Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: The Return Of Lord Blackthorn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This story began in the Where are you from? thread. I feel that thread should be kept for RP introduction, not plot and storyline, so I created this thread

Thread Rules

• No OOC talk (even in brackets). If you feel the need to say something ooc, PM the person
  • If you want to be a part of the RP, feel free to join in, but keep it relevant to the ongoing story
  • You may speak as someone else in your thread, but if the person does not like what is said, try editing it with their input
  • When talking about another character, or characters from within the UO universe(Lord British, Blackthorn, Shamino, Dupre, Etc,). try to do a some research on them. Feel free to make up characters and make them however you see fit who have no history in UO however.

Helpful Links to help RP
Lord Blackthorn Info

The Story so far...

One evening, while the moon was full, and the sky was lit, a lone Daemon flies through the night sky seeking a meal. His name is Horacio. As he sees light shimering in a distance, he swoops down closer to land to see if any easy prey litters the city. He flies opon he town of Occlo. "The local tavern is usually easy...drunken fools always stumble out during these late hours". Horacio thinks to himself. The Blue Moon Inn. Horacio lands gently and stealthly on the roof of the tavern only to notice a man sitting there, but his scent is different...not as appetizing as the average human....Who are you? You certainly are no normal human! you dont smell like it and you are on top of a 3 storey building! Answer me!

Ztoke Wrote:Very well .. daemon. I shall answer your questions. I was born a human, but due to experiments made upon me at a young age I have orc blood in me. This can not be seen from the outside - thank god - I do not like the orc look very much, however I do like the superior strength that I get, so it's not all bad.

I do not have much of a memory from my younger years, they were wiped away during the experiments.

I escaped from the place where I was feld when I was about a teenager, thanks to a person who is now my teacher and friend. He showed me how I can still be a fairly good person, even due to the experiments they made upon me. The bloodlust that I get something is however nothing that I am proud off, but due to some blood-drinks that I have stored at my house I manage to stay away from getting into a rage and attacking my friends.

I now live in a town named Ocllo, trying to stay away from guards and other people who do not appreciate my nature. I am pretty much an outlaw, I do not honor anybody except for my teacher. I walk my own path. I make friends along the way, as do I make enemies. Who knows, maybe you'll meet me some day if you take a walk through the town of Ocllo, and who knows - maybe we'll become friends, or maybe I'll be the last thing you see. I guess time will tell.

Horacio Wrote:Hmm part human....and a lust for blood. I may have finally actually met a human that I like...However it does disappoint me that you resist your natural urges. You must do what feals right!

You have intrigued me Ztoke, and these experiments you were involved in are quite impressive. Who, or what may I ask did this to you?

Ztoke Wrote:It would be foolish of me to give in to my natural urges.. that would most likely cause me to dive into a chaotic state of rage. During that state I would most likely slay every person I come across.. there for I have learned not to give in to the temptation.. and if we should ever become friends one day, you would not want me to give in to my natural urges either daemon, trust me on that..

These experiments.. I try not to think about them so much .. they tend to drive me closer to the evilness that is inside of me. But what I do know is that it must have been somebody with a great deal of power.. somebody evil. I was held below the town of Britain, in the dungeon..

I heard the name Blackthorn mentioned a few times by some guards.. but I am not sure.. it could have been my imagination as well, I was not in the best state of mind down there..

Do you know somebody who is named something like that daemon.. ? Because I've sworn to take revenge upon whoever did this to me..

Horacio Wrote:Yes Ztoke....I know of this individual. When I first arrived in britannia years ago, I researched Blackthorne and British quite extensively.

...He created the one dark virtue that exists out there...the one virtue I live by, and the one you fight not to live by....Chaos. The Shadowlords imbued him with powerful dark magic, and with it he created a small army of mechanical monsters.

