Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: A suggestion to the community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
May I suggest that we all stop complaining about skill gains and money making?
Seriously though, the shard has been up just a few days and people are complaining constantly because they aren't rich and gm everything. This needs to stop.
Start looking for bugs, start thinking about the economy, and realize that crafts are supposed to take a long time.
There are better things to do then just complain about everything people. Start bringing more people to the shard, make sure you vote daily and help out the new people if you can.
We are like a big happy family now, lets all get along for a week and help the shard grow. I see myself as the wise, yet delusional member of this family.
And seriously you should all be greatfull instead of complaining about anything you stinkin kids. Why in my day we had to walk uphill in snow with no shoes while making gorgets for 15 miles just to gain .1 blacksmithy...

Galens

Have to disagree, even though I am disagreeing with a lot of people on the skill gain. Without the complaints, there would be no improvement.
i will agree shard hasnt been up for more than 6 days , is still to soon to be gm on everything easy and slow , in fact, how can it be fun if you gm everything fast like hell? chill and you will see that from here to 1 month you will be rich
Smile Just to state for the record, all my posts on (http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.ph...#post18169) to me are not unjustified. They are relevant to helping a shard grow and attract new members. I have said it many a time, but I am not looking for a handout. But I do believe, while it is the first four days the shard has been live, it IS in beta, and it IS open to suggestions and ideas to make it a more enjoyable stay. I am not here to flame anyone, just reiterating the fact I do believe the posts by knowledgable and level headed people like Kano, are relevant and worthwhile to be considered suggested improvements for an enhanced gameplay experience. Also playing off and on since 98, I too have seen my fair share of hills that are up-hill both ways with avalanches. Smile
Most of us have done our time.

My 0.02.

Thanks again,

BACoustic

Jake Blackstone

Tabion Wrote:May I suggest that we all stop complaining about skill gains and money making?
Seriously though, the shard has been up just a few days and people are complaining constantly because they aren't rich and gm everything. This needs to stop.
Start looking for bugs, start thinking about the economy, and realize that crafts are supposed to take a long time.
There are better things to do then just complain about everything people. Start bringing more people to the shard, make sure you vote daily and help out the new people if you can.
We are like a big happy family now, lets all get along for a week and help the shard grow. I see myself as the wise, yet delusional member of this family.
And seriously you should all be greatfull instead of complaining about anything you stinkin kids. Why in my day we had to walk uphill in snow with no shoes while making gorgets for 15 miles just to gain .1 blacksmithy...

Agreed, could not have said it better myself.
Well I just feel it is better to make suggestions about money and skill gain after a whole week of observing it. People may just be having an unlucky day or thinking that they just want it done and over with. If everyone just made note of everything for one whole week and had logical suggestions on how to fix things it would be much better. Rather then just saying this is too hard fix it, this doesn't drop enough fix it. We could try to make notes of things and post a rational fix for it. For example I was thinking of killing a few of each creature and make note of any unbalanced loots. Maybe someone could work on a different craft each day and make not of which are faster or slower and make suggestions on how they should be by comparison.
Sorry people, I just think collecting data would be much more helpful then saying, "fix it."
Tabion Wrote:Well I just feel it is better to make suggestions about money and skill gain after a whole week of observing it. People may just be having an unlucky day or thinking that they just want it done and over with. If everyone just made note of everything for one whole week and had logical suggestions on how to fix things it would be much better. Rather then just saying this is too hard fix it, this doesn't drop enough fix it. We could try to make notes of things and post a rational fix for it. For example I was thinking of killing a few of each creature and make note of any unbalanced loots. Maybe someone could work on a different craft each day and make not of which are faster or slower and make suggestions on how they should be by comparison.
Sorry people, I just think collecting data would be much more helpful then saying, "fix it."

I think that is a beautiful approach. I see a few problems. The server is in "beta" but not really, everthing we do now, carries over to when we come out of "beta". That being said, people are going to want to do things ASAP, because that is a whole week for vets to have a big advantage over newbs, is a week spreading the gap even wider. Also, people are going to want to do things that directly benefit them because everything from here on out is permanent, in the sense that it will not disappear when we are out of "beta". With that, the majority of people are not honestly going to what is "best" for the shard, i.e: troubleshoot, and really find the balance by trying all different things and aspects. I think that is a really good idea, and I think it would have been to the benefit of the shard as a whole to do a 1 week REAL beta, where nothing is carried over, everyone is full GM in everything (for testing purposes). So that these suggestions could come to light under different circumstances, with a bit more of an objective point of view, more geared towards the benefit of the whole, and not the piece that one charachter makes up. Truely, everyone wants to get rich fast, thats a fact, if we were in a real beta, and nothing carried over, people would be more concerned with the stability and balance of charachters, skills and the economy.

