Imagine Nation Forums

Full Version: Rejoin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So basically I got bored of CSS, Warcraft 3, and other games...so I came back to see how IN is doing and to re-re-re-re-attempt to connect

I've been having a lot of trouble with both Razor and Gateway and getting them to cooperate. With razor I keep getting errors and whatnots that come up right at the login screen. If anyone has any recent info on what causes this or whatever, that would help. I have the .net framework and I'm re-downloading everything [razor, UOML from fileplanet, hues, login, etc.] as I'm writing this.

That's all I guess, hope to join soon
Thanks
your having trouble connecting because the server IS NOT UP!
this is a good topic to read for some information, its a new topic aswell.
http://www.in-x.org/forums/showthread.php?t=840
if the server isnt up....why are there weekly updates that seem relative to what looks like player input on game-play-related problems...?
bah, guess i got confused
nonetheless the problem is still there Smile

In the mean time, anyone know a good server i can test my razor connect-ability with/on and enjoy playing as well?
If you read these topics to the fullest extent than you would notice that it says. We are in the final stages etc. They have been scripting this whole time. they say it should be up soon.
Err...yea, I know :/
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]hehe, while there are a few big issues left, I and some other people that cant help with the bigger issues, do on a regular basis try to find out whats not like sphere and how could we change it to be and look like sphere. we (the staff) have a couple of sphere 0.51a shards running along with in-x to try to make the server be more than great when its up.

You did also mention somthing really good in your post, about how the weekly updates could be confused with the server be up and running. We are very fully aware of that more things can and might come up when more players will play, And we might probably have to do a weekly update or 2 after the server have gone live, but a update like that should only take a few minutes (a restart). And ofcourse Taran or someone else will post what happened during that restart then aswell, so noone feel like their request have been left out.

however ATM the updates are now posted so the community can still see that we are still working on this project and theres no reason to give up on IN-X. because it will and probably be or already is a revolution to RUNUO Big Grin

Oh and the small things on sphere that many people might have forgot do very much matter if the total sphere feeling should be complete, example on small issues.

on RUNO theres is no Orns or Oclocks. there is ostards and forest ostards.
We have removed the ostards and taken back the orns and oclocks.

Dices on RUNUO shows the rolled number above the dice in a grey colour.
Dices on Sphere shows the rolled number above the players head in an Emote red colour.

Guildstones on RUNUO are only able to be placeg inside a house, thats not the case on sphere. The RUNO Guild menu/house menu etc is very diffrent from the sphere Guild and house menues, etc etc.

How the gates when using the gate spell was red if they went to a unguarded zone and blue if they went to a guarded zone.

How bodys showed the amount of items in them after the corpse name on sphere: "body of name (xx items)"

On RUNUO sewingkits or tinkertools didnt give you any target
On sphere they did give you a target so you had to target the item you wanted to use.

How some items on some of the vendors buy menu had some hues on it.

How horses and other creatures could be, red and blue aswell.

how the craftmenu look like, how the text appears above your head when you see someone attack somthing, or when someone make potions etc etc.

That you now can tame unlimited amount of creatures.

Along with all the changes to make it like sphere we do also search for other issues like, if theres no "too far away" message on various items etc.

The shard is very much complete as I can tell right now, however the skill system is currently under some work some guys are calculating on the time it takes to gm a skill from 0 to 100 i know maka was calculating on this yesturday or the day before that. The Account/Item transfere is what PROBABLY will take most time to finish up.

But ye right now this shard is probably already one of the greatest sphere replica shards out there, and TBH IN-X would kick probably loads of other non sphere replica shards ass pretty bad or "darn" good aswell Wink

note: i did not look on any changelog or anything to bring up as many sphere replica things that already have been done, simply took it out of the head from what i have noticed. Big Grin [/COLOR]
nalo Wrote:if the server isnt up....why are there weekly updates that seem relative to what looks like player input on game-play-related problems...?

gms were players once too Smile haha
Odium Wrote:[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]hehe, while there are a few big issues left, I and some other people that cant help with the bigger issues, do on a regular basis try to find out whats not like sphere and how could we change it to be and look like sphere. we (the staff) have a couple of sphere 0.51a shards running along with in-x to try to make the server be more than great when its up.

You did also mention somthing really good in your post, about how the weekly updates could be confused with the server be up and running. We are very fully aware of that more things can and might come up when more players will play, And we might probably have to do a weekly update or 2 after the server have gone live, but a update like that should only take a few minutes (a restart). And ofcourse Taran or someone else will post what happened during that restart then aswell, so noone feel like their request have been left out.

however ATM the updates are now posted so the community can still see that we are still working on this project and theres no reason to give up on IN-X. because it will and probably be or already is a revolution to RUNUO Big Grin

Oh and the small things on sphere that many people might have forgot do very much matter if the total sphere feeling should be complete, example on small issues.[/COLOR]

Yea the small issues were always a big deal to me. I guess im pretty picky about details. For example when something is just slightly off from "normal" gameplay, like when there is no number beside a corpse name indicating the amount of items in the loot...I get pretty annoyed for a while, then over a few weeks get used to it Wink But it's always nice to go back to what im used to or what was most convenient [of course convenience is what we're all about isn't it?]
Anyway the point is the small things definitely matter and are a lot more comforting and easier to deal with.

Pande Wrote:gms were players once too Smile haha

Yea...what I meant was that the way Taran posts the bulletins and updates is kind of misleading because when he posts, it's as if he's replying to player input...directly.
Taran said this in the updates:
"The RewardDyeTub Should now work without any flaws!! remade the whole rewarddyetub script"
Ok so it's as if someone went to Taran [maybe in game or on forums talking about in game] and said "Oh hey the reward dye tub interface is kind of screwy blah blah, have a look please"
It looks that way to me because Taran said it should work now...as if someone stated that it wasn't working...

Anywho im not going into anymore detail, it's really an unimportant matter.

Thanks for the imput Odium Wink lots of us do actually appreciate the small things.
nalo Wrote:as if someone stated that it wasn't working

ofcourse someone had to report a problem Smile haha
Well, we (staff) are finding bugs on our own and reporting them to the developers. Maybe that's why you thought players reported them when it was in fact staff.

When I write the changelog I just copy and paste everything from SVN, meaning I haven't written anything there myself since I don't script.

maka

Back to your orignial questionTongue

UOG has not been working with "new clients" for a while now. I'm not sure if they are ever going to fix it, and i have no clue what client version first caused the problem.

Now, I know razor had had some issues with vista and the newest client out there (i think its 6.0.1.7, but I'm not sure). If you are on vista (and didn't download the newest razor form the RunUO site), then I recommend re downloading razor again. If you have client 6.0.1.7 you'll have to wait for a razor fix to come out (not sure how long they take) or find a new client:p

If that doesn't help then I really can't say, don't use razor myself. I suggest looking at the razor forum on RunUO, you might fight some useful info there--->http://www.runuo.com/forums/razor-cuttin...assistant/
Pages: 1 2