Even though I was in the Underworld, I still received updates of what was occuring in Britannia. A few years ago he attempted to take over the City of Yew. The humans stopped him, and he perished there. Some do say the Shadowlords granted him Immortality, and it was merely his human shell that was destroyed. Black fog steamed from his body during his death. I believe it was a release to his true self. His so called death may have been an act...to trick the humans into thinking they are safe under the rule of that fool Lord British. I would not doubt he still exists....somewhere out there.

...Where there is Chaos...there undoubtably is Lord Blackthorne. I do warn you Ztoke, not even myself and the Daemons would want an enemy of Blackthorne....you would be wise to think along the same path.

Ztoke Wrote:Oh.. so he may still be alive.. good to hear. The fact that he is strong just means that I have to train harder in order to defeat him..

I will however consider your warnings.. I do not know if he is your master and you are trying to protect him.. or if your intentions are good.. but I will consider them..

Perhaps you are right.. perhaps he gave me the orc blood to help me.. to make me stronger.. if that is true then perhaps I should obey him instead..

.. ehrm! what am I thinking! no nice person who wanted to help would throw you into a dungeon and practically torture you!

.. unless.. he wanted to make me even stronger.. perhaps..

I shall consider what you have said daemon, you have been of great help to me.

I shall remember what you have done for me if we meet again some day. If you need aid in battle, don't hassitate to come by Ocllo and visit me.

Horacio Wrote:I am nobody's servant anymore! My branding has left me damned and alone. Blackthorn never had rule over the Daemons. You do realize by aiding me it will likely result in the death of many humans, for they all seem to want a Daemons head as a trophy. If you are willing you kill your own kind, then I accept your kinship. You shall have my aid as needed as well. Since you have the blood of a beast running through you, your scent is tolerable, and I have no urge to eat you. Thats I think about as close as a compliment you will hear from a daemon.

Hate Wrote:*You notice a cloud of smoke appearing in front of you. When the smoke fades away there's somebody standing there, it's a gesture of a man. Who is this man? How did he manage to appear from nowhere?*

The man begins to speak..

Mortals of this world.. don't be afraid. Don't let my shabby black beard scare you.. I am not here to hurt you. I am here to make you aware of who I am, and to ask for your aid. I am what you people would refer to as a "God". I watch over you from above, interfering when I have to in order to keep the balance in this world.. but I mostly let you mortals take care of your own problems the best way that you can..

I have been watching over you for centuries.. never really needed to show myself before. But there is a grave danger in this world.. a man who has raised from the dead to challenge you all is coming here soon.. to try and take over the world you mortals call home..

This evil man has allied himself with the dark Gods from below.. and he is thereby shielded against my godly powers. However neither me nor the Gods from below can shield him against you mortals, that is why I need your help..

If you gather forces I believe you can defeat him. The Gods from below were only able to resurrect him back to life because I sent him down there the last time you guys vanquished him.. but if you manage to slay him again I believe I can prison him in the outer realm.. in a place where he will be trapped for all eternity..

You will have to slay this evil man my friends.. You will have to kill.. Lord Blackthorne.. one more time..
Horacio Wrote:*Horacio and Ztoke listen on from the safety of the rooftop, as the peer through the skylight of the tavern*

I have seen that man before in drawings from withing ancient texts...He is no magician with smoke tricks.

*Horacio glances at Ztoke, only to see the fury in his face*

...Even though you are half orc...you are also half human...Do not try to find blackthorn on your own...

Perhaps we can try to arrange a meeting with that mysterious smoked figure, and we can learn more of blackthonrs plans...What do you think Ztoke?

*Raindrops begin to fall from the black sky*

Rain....I hate rain...I should leave..I will be in contact soon....Farewell...

*Horacio stands up, spreads open his black, scarred wings, and flys off into the night sky*

Ztoke Wrote:*Ztoke watches Horacio fly away..*

All of a sudden the fighter known as Ztoke decides to scream one last message to Horacio before he has gotten too far away: "I will be careful, thank you for your advice my daemon ally. Yes another meeting with the mysterious smoked figure could be a good idea!"

