sit there and wait for him to die, I hunted other things as well. Multitask. During that half an hour I believe I made 4-5k so your doing something wrong. As for his drops... yeah I got 600 gold off him, but honestly even though it was time consuming there was 0 risk involved. Anything that cannot kill you should drop next to nothing. Oh and trust me... there is no way you could get killed by Barney if you use your head.
I specifically went there to kill him to check drop rates. It is balanced well considering the amount of difficulty involved, which is 0.

4k an hour doesn't mean your killing one MOD the entire time, if you hunt with people in serveral places, your going to needs to cast a certain amount of bladespirites, heal, ev's, etc... so yes, 4k, since a reag bag cost 3k and each regrement costs about 5-6 gp each. And I don't care if there's "no risk involved", even though there is because theres the sword dudes and the mages there, It still takes too much time to make 600 gp. And the dragon over at destard, is even EASIER to kill, and he drops 10k, so youhave no idea what you're talking about if you're saying it's risk free and has decent loot. destard guardian hasless of a risk and drops 9.5k more.

k thanks
i reduced the amount of creatures on ice, about the barnie loot , we will look into it
If there is something easier then barney that drops 10k... that is just retarded. Which ever gm/admin or whatever added that I am going to personally slap you. That is rediculous.
Why even hunt anywhere else if you can make 10k in about 30 minutes of hunting or less. I hope you are bullshitting me though.

Anyway, 4k in an hour is still impossible. You may buy a reg bag, go hunt for an hour and throw that bag into a collection piling up in the bank, but there is no way that in an hour you went through all those regs. Unless you are sharing that reg bag and arrows with someone else. Or maybe, like I said, you leave a trail of regs behind you.

Galens

I hunted quite often on old IN shard with a couple friends. We took 2 reg bags each full. We weren't even down less than a quarter on our first bag. But then of course we weren't hunting dragons. But we did fight relentlessly without a break for 2-3 hours on tough monsters for our skill such as ettins, trolls, and even a wyrvern.
Indeed. The drop rate is fine, emulates IN1 quite fine. Trolls and Ettins and other medium to low level monsters actually drop a lot more magical armor and weapon than they used to on IN.
Also I had no problem getting 6k+ bandies in one day, for free, you just have to know where to look. You can gm healing from 15k bandies, of which about 3k will remain at the end of the process. And of that, you won't ever lose any more if you take care washing them ( save looting )
(That from my experience on INR, and there was a failure rate on bandage washing, so the total number might be a bit higher with remaining bandages)
From the "About INX" page:

We have an old saying here at Imagine Nation, “Be a part of something better!” Imagine Nation: Xtreme lives up to this standard and is by far the best server we have put together to date. If you are looking for something that is better then the rest, then you have come to the right place.

IN:X was born from the dreams and spirit of two great Ultima Online communities, Imagine Nation and Xtreme Ultima Online. So what is INX all about? We are a premier Ultima Online gaming community that enjoys and reflects the old school Sphere/TUS play style. When you enter our digital world, it will feel like 1998 all over again. The only difference is that our server does not have all the bugs and stability issues that true Sphere servers have.

IN:X encourages diversity and competition. We are not limited to one specific aspect of the game as we feel that a robust world such as ours should cater to all play styles. If you enjoy PvP, PvE, RP, or just hanging out with your friends at Brit bank… you will feel right at home. Our PvP system is one of the best… if not THE best system you will find online. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding PvP environment, our old school “***** Opiate” inspired PvP system delivers.

We offer several custom items and places of interest, such as custom designed and decorated dungeons, player implemented races, RP items, static housing, custom ores, rare mounts, interesting and challenging hunting areas, and much much more.

If you have been looking for a place to call home, a place that encourages fair game play, a place that is challenging and exciting, a place that has a strong community and a deep rooted history, if you have been looking for such a place… your search is over. Welcome to Imagine Nation: Xtreme!

I bolded the important parts that some seem to have missed when they joined up. Also note that while it does emphasize a great PvP system (which we have), it says nothing about not having to work some to get to the top.
Silverwolf why don't you go take a look at this thread, I think Maka may have put it up just for you.

http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1719

maka

It's really not criticism against anyone, I understand where people are coming from when they complain and try to make as aware of the hunting. Just wish more knew where I was coming from.
Lol slaquer, believe me I know how hard maka works and the last person I wanted to imply this to is him. I'm a full time student too and I know maka is aswell. I know what hes gonig through and he put more time than he has into this shard, he ran xuo on his own, i already know hes a beast.

A gm ingame told me to post about Barney and the ice isle, so I did.

While i was posting about the ice isle issue i jsut decided to add what ever else was on my mind. but the fact that people say that earning so little in the time spent upsets me. I have a life I dont want to be dedicated to hunting constantly to make a minimum profit. I'm not here to roleplay, and many people are, that's where we dont get along. Putting a role playing shard and a STRICKTY PVP shard together isnt the easiest thing to do and well your going to get some conflict.

I think that loots should be tweaked and people keep disagreeing so we come up with all this argument.
Pages: 1 2