Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Basically...bored, check it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Nasir Wrote:My personal choice = the correct choice.
always.

Sounds like you're a libra ; p (zodiac)

maka

Sounds like you read to much crapBig Grin
August 4th is my birthday? What is that?

I think that's Leo.
Nasir Wrote:August 4th is my birthday? What is that?

I think that's Leo.

Yes that's right :] Happy bday in advance :]
Thanks Big Grin

hooray for off topic. We really should use IRC :/
Nasir Wrote:Thanks Big Grin

hooray for off topic. We really should use IRC :/

Hehe, yeah that wouldn't be such a bad idea if ppl actually showed up there. :confused:
Pande Wrote:im not some spoiled little brat who needs a new quest to do every day

I think that about sums it up. Not Im calling Pay-2-Play[ers] spoiled or brats or anything, but it just seems to take a certain kind of mind to be able to find entertainment in the simpler things, without spending money.

It also depends alot on the game. Games written to be enjoyable for years, with not much more than a few volunteer staff members, are genious. Similar to movies that are made well enough for people to watch over and over again.

Basically... "genious" games are made for people with "genious" minds.

I say this because I personally have noticed that the level of intelligence between people who play can games like UO (and other simpler, cheaper games), for long periods of time and people that play Pay-2-Play games or contunially buy new games to beat because they quickly become bored with them is quite different.

Just notice the general level of reserve and peacefulness that float through forums like this. That could only be the result of higher minds in agreement (UO Wink ). The only drama we ever have is from the emotions this game brings to us (which again only certain minds could get from this, or most any, game).
leri Wrote:
pande Wrote:in fact it is genious because that saves blizzard millions of dollars that would be spent in having servers. all the game data is stored on everyone's pc, so why should i pay to have another pc host my shit.

because a) if you keep all the information on your machine its easy as hell to cheat and b) because your pc cant host 10,000 people at once.

gg next map

i never said i was trying to host 10k people at once. the fact i only need to host 8 max makes it perfectly fine to do. and maybe i could Smile

hate Wrote:
nasir Wrote:My personal choice = the correct choice.
always.

Sounds like you're a libra ; p (zodiac)

the second word of my last name is Libera... so am i a sagitarius and libra? haha Smile

maka Wrote:Sounds like you read to much crap

or maybe he is just full of crap Smile love you nasir Smile in that non gay way, you know...

nasir Wrote:August 4th is my birthday?

i dont think any of us know if it is nasir. you tell us Smile happy unbirthday btw

nasir Wrote:We really should use IRC :/

half the staff aren't even on msn. do you all hide out on IRC? cause i keep getting answers from Azrael like 6 hours later (normally around 3 in the morning)

all in all I agree with you lindenwood Smile i just want to have some fun now

lindenwood Wrote:it just seems to take a certain kind of mind to be able to find entertainment in the simpler things

you calling me slow/dumb/dimwitted? lol Smile

Quote:Basically... "genious" games are made for people with "genious" minds.

yup. thats one reason why everyone likes different types of games, we all like different things, and we all see the brilliance behind certain things.
Pande Wrote:you calling me slow/dumb/dimwitted? lol Smile

I would! :whipping:
stop whipping me before i beat you for real! lol
Pande Wrote:you calling me slow/dumb/dimwitted? lol Smile

Actually, the exact opposite. You fit the exact description I was talking about (the "genious" type). Wink .

Basically, any game that requires greater user effort (either in the form of personal skill for multiplayer shooter games like the HalfLife mods, in the form of time invested, like for skill gain in UO, or a combination of both like in gaining skill in UO, and using it in the relatively complicated PVP), is, IMO, geared more toward more "advanced" minds. From what Ive seen, games like WOW require less user effort to get good entertainment out of it. However, again only from what Ive seen, WOW seems to be more of a game that "walks you through," since it seems to be basically like [Quest, Quest, Quest, gain character level, repeat with new list of quests]. Rather than UO where there is no more of a "set path" than there is in the real world, which is basically to "get ahead, and be happy," heh.

I know I sound extremely conceited saying all this, but it is simply what I have observed.

*edit*

By the way... no staff should take this to mean I wont be donating Wink .
i know lindenwood Smile i was just kidding and i agree with you. i much rather a game where im free to do my thing, develop my character how i want.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5