*Horacio disapears into the black night sky..*

- So.. Blackthorne is back.. Even though I was hoping to get a chance to fight him I was not prepared for him to arrive this soon.. this will be hard even for me. I better seek some allys such as the daemon.. and perhaps the skeletal knight..

- I can feel the darkness falling over this town.. I better head home. I shall return to look for my allys tomorrow.. and hopefully Blackthorne won't arrive until we are ready to fight back.. I have a feeling that this is the beginning of a very important adventure..

*Ztoke disapears back into the darkness where he came from.. the only thing that can be heard now is the wind.. and three small words whispered in the darkness.. Kal Ort Por.*

Fable Wrote:*Fable, the young warrior coming from an almost extinct non human, but still human race enters the blue moon in*
"One bottle of ale, my dear bartender" he sais.
-here ye' go mate.
"bartender, heard any rumors"?
- Well. there is this rumor ive heard some drunkies talk about.. but i dont believe this story.
"please, tell me."
- allright, but this may not sound like a song in your ears.
"allright, i can handle it"
- these people claim Lord Blackthorne is to come back..
" Blackthorne?!?" the scum who slaughtered my people... would be nice to avenge my poor brother who died trying to defend me..
- aye but I must warn thee.. if these rumors are true, u have to train even further. ive seen your skills in combat young one. you posess great power and you can handle magic wisely. but i'm afraid thou must surpass your knowlegde and become stronger and better in all ways.
" I see..."
-My friend, the bottle of ale costs five gold coins, please.
"here you go."
- Dear customer, u said something about that Blackthorne has slaughtered your "people" can u please clarify this to me?
" Don't mind if i do. I come from a race, not an elf nor a human, but something between.. but my people are born with great potential of magic and combat skills and we learn fast and advance four times faster than the smartest of humans.. however we dont die, and stay dead. we resurrect and we get stronger for every resurrection. however we may have a low temper.. strangely i dont."
- I see.. now go my young fellow.. go and train and prepare. Farewell.
good bye.
*Kal Ort Por*
* Fable disappeared*

Lets Begin Shall We?
…3 days later…

*Belly full from just having his fill of a Town Guard who wandered too far out of the patrol of Moonglow, Horacio begins to fly North*

“…Who was that man at the Blue Moon Inn? What were his intentions? Its strange he appears as soon as Ztoke told me of Blackthorn…”I think to myself. “ I must go to Lycaeum and see if I can find anything on this person…but not like this…

*Horacio glides down into the trees just outside the walls of the Great Library, Lycaeum*

“…I’ll never get in looking like this.... Vas Ylem Rel ” I mutter. Before my eyes, my body began to shrink down, my muscles collapse into themselves, and my wings melt into my then black skin, which begins to turn pink and soft…the disgusting feel of being in full human form. I throw on a Daemon Steel colored robe and black rock Cloak and walk into the library.

As I walked through the main gates, I got this strange feeling, as if someone’s eyes were all over me. Have I been detected? Before I had even the chance to open up a book or a tome, the world seemed to just slow down. Nobleman and Mages around began slowing down, walking as if in slow motion. All the colors were beginning to fade from the world. Time stopped. “Have I died?” I thought to myself.

“No, Daemon…you are not dead…yet” whispered a mystifying voice. Then, all of a sudden, a mysterious, yet all too familiar vortex of smoke began to whirl before my eyes. It was the strange man from the Inn. He appeared before me as he manifested from within the smoke. Although the world was drained of color, he was not. His beard was black as night, and he wore a robe as red as blood. Although he looked old, I sensed a great power about him.

“An Ort” He Yelled. My Body began to shake, and I felt a surge of power rush through me. My pink flesh began to peel as my true form began breaking out of my human shell. He dispelled me. “Why are you involving yourself in human matters, Daemon?” He asked curiously. “Blackthorn is not only a Human affair, as a creature bred in chaos, I must know if the forefather of the dark virtue has returned.” I replied. “Now tell me, Wizard, who are you, and how is Blackthorn still alive? I can be patient with an answer….as it seems we have all the time in the world…
Quote:As he sped through the darkness of the backaley, Jerek heard someone shouting towards him. He couldn't clearly make out what he said; the adrenaline still rushed through his veins and told him to keep moving.
This was not a night for fighting Baron Le Carde's men and trusting strangers

As his noiseless steps reach the woods, Jerek disappears into the black night.

