Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Is shard up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Jerek Stormgard Wrote:It's not like you're gonna crap your pants if you don't play UO next week or something.

I will. I vowed to hold it until the server opens. I dunno if it will make it. Sad
i think the majority of our players don't script or program in any language so i'll try to explain to you a big problem our devs face...

lets say you are writing an essay in Word but there is no spellcheck and you can only print your essay when it has 0 spelling errors or typos. this means you can't say "to" instead of "too", you can't write "i am happy" but only "I am happy", if you put a comma instead of a period you can't print, etc. It's like Word knows you have errors, but won't tell you about them.

that is how scripting works. If you have 1 typo, the script won't work.

lets take it one step further; you correct all your typos and print your essay. after you read it, you find you don't like how one part is worded so you edit it and make more types. again, you can't print until you fix all the typos.

this would be like tweaking a script after people report issues or give suggestions to make it better. i hope you can understand now, in part, why it takes long to do a shard.

on another note: beta 2 may have closed several months ago, but the staff are still testing for bugs. when we find something, we then gotta fix it. we can't ignore it.

if it makes you feel any better, i will stop odium from taking a bathroom break... only problem is im several thousand kilometers away and can't enforce this Sad
Rather than people saying hurry up... How about an update and what things are left to do.
oki, then i wish u give me all the tubs and adamantium ar and blackrock ar and xtreme ar and daemon steel ar and sapphire ar :o
sapphire
Taran Wrote:Your wish is my command Cool

http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.ph...#post13260

Big Grin
thank you taran Big Grin

oh and i am taran's master, so fable, no you aren't getting all that stuff :p
no problem pande.. il just have to deserve them ;p
Lindenwood Wrote:I will. I vowed to hold it until the server opens. I dunno if it will make it. Sad

The trick is to massage the opening of your anu-Cool ....anyway..Patience is a virtue. The administrators and developers put in a lot of time, of course, but I'm much of a perfectionist myself and I can understand the need to deliver a final, worthwhile project that doesn't leave people in an indifferent or ambivalent frame of mind. I'm sure once you're able to log on these thoughts and impatient nights will soon diminish from your mind forever.
Smurtle Wrote:The trick is to massage the opening of your anu-Cool ....anyway..Patience is a virtue. The administrators and developers put in a lot of time, of course, but I'm much of a perfectionist myself and I can understand the need to deliver a final, worthwhile project that doesn't leave people in an indifferent or ambivalent frame of mind. I'm sure once you're able to log on these thoughts and impatient nights will soon diminish from your mind forever.

:kissing:
:o
Pages: 1 2 3