Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Weapons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quick question, are we going to be able to make weapons out of ores?

If not i think we should, just leaving the damage to be basic like an iron Bardiche, just with a cooler color.

so we dont have players running around with an adamantite bardiche that does 50000 dmg.
not as it looks like atm, however pvp rewards for winning big 1v1 tornys can reward you in a renamed and recoloured weapon

maka

We will have IN weapons though. I'm not entierly sure what they consist of (maybe a INer can fill me in here), but it is stuff like hell halberd, diamond katana and stuff. They will be craft able, and some will be good even, but they will not be craft able from just ores.

They will also be balanced to the INX PvP too.
IN was mainly magic items (vanq), as well as a bunch of cool custom weapons which you had to go on a quest on to obtain the recipe. I dont remember the names, but man...get in touch with KM im sure he could tell you all the names + scripts.

Im not sure if im mixing up my shards, but didnt IN eventually do away with all magical weapons (vanq, etc) and just have standard weapons of any ingot?
I already added all of IN's custom weapons. We just need to tweak the damage and add them to the craftmenu now Smile
Nemo Wrote:so we dont have players running around with an adamantite bardiche that does 50000 dmg.

No weapon will go anywhere near 5000 damage ;p The strongest weapon at IN-X will always be the sup acc vanq weapon (in most cases)**. This is to balance the PvP, if you could craft weapons that did 1-hit-kills or even close to that then that would ruin the PvP completely, and that's not what neither of us want. Don't get me wrong tho, the "hell halberd" and similar weapons will still be real good as well.

Regards,
Hate

**edited by nasir
50000 was an exaggeration... lol

i just meant that if weapons could be crafted of high ore that they should be just like normal iron weapons and not stronger like vanq weapons :lol:
Nah. What would an Adam / Sapphire ingot go for, like 5k each? For a weapon to take 10-20 of those (50-100k), I dont think it would be bad to make them as strong as Vanq ones.

I actually suggested this years ago on IN, about being able to make any metal weapon out of any ore, with increasing damage and durability as it went up. I think it would definately be a neat idea.
Lindenwood Wrote:I actually suggested this years ago on IN, about being able to make any metal weapon out of any ore, with increasing damage and durability as it went up. I think it would definately be a neat idea.

Personally i hate the idea of being able to craft any weapon from ingots... it makes the economy messy and over complicated... i think if we implemented maybe a few more weapons like we had on IN it would be good for all..

Off the top of my head the ones i can remember...

Elite Weapons (very rare/hard to craft)
Fiery Bow of Death

Someone the rest...

Craftables
Heavens Fury
Sole of Vampire
Hells Halberd
Elven Bow
Wolfbane
Az a Moridin (spelling)
Dwarven Axe
Dragons Tonge...

Someone fill in the rest...
the server i used to play had a bad ass idea,

made good use of item ID Smile Vanq, Power, Might etc weapons would be a weird blue color, then you would have to ID them, normally it would turn into a regular weapon (regular color) but on a small chance it would turn into lets say u found a vanq weapons thats blue, u could ID it into a regular vanq, fire weapon (orangish weapon) life leech( takes hp from target gives to you, only like 3-7 hp) mana leech (dark metalic blue) magic arrow, and the best, Lightning (solid blue) droped a lightning bolt on your ass for like 10 extra damage (processes at like a 13% chance on hit or less. poison also (was dark green) poisoned the target with a weak poison
Hopefully weapon damage and special weapon damage will be balanced at opening, and then people can just give IN's system of special weaps a chance.

I also agree with Elcid that craftables of every ore make things messy and obnoxious. It worked alright with the different qualities/resists and the fewer ore types as it is in default RunUO, but no skill cap is an entirely different combat system.
Elcid Wrote:it makes the economy messy and over complicated...
Oh I agree with that. I just didnt mention thats exactly what they said the first time I brought it up, hah. Well, at least I agree with the complication part. I dont think it would really be "messy" or anything. Of course it would be harder to set prices for things.

Elcid Wrote:Elite Weapons (very rare/hard to craft)
Fiery Bow of Death
Hehe... I had the first one of those. Won it in a big tourny :icon_twisted: .

However, as far as ores and economy goes. I think it would be cool for tailors to be able to give some clothes and armor class by "lacing" it with an ore. Like when you clicked on a robe it would say "A Copper-laced Robe crafted by Hate," and it would have an A/R of like 5 or whatever. Not only would that add another RP aspect to the economy, but it would also give tailors something to do.

*edit*

Or even if it only worked with a few ore types. Like, maybe only a few of them are light enough or ductile enough to work, and the rest dont work with it. Something like that.
Pages: 1 2