Continuing...

As skilled as a woodsman can be, the depths of the forest is dangerous for normal beings to wander in. What kind of creatures lurked amongst the ancient roots of the first oaks? If one get lost in the forest, the answer may come with the sight or sound of such wonderous beings who make home beyond the eyes of mere men.

But Odeanir was no mere man. The forest knew his magic; it's creatures feared it. Faeries wouldn't try their pranks on him, devils of the mist wouldn't cover his path and snakes would keep their fangs far away from his enchantments.

A good friend for a woodsman, Odeanir would be. And he was. If Jerek feels at completely at ease when sleeping under a tree of the forest during the night, it is part because of his knowledge of the ways of the wilderness and in no small part because of his friendship with Odeanir...
A friendship that started out of Odeanir's love for good beverage; probably his sole reason to mantain contact with the outside world. Still, better ask the forest boy to bring the alcohol in exchange for some gold rather than going to town himself. Still, solitude did make the old wizard appreciate the little conversation that Jerek provided, and soon enough the two would trade words during a whole day. Jerek no longer brought beverage in return to gold then, but out of friendship for the old man who, in turn, decided to teach him some of his arcane magic. Too bad Jerek is rather impatience when dealing with arcane matters, but he managed to ''pick a few tricks along the show'', as Odeanir says...

After fleeing from Baron Le Carde's men, Jerek sneaked his way towards the old wizard's tower. It certainly had seen better days; vines could hide the gray stone of the tower's wall and the roof had a dramatic hole, probably derived from Odeanir's experiments with alchemy. Jerek looked at the old, unlegible sign in front of the door - more precisely, looked at Odeanir's pet crow standing in it. Certainly, through the eyes of the bird, Odeanir knew of Jerek's presence.

After many knocks, a familiar voice was heard...

''Hold your horse, guv! Trying to bring down me old gates, aren't ya? No respect for the elders, no sire...''

With a smile, Jerek removed from his backpack a full bottle of the drink of drinks: Grog. Surely Odeanir would be pround of his both friend and clumsy apprentice.

''Good to see you, old man'' - Jerek says, offering the bottle of Grog to the wizard.

''Always aiming to please, eh guv?'' - Odeanir grins as he takes the bottle off Jerek's hands ''What can old me do for 'ya?''

Jerek sighs.

''That despicable Le Carde is on your trail again, hm? Not a hard thing to guess nowdays'' says Odeanir.

''You tell me, old man? The price on my head was brought up a little, or so the gossip says...That fat pig must be getting bored up in his keep''

''Well well, guv, in a while maybe your head will be worth a couple cows! Har har!'' said Odeanir as Jerek laughed at the now familiar dark humour of the wizard.

For an old man, Odeanir is surprisingly fast. He could leep through the stairs of the ruined tower like he was still a young lad, like Jerek is. After many conversations about the nearby mountains and many debates over the merits of black haired women over blonde women, Odeanir's expressions becomes darker with every passing moment.

''Something bothering you, old man?'' Jerek raised his left eyebrow.

''There...there is a more serious matter I'd like to discuss with 'ya, guv''

Jerek nods.

''I've...I've had this tingling feeling behind my skull ever since I saw...since I saw that man!'' said Odeanir as if his tone of voice could not catch exactly what he really meant.

''What man?'' Jerek asked with his left eyebrow still raised.

''An old man, with a long beard...Looked like a magician, he did!''whispered Odeanir.

''Did you look at yourself in mirror?''

''Very funny, guv! But this ain't a joke. I did not like what he said, not one tiny little bit, I did not...

Tell me one thing guv, have you heard about Lord Blackthorne?''

