Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Important: Not right for new players.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Honestly, in all respect, how in the hell do you expect, someone new on this server to start playing when they start with 500 GP, an empty spell book, 10 dex, about 55 str and 30 stam??

Do you honestly believe, with the hunting system you have out there where you make tops 5-7k/hour, that these guys will ever be ready to play the shard comfortably before the year 2009?

It's cruecial that you fix this I mean if I was to come check this shard out, with all the factors such as skill gain, start money, stats of hp,mana,stam, money, empty spell book, I would laugh and look for the next shard to play...

There needs to be a way for these guy's to start out I mean the system we have now isn't working properly. I've had new dudes come upto me and say I cant even hold my weapon yet, I can't cast anything, you expect them to go newbie dungeon forever??? lmao... they going to be broke for months.

This isn't right and needs to be fixed ASAP since we're trying to increase the number of players on this shard.

Galens

Several of these issues have been addressed and changed. It is nothing new that you are experiencing. If you played IN1, you would see this is about as close as it gets, if you did, then you obviously weren't paying attention.
Skillgain is quite accurate to the old In shard. The bugs are being fixed even as we speak. That is why they recommended we post about the bugs. Several of the bugs I have reported were taken care of immediately. They are not shoving you off for something more important. Your complaints are valuable to this shard and the patrons who run it, but as I said these issues have been addressed. If you took a look at a few of the posts, the Admins have stated they will not change a few updates for specific reasons, one mainly being economy. The old IN players have earned their right through years of playing to import there characters with the advantage. Although I do disagree with the vast amount of head room they received, it is what the Admins wish to have set, and it does not seem to be seriously diminishing the efficiency of the shard. For the new players who cannot hold weapons, teach them how. My character has been able to use a weapon fine. Not only that, but my character has been able to do a lot of things other users can't, such as attack, the reason for this is a client issue. There is a post concerning this issue, and it has been resolved. Check the forums often for solutions that other people may have in relation to yours.

Galen
Heh, on IN, you started with only 100gp, and you didn't even get the bag of regs.

I think the server is fine, and is actually easier to start than IN1 and especially INR.
Lindenwood Wrote:Heh, on IN, you started with only 100gp, and you didn't even get the bag of regs.

I think the server is fine, and is actually easier to start than IN1 and especially INR.

that's the thing, WHO CAREs how IN, INR, Corefailure, XUO, XUO2 and all them other shards started. I know it's based on all those shards, but it's INX now see the difference is there's an X added to IN... and theres no longer XUO, its not INX... see the difference, new shard, new biginning.

who says that IN, or INR had a good start rate, thats ridiculously low start and I wouldnt of even started to play there if i saw that. The difference between IN, or INR is that on INX its more of a pvp shard now. So it's not the same thing, not everyone is a role player and enjoys to run around and hunt for hours, you have two different type of players here... and to make this shard sucessfull you need to accomidate both types of players, role players and pvp'ers.

Galens

If you don't like this shard, there are hundreds of others. Perhaps they can give you 4 million virtual gold for the price of voting for their shard.
Galens Wrote:If you don't like this shard, there are hundreds of others. Perhaps they can give you 4 million virtual gold for the price of voting for their shard.

Shut the **** up... all i have to say to that, i'm here because of xuo, so go suck urself.

Galens

Wow. That was very immature there fella. Instead of cursing your way into a situation, perhaps look at it from all perspectives and then give an intelligent debate. Making yourself look like a fool for all to see is the fastest way to lose respect from all the patrons here.
okay calm down. i think the system is fine. i started with 500 and im fine. maybe make it 1k
bah man IN and XUO are two completely different shards lmao. I don't see how both sides will agree on future decisions honestly, its as if we're playing for different reasons.
Silverwolf Wrote:bah man IN and XUO are two completely different shards lmao. I don't see how both sides will agree on future decisions honestly, its as if we're playing for different reasons.

First off, we gotta stop seeing eachother as "opposing" or "different" sides. We're one community now, and have been for awhile. Even though the shard just opened, the forums have been active for quite awhile. So instead of referring to INers and XUOers (as I mystelf have done as well), we needa referring to eachothers as IN-Xers and debate as one community.

I started from scratch with nothing. Im still a newb to tbh im liking it. You're supposed to work your way up slowly and the only reason why people are getting mad is because some people are up there already and others arent. If everyone started with nothing, it probably wouldnt be as big as a problem as things are made out to be. We'd all be casting fireball and lightning at eachother =P. Anyways, 500 gold is more than enough to buy a shovel, an axe, or a sewing kit. This is a unique shard, not only because its a sphere replica, but because people have to work for their skills (most of us) here. Thats the way IN-X has been set up, and I think thats how it should stay.

Galens

Bravo! Very serious answer there.
Isn't this the exact same debate that is going on in several other threads?

And it makes no difference at all how hard you should have to work for your skills if you are a "real PvPer." Through much of IN1 all I did was PvP. I got to the point where we almost never hunted unless I was bored or we needed to make some cash to buy something important. You can be primarily focused on PvP and still have to work for your skill gain. If you are simple not willing to work for your skills, then your only other option is to play somewhere else. Galens is right though; there are plenty of shards that fit your requirements, so if you don't like this one it would be much easier to just go to another one instead.

*edit*

Extremely well said, Horacio. Great post.
Pages: 1 2