Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Money Issues:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This was a response to Smoke's question about money and dragons. I felt like giving it it's own life in a new topic.

I kinda worked out this equation between garyb and I. So we mine for about 10 minutes, each of us can produce, since our level of mining is so low and all we get is iron, about 250 ingots of iron. So, 250 x 6( six 10 minute intervals in an hour) is about 1500 ingots a piece per hour, or 3000 ingots when combined.

When making daggers, I do about 200 at a time, and every 200 provided I don't fail, is 700-790gps per 200. So, 200 into 3000 is 15. 15(sets of 200 iron) x 790gp = about 11k with about..hour and half to mine and smith. When actually tested, mind you, under numerous conditions, failed attempts, the actual production value was about 9k.

It's slow I know, but it's a worth a look at.

At 52 smithy I sell each dagger for about 10-12 GPs. Lately it's been 12 GPs on average.

Smithy is a good skill to use because your start up fee is 0, yet it's time consuming. You get no real valuable gain except in crafting, which is a LOT of time that could be put towards magery, healing, etc.

Hope it helps. Just take a day to dedicate to get the cash flow.
If your selling iron for less then 10gp each your getting ripped off. I remember this price even went up to 18gp each.
It went higher on IN:R because you only got 1 ingot each time you hit the ground, you can get like 4 in one hit now. Although lumberjacking got nuked a bit. Sad Wood will get expensive when people have money.
Duke Wrote:If your selling iron for less then 10gp each your getting ripped off. I remember this price even went up to 18gp each.

I don't believe in selling iron. Buying it is another story.
Depends on if you have a mining macro or not. If I hand mine then I'd never sell it. If it was a macro and I wasn't getting arthritis for iron, then I'd consider selling.
Click? lol. Hell no I do not click over and over. That's crazy.

smoke

the thing about hunting and mining is that you dont need regs for it.
and regs in my eyes cost way to much considering that we use a bag in an hour or two and we make 3-6k so we only gain like 3k in 2 hours because of the regs lol.. also sometimes the spell fizzles and thats a waste of regs too =/
Smoke
How about buying the regs from the mage vendors. It ain't that expensive that way. Hence you will make a greater profit.
I'm not sure. I think it equates to the same price, to be honest. Buying them individually shouldn't change the price. Say, mandrake should cost 6gps when factored into the stone and from vendor and reflect the market price on the stone, too.
i think u guys are crazy 3k in an hour is fukin stupid in an hour u shud b able 2 make atleast 20k
I haven't tried hunting yet, but all the old "tricks" I'm trying seem to either be no profit or like 10% profit, but I have to check out hunting...some people have Vanqs from hunting, which are good profit.
wrong topic
Pages: 1 2