''Hmmm'' Jerek scratched his chin ''Some insane noble who meddled with dark magic, devils and such? Aye, I've heard this tale before. Got a sword run through his ribs in Yew, isn't that right? So, what about it?''

Odeanir repeated the apparition's to Jerek...

''Hum...did not know you had a perchant for ghost stories, Odeanir''

''Me neither, guv. What worries me is who was that black bearded man. Where did he came from, guv? It's nor right. I've been noticing some weird behavior in the forest's natural cycle for some days now, guv. That doesn't happen at random, y'know. Even if this has nothing to do with Lord Blackthorne...there's still something weird lurking around, guv. Something sinister, I would also add''

''Maybe. But really...There's no reason to believe that this Blackthorne chap is pulling the strings in this one. He got introduced personally to a blade, so he should be dead...right?''

The howl of a wolf is heard as the red sky introduces the black night...Staring through the window, Odeanir says in a serious tone:
''You should be going now, guv. I wouldn't want you wandering in these woods after dark...not under the, uhm, present circunstances.''

''I'll stay alive out there, old man. Always did, remember?'' Jerek smiles to ease Odeanir's worries.

As they step outside, Odeanir emits a loud whistle. After a few seconds, a mare runs through the trees and stop at the tower's gates.

''Edris, take good care of guv here''Odeanir pets the animal's face.

After saying his farewells, Jerek mounts Edris and charges through the old dirt road towards the nearby village; the local inn will provide the good night of sleep in a bed that Jerek hasn't experienced in ages. And that is something he'll need to face the dangers ahead of his path...
*A man walks around the mountains and finds someone lying on the ground*
-sir... are you allright?
Ughh..... Heal....*coughs*
- oh no.. i'm no magician, nor a healer... poor man. I shall lie here with you the last minutes of your life.
*The man dies*
- Poor man.. i shall collect some flowers around and make a little memorial for this poor soul.
*The man collects flowers and returns to the dead body... who seems to be alive all of a sudden.
- WHAT. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?
relax, human. I'm a darkelf. i die, only to resurrect and to be stronger and demand revenge..
- Please, sir. Dont harm me!
Relax.. You'r possesions are worthless to me.
-Bless thee.. forgive me for my curiousness, but what happened to you.
I got attacked by something strange, i was no match for that blackbearded man. his magic is far more powerful and ive never seen anyone meet up to this strenght.. I fear i lost to Blackthorne..
- LORD BLACKTHORNE?!? you can't be serious.. he is dead.
Don't make me laugh human.. ive been researching about this blackthorne. seems he is a little relative to me.
- YOU mean he is your uncle or something?
No not like that. but if what i know is true, than he is alive. cause it seems he too, is a darkelf. One who betrayed his own people, only to attain power and start his own empire.
- So if Blackthorne is a darkelf.. he cant die?
Correct.. however... there is a way to kill every darkelf.. But since I never got so old to learn it, my whole tribe was wiped out of history, just like that. And Blackthorne was behind it all!
-Maybe he knew how to kill darkelfs and taught his minions the technique?
i guess... But... if this man who just killed me was Blackthorne. I demand revenge... I have to go, it was nice to speak to you human.. and tell everyone you see that rumors about blackthorne might not be a lie.. warn everyone. Kal Ort Por..
farewell!! huh he is gone?!?
Damnit! fable thinks to himself. It seems Blackthorn isnt a darkelf.. how come he came back from death then? ive got to know more about this scum! And was it really him who attacked me?

Atreides

Atreides awakes the following morning with his head at the foot of his bed and his feet on the pillows. "That was a rough night", he thinks to himself. Atreides slowly gets prepared for the day by first unsheathing his sword and sharpening it and then inspecting his cloak and robes for any rips from his travels. Once satisfied at the condition of his clothing and the sharpness of his blade, he heads downstairs and pays the lovely woman for his night's stay, plus an extra night, telling her to keep the room as he left it.

