Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: you can roleplay and still be hardcore PvPer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
there is much talk about porleplayers and pvpers and since we are merging its important that people at least understand what roleplaying is all about becouse it seems many people dont.
In another thread someone wrote

Quote:so il have to be like a freak and start talking hail thee me friend from the south-west, nort eastgate... i shall grant thee a neat bargain of me finest mana kegs..... the hell with it, il stick to pvp ^^

roleplaying doenst mean you have to act a sword-wielding Hamlet f a g g o t. its about not talking IRL things and leet speak like lol and pwnt..

example your phone is ringing you dont say "wait guys i have to answer the phone"
you could say something like "guard me for a second guys im a little dizzy"
and when you come back you could say "im sorry i lost myself there, lets go"

so what im trying to say is, you dont have to act someone else, you can just be yourself and still roleplay

if everyone would skip IRL talk and "ROFL PWND n00B" at least 90% of the time, or just in public places, we would have a much more fun atmosphere and people could still be hardcore pvpers (we had lots of them on IN:R) without being forced to act someone else..

i dont say i roleplayed on IN:R, i did maybe 50%. thats just becouse my friends there were all leet speakers and often talked irl so it was hard.

anyway, on IN:X im gonna try my best and i hope others will too.
The vampires, daemons, gobos etc were all roleplayers on IN1 and I don't think anyone thought of them as hamlet ***s. You don't even have to speak in olde english. All you have to do is imagine what is around you in-game is real. Speak normally, not stupid. And speak as if technology doesn't exist.
exactly, i hope we will see more guilds like Vampire and Deamon.
Valas Wrote:All you have to do is imagine what is around you in-game is real.

That about sums it up.

I hope the non-RPers can at least respect us and the shard enough to at least put up with others' RPing.

*edit*

And you don't even have to "RP" a phone call. As long as you respect RolePlaying enough to note that you are talking out of character, using brackets, I can respect you also. Basically, like if you are in public and you have a phone call, you could just say [Hey, brb, phone]. But basically, like Valas said, just try to pretend you are in the world of UO, and not just playing a game. If you simply cannot bring yourself to do that, then at least respect those that can.
there are 2 ways of roleplaying, the first one is like you said "All you have to do is imagine what is around you in-game is real." and to act someone else like Deamons and Vampires did.

and the other one is in my opinion not as challanging as the first, and that is to just skip the leet and irl speak. as is explained im my first post. its not that hard and something for the pvpers
On in1 I recall talking in brackets being accepted but I don't think it was on inr. I hope that is clarified so that nobody gets in trouble or loses rp rewards that way.
Personally, either way I would try to avoid brackets.
As far as rping goes, speaking as your character would is not difficult at all. What I found the hardest was finding an excuse to not attack a friend that was human. Sometimes I had to attack friends because of them being human and all but that surely does suck. That is the hardest part for me, making friends or having friends from the past, running into them now and realizing that my character would attack these humans without hesitation.
Have to always remember, just because I know them doesn't mean my character does.
Anyways it was a good point to post, I was not sure if everyone understood that some of us that rp also spend our time pvping as well.

maka

Yeah, def a good post. Even if people do not pick up RPing, maybe they'll understand that it at least wont be to difficult to make the game somewhat fun for others,
Role Playing can be fun Big Grin I think I might give it a go on my mortal

// please don't hurt me guys :/ *hides

Cool
RP is fun for u guys, cause ure used to it! and we from XUO are used to pits and pvp, and u want to remove pits and compromise the pvp... u get it now why i get annoyed by some of ur threads? u got like 3 threads about how much u hate pits and like 7 about the pvp... jesus :mad:
if u dont like the pits. run around, dont step on the damn pits pad. do what u used to do, run to brit and mark a rune, then to trinsic, mark a rune and so on....
Fable, you need a map or something? Sounds like you couldn't handle itSmile
Hope I'm not throwing shit in the fan or beating a dead animal, but if the players from the two shards are indeed so different, why merge at all? Sounds like breeding headaches for the Staff. Does it have something to do with the number of players on each shard? I mean, to create a server with a decent amount of players?
Tabion Wrote:Fable, you need a map or something? Sounds like you couldn't handle itSmile

dude how do u think i had runes to occlo, destard, covetus, despite, hoppers bog, more dungeons cant remember the names =/, many places where there were rare mounts to tame and that city a bit north from hoppers bog, a safe place to bank on.. well i had all those runes and i didnt get them from staff, i had UOAM and i started to run. in the begining it might be fun cause u might bump into a xtreme monster and u didnt know it spawned there. but later it gets boring...
Pages: 1 2