Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Problems with the Macroing system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As far as I can remember, I thought I read that there will be a macro-check thing that pops up every 1 hour to see if you are not afk or something similar. I was thinking about server rules and hoping that this will not be implemented. I saw in the server rules that it said that over-night macroing is allowed, so what's the point with a gump that interrupts you (if it is, in fact, implemented)?
Soo my suggestion is: a gump that interrupts only resource-gathering which is triggered by movement. There aren't any resource-gathering skills that I can think of in which you can stay still (and still gain more than a few items). This is kind of complicated now that I think of it though...So it's a rough idea but w/e. Add on if you have anything; especially if you know for sure whether the gump will even be there or not. I was just kind of throwing this out there.
Im pretty sure the script can be changed to check which skill they are using and trigger the check.

I remember as a GM on a shard i could see above there names which skill/s they were using at the time. So with makas skill it shouldnt be to hard Wink Wink Wink
this question belongs more in "questions and answers" but i can't move it :p

Nalo Wrote:Soo my suggestion is: a gump that interrupts only resource-gathering.

that's exactly what it is Smile

we don't mind if people leave their guy macroing over night making armor, pots, scrolls, etc. what we don't want is people leaving their guy macroing over night to get ressources.

when you double click a ressource gathering tool (ex: hatchet or pickaxe), there is a CHANCE that a gump comes up where you have to select the right gump or you are killed. if you click the right one then you can go on doing your thing. otherwise its bad news for you.

this gump does not come up every time you click a tool, but enough times to make sure that if someone is trying to get away with an auto harvesting script they will get caught.

maka

What pande said, and it is not an hour, it is ~20 mins. The script isn't time based, but counting the percentages and time it takes to eg mine, that is where you would land.
cool cool, thanks

[Ill try to remember to post in the right place next time -_-]
where'd i mention time?
u didnt mention it, the guy above ya did, maybe maka mixed u 2 up with each other? :o
anyways on xuo when i mined, once i got it after 30 seconds (?) and another time it didnt show up att all until like 1 hour maybe. i guess it was randomized?
Fable Wrote:u didnt mention it, the guy above ya did, maybe maka mixed u 2 up with each other? :o
anyways on xuo when i mined, once i got it after 30 seconds (?) and another time it didnt show up att all until like 1 hour maybe. i guess it was randomized?

Fable, it's random, that's what Maka said actually :] He ment that after counting the percentages and how time it takes to mine etc etc it would end somewhere around 20 minutes between each time, but it's very much random, that is why it once hit you after 30 seconds, and one time after 1 hour.

Regards,
Hate
everytime you mine or chop a tree theres a small % chanse that the anti harvest gump will appear.
Odium Wrote:everytime you mine or chop a tree theres a small % chanse that the anti harvest gump will appear.

you're so cute giving answers i already gave Big Grin
That gump doesn't bother me. Everytime it shows up, I just whip out my gump. We quickly decide the winner then.
well ill whip my .kill macro out and then we discuss who wins. i hope i trained spirit speech because i cant read OOoO OoO ooOo lol
Pages: 1 2 3