Atreides walks out of the Inn and sees the sun already high in the sky and begins on a slow run to the north-west. It had been some time since he last went for a run and he was unaccustomed to running long distance with his sword, which began weighing him down.

Part way into the forest Atreides hears someone talking in a hushed voice ahead of him. Atreides slows down and crouches behind some bush not even 20 meters from the source of the low voice. All of a sudden a scream issues from where Atreides had placed the voice. Had it not been for his intense discipline trainings, Atreides too would have screamed in return and revealed his position.

"Who is eaves dropping on me?" asks the voice in a deep, evil sounding voice. Atreides slows his breathing so as to not reveal his position from his labored breathing.

"Who is eaves dropping on me?" asks the man again with growing frustration. Atreides cautiously unsheathes his sword incase he has the need to protect himself from this man.

"Por Ort Grav," bellows the deep voice. As a reaction to what Atreides thinks as a war cry, he stands upright with his sword held out in front of him ready to defend against any foe. Atreides is forced to sheild his eyes as a bright flash of light appears out of nowhere. It was as if the trees were uprooted and he were standing in the bright light of the desert sun.

"Ah!" Atreides screams as the lightning is channeled through his sword and into his hands. Atreides drops his sword to the ground and pulls out a dagger from his side and throws it at the source of the bright light. There is a soft thud followed by a scream that fills the forest air.

Atreides stoops down, and with the folds of his cloak picks up his sword fearing to once again sear his hands. Surprisingly, the blade is again cold to his touch. Atreides sheathes his sword and runs faster then before back to the town of Britain.

"Who could do magic that powerful?" Atreides thinks to himself as the events at the bar and his attacker's fire ball that narrowly missed him the previous night flood his mind. Atreides can hear loud footsteps following him and knows he is being followed. Atreides wills himself to run faster and can see the edge of Britain less then 100 meters away. Panting heavily, Atreides rushes into the city screaming for the town guards. As if out of thin air, three guards appear surrounding Atreides. The one standing directly infront of him demands to know why they were summoned.

Atreides answers; "Some... one... a..ttac...ked... me...". Upon hearing the broken syllables, which form the word "attacked" the guards almost simultaneously draw their swords and begin muttering enchantments.

A blue gate appears infront of Atreides and he is huriedly shoved in by one of the guards who tell him he will be safe here. Atreides steps through and finds himself back in the room of his Inn. Atreides collapses on the bed thinking to himself that he might of died had the lightning not hit his ancient sword first...
hey you! Fable shouts to a man in the corner of a bar, with five men accompanied with him.
i heard you talk about some of Britannias greatest warriors.. give me a list with everyones name on it!
- And who might thee be? That way of asking was not polite. apologize!
I did not ask, and i shall not apologize!
- Fool! Men i want this guys head off his shoulders, NOW!
-I will take care of him little brother.. one man said
Do you dare challenge me? write me a list and i will spare your lives.
-lets go outside..
*outside the bar*
- Prepare to die, Kal Vas Flam
so you too know magic? hahaha In Jux Sanct
*fables spell is faster*
GAAAHH!!!!
*the man died of his own flamestrike*
- You killed my brother?!? i shall smite thee!!!
*Fable draws his bardiche out of nowhere and cuts of the right arm of the man*
GAAAAAAHH!! YOU MONSTER!!
now will you make me a list or would you like to risk a leg too?
Ok, Ok, i will write down the names, just don't hurt me anymore!!
*five minutes later*
-Here is your damn list, curse you!!
thank you, and lower your voice or i shall cut off your discusting tung.
excuse me, but why are you so intressted in all these names of all great warriors?
Because, Blackthorne is back, and one warrior alone can't handle him, maybe not even 10. so i want to gather all warriors together.. or kill those who oppose my deal!

Atreides

"Perhaps this is the man I ran into on my job to the north west of britain... If it was truly this man, I should consider myself lucky to survive an attack from such a strong being."

*What Atreides doesn't mention is that he feels a new energy flowing in his body, possibly a side effect of being struck by the lightning.*