But do not mistake me, the GMs/Devs/Seers etc etc. Have done a great job putting out a stable server for people to enjoy, and I do appreciate that. Gave me a reason to give up WoW. Finally. :lol:

My 0.02.

Thanks again,

BACoustic
I know we complain a lot, but sorry other time for saying the same as always but is what i see:

all the people should have start with the same. thats real just not giving some people things that we will need months to reach. And when we reach that the other people would be rich there is a huge difference between vets and n00bs

I know they played in the server before the union of both servers but man other people could have been waiting also 1 year for playing here or they just been playing a lot in other servers and come here just because a friend told them. they stop playing in other server just for playing here like everybody will be newb. Its not worth to have spend probably months in the other server and now change it? just for making this server going up?

when i came to play I thought that everybody will have the same so that for me was one of the important things to come here ...surprise surprise i get confused

most part of the people dont want to be 1 month macroing just for getting something that other people get by .importcharacter ...

Also i will get bored macroing months to get 100%
I have seen also in the first day people with coloured tubs ...

Play for fun gg & hf

PD: I hope staff should think about what's right or not for the players which most part of them are newbs and think that vet people has a lot of ways to get too much money now in very less time than newbs.

PD2: most people wouldn't complain if we all have the same rights

The difference between vet and newbs = :thumbsdown:

the work of the staff for me is = :thumbsup: thx

smoke

i duno ppl say its easyer to gm skills on the abyass than it is here and i hear its hard as hell to gm skills if so then we need to change the skill gain took me 2-3 nights to gm healing from 80-100 and no its not the macro/delay im doing it right i have expierence with making chars >.< i understand that you do it once but still, for the people who are new and have no skill transfers they start from nothing no money and all of this costs something.

But i also agree with you that people need to find more bugs me and my buddy went hunting some drags and we found about 10-15 we posted Smile
I agree that the transfers should have never been done, but there is probably nothing that will be done about that. With that said, I think we should just leave it the way it is and try to hold it together as is.

Like I said, the more highly debatable things that the staff gives in to (like transfers, easier skills, more money for newbs, etc), the more people will demand. If they just stop it here and now, no matter what the opinions are, there is nothing that can happen but improvement.
No matter what anyone says, I can't help but feel like me constantly macroing 24/7 is just delaying the inevitable. I will gm all my combats eventually, and get my magery up past 90. When will this be? I don't know... a month?

I have to wait a month before I can compete with the vets in PVP! nevermind months upon months before competing with them in one craft skill. What is the difference in waiting a month or a week? It's still a long, inconvenient amount of time to wait before you can start battling other players fairly. The way I see it, players have little choice but to waste their time and the server's bandwidth while their chars brainlessly macro for hours upon hours with dismal hope to be at your machine when you gain a tenth of a percent. I mean seriously, slide the noobs a break since a large % of players received such a nice welcome gift. Give us a chance to catch up.
Kano Wrote:No matter what anyone says, I can't help but feel like me constantly macroing 24/7 is just delaying the inevitable. I will gm all my combats eventually, and get my magery up past 90. When will this be? I don't know... a month?

I have to wait a month before I can compete with the vets in PVP! nevermind months upon months before competing with them in one craft skill. What is the difference in waiting a month or a week? It's still a long, inconvenient amount of time to wait before you can start battling other players fairly. The way I see it, players have little choice but to waste their time and the server's bandwidth while their chars brainlessly macro for hours upon hours with dismal hope to be at your machine when you gain a tenth of a percent.

It is this way so everyone isn't gm at everything. You have to keep in mind that in some unique sort of way this is not specifically a brand new shard, it is a merge of two.

Kano Wrote:I mean seriously, slide the noobs a break since a large % of players received such a nice welcome gift. Give us a chance to catch up.

Would you post something like this on any shard that you joined? I mean I understand to some degree but really there will always be new players, why should the first new players get a special break but not the ones later to come?
Everything needs to be kept balanced. If you want to gm everything then you need to commit to it and be ready to spend the time. If you want to just pvp it only takes a week or two to max those skills needed, I would estimate. It really isn't that big of a deal if you are planning to stay with this shard.
I for one do not want everyone to have everything gm'd in a month. OR ever. Some skills should be in fact way difficult to gm, this makes it so people have to make the choice to bother training it or not. Shards that have people that are gm in every craft suck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4