Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Applying for RP items (New Topic)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I apply for an RP item

To apply for an RP item you need to write an RP story which you can either post in the public RP forums or by private message to myself. Make sure to state at the end of the post exactly what you item/skin hue you are applying for and also remember to put after your title (RP Item) so that I know that your story is regarding an item as many people like to post for fun in these RP forums. Once you have done that you will immediately have to start rping your character in game as this will be the basis on what you will be approved on. I will not simply be handing out RP items to anyone who writes a good story, they will be something you will have to prove your worthy of before you can receive them. We have a system in place where we can track all of your actions while there are no staff online so I will be checking these before I hand out any item whatsoever. If you obtain an RP item you will have to stay committed to rping your character for the duration you want to keep the item. Now while I will be strict with this issue I do understand that there are times when a person can slip up so I will let little mistakes go but in terms of constant speaking out of character unsavory language and leet speech, your item will be forfeit, no if's, what's or but's.

Before applying for an RP items please make sure you know exactly what you are getting into. By applying for an RP item you are basically signing a contract with us saying that you will RP 24/7 and if you break that contract and we have to take the item off you, your chances of receiving another item in the future via an RP story will be very diffucult.

Story Guidelines

As for the story you write yourself there will not be any set length for it. While I would apprieciate that you do not write a full novel for your RP story I do not want you to think that you do not have to stick to a certain number of words either. I will be looking for creativity and above all else originality, stories about you wanting revenge because a mysterious stranger killed your family etc are not very original but that isnt to say I will dismiss the story either, again it comes back to creativity. I will also look at the effort you put into the story and please do not get any idea's about plagurisim, I am an avid reader of fantasy novels and know when you have simply copied from a book or internet text and if you send me a story which is from another source besides yourself you will instantly be "blacklisted" from ever receiving an rp item on IN:X.

I understand that our playerbase is made up of alot of languages and that not everyone can speak or write perfect engligh myself included, however rp stories will be required to be in english for the time being. Providing I can get a basic understanding of the story from what you have written and you have put in alot of effort I will definately consider your story for approval.

What items can I apply for?

Mostly just renamed or recolored clothing articles and skin colors to start with, we will however consider weapons, albeit they will be useless for fighting and will generally be a show item as opposed to something you could win at a tour, we will also consider other items you may want depending on how well you rp, do not ask for a r/r mounts or anything to that degree. Items that you receive are under no circumstances to be given to any other player and if you are caught the item will be deleted and you will be blacklisted and never again receive an rp item. You can request multiple RP items however we will have to watch you a little longer before you receive the items and your rp story will have to be something very special to obtain them.

What about death shrouds?

Death shrouds will only be available to the absolute best of the best in rpers. Death shrouds will be extremely hard to get and will be kept very rare. The people who do will have to keep their rp in order 24/7 regardless of where they are otherwise I will have no hesitation in taking it from them. I intend to be very strict on death shrouds, while I may give a little leniency on other rp items, death shrouds will be the proverbial "RP for life" sentence to the player using them if they want to keep them. To apply for a death shroud you will have to prove yourself as an rper firstly, this means you apply for another rp item first and prove yourself with that before we consider giving you one. As I stated this will be the one item I will be extremely strict with and one fault will likely result in you losing this priviledge.

What about name changes?

Name changes will not be offered as an RP reward for the time being.

Can guilds apply for rp items?

Yes, however the story that you write will have to be very good and the guildmaster will have to be very selective of who they recruit to the guild. Things will be a little different to how they were on IN:R as I intend to be very strict when it comes to this and if one member of the guild does not follow rp guidelines I will be wiping all rp items from that guild. So guildmasters who wish to apply for rp rewards be very careful about who you recruit into your guild and make sure they understand your rp before you simply recruit them. On this topic, I will most likely issue a warning to the players of the guild about a member not rping before I wipe all rp items from the guild so you will have ample time to sort things out and either remove or talk to the person in question.

OMG I just saw someone in game not rping and they have an rp item!11!!

We have a very sufficient amount of staff on the server and when we are not preparing new things for you to do we will most likely be watching you, whether you know it or not. People who apply/have rp items will be looked at very closely and frequently while we do this and also keep in mind that we have a system in place to keep track of everything so we will not need players to be the proverbial "RP Police" for us. So please do not page us for these kind of things unless you feel that it is something that is serious as in a player with rp items or even a player without them shouting racist and demeaning terms or harassment, they will be dealt with swifty and losing their RP items will be the least of their problems.

A few things

As I mentioned earliar you will immediately have to start rping your character in game as soon as you post your story as this will be the basis on what you will be approved on. I will not simply be handing out RP items to anyone who writes a good story straight away, they will be something you will have to prove your worthy of before you can receive them as I will usually be watching you for 1 - 2 weeks prior to you recieving the item so please do not constantly page asking for your item, you will be notified once your story has been read if it was good enough and then your trial will begin, if I feel you can stay in character you will be given the item you requested.

As for IN:R players who had RP items, we will be transferring those who remained active and had their rp items for at least 2 months before the shard was closed. If you applied and got your rp item when IN:R first opened and were inactive for everything after that, you may have to reapply for your items.
Bumped until I get Taran to sticky this.