Poll: You want that mounts can be killed from outside houses or not? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
64.29%
64.29%
No
35.71%
35.71%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

mounts can be killed from outside houses or not?

Yes. kill those ****in things. xp

i give up on this
even because the shard has not a staff anymore so idk why we start polls..

Gang Wrote:Well if you aren't capable of making a macro that will heal up the ride before EQ kills it, then I think you shouldn't train it afk.
Though, I dunno, thats how UO always worked. Lately people just tend to complain about everything. I wonder what would happen if EV's could be casted on door once again , like it originally was in 0.51a ?

p.s.
Btw, you don't need castle to keep your pets alive. EQ don't work farther than 8-10tiles. So, obviously castle isn't the only option.

During 0.51a period , there were thousands more players to play with , and that kind of event wasnt an issue back then , obviously , but when your server only have a few handfull players left , and that those handfull players sadly include a bunch of greifers who does everything in their power to greif others (wich eventually lead to players quitting ) i think that some mesures should be taken , considering the lack of players and that those greifers obviously dont care about the future of their own server ( they mostly care about their bank and precious pixels. )

Castle isnt the only option , but it basicly remove the utility of all the small houses , and also , most new players arent aware of this information and end up buying useless house where they cant macro to catch up ( and it pisses them off , with good reasons. ) Yet again another situation where you fail to grasp the real problem at hand here Gang , but hey it's not very surprising by now.

Hiraku Wrote:i give up on this

Well yhea that's what happens when staffs are made of little friendly cliques where none can make any constructive criticism. There's obviously a lack of leadership here , and the server is left to rot by that little clique , thinking they are going in the right direction when they obviously arent ( if you look at the population drop in the last months , you cant blame this on new games only. )

Galehaut Wrote:During 0.51a period , there were thousands more players to play with , and that kind of event wasnt an issue back then , obviously , but when your server only have a few handfull players left , and that those handfull players sadly include a bunch of greifers who does everything in their power to greif others (wich eventually lead to players quitting ) i think that some mesures should be taken , considering the lack of players and that those greifers obviously dont care about the future of their own server ( they mostly care about their bank and precious pixels. )

Castle isnt the only option , but it basicly remove the utility of all the small houses , and also , most new players arent aware of this information and end up buying useless house where they cant macro to catch up ( and it pisses them off , with good reasons. ) Yet again another situation where you fail to grasp the real problem at hand here Gang , but hey it's not very surprising by now.

Well yhea that's what happens when staffs are made of little friendly cliques where none can make any constructive criticism. There's obviously a lack of leadership here , and the server is left to rot by that little clique , thinking they are going in the right direction when they obviously arent ( if you look at the population drop in the last months , you cant blame this on new games only. )

Elaborate, who you mean by griefers please? Me? Dude, I've yet to kill a single ride with EQ here. I never do that when I pass-by a house like that. Only times when I killed rides were after killing someone I have personal issues with. Like Chusco, for example.

Yes, I do know a lot of details/bugs/tricks within this server, including that thingy with rides. And I know how to not have my ride being killed, that doesn't mean I go killing every single ride players own, or that I have to go and create threads or make thousands posts and explain to people how to do this or that. As well as fact that I know injection better than some players also does not mean that I must spend hours writing guides for new people to understand it as well. The ones that willing to learn it, can always aproach me and I'll gladly help them. I'm not a baby sitter to explain people how\what they should do when they don't need it themselves. So please, go and blame someone else. I for one not cry or blame people in population drop. I'm not jesus christ to sacrifice my own time in the sake of server. Like I said, Im not indebted to anyone, so please, leave me alone eh?

I, however, am Jesus Christ.

Nasir Wrote:I, however, am Jesus Christ.

Nom you're Derp on D3! Arcanist....

Hiraku Wrote:i give up on this

I'm sorry but what do you want us to do? The poll indicates more people want things to stay as they are, so what exactly should we be doing? It seems unfair to just lash out at the staff because the playerbase is not in agreement with your idea...

I think he is just used to hear from a response from a GM. GM's have been extremely quiet and we see the server going down hill.

Tired of repeating myself in every thread so I'll do a brief summary:

Playerbase is down for many reasons, not just 1 reason: Summer, girls in short skirts, people have exams, UO players aren't all young any more and have jobs/partners/families, people go on holiday at this time of year, D3 was just released, nostalgia for UO is finite, etc. etc.

90% of these reasons are out of GM hands, the playerbase will probably recover but it will take time for D3 and the summer to go by and some of the players who currently left to become nostalgic for UO again. Besides even GMs need a break from the game, even GMs want to try out D3, go out in the sun, and try to get their hands on some girls in short skirts. I don't remember signing away my life to be a GM here, and nor did anyone else. I'm sorry but playing blame game, or trying to pick 1 specific reason for the drop in playerbase is pointless and stupid. You have to make the best you can out of the game, this is an old game there will be good times and there will be not so good times, the game was made in 1999 and the players are all older now, you can't expect the game and server to dominate the lives of the players, the staff or even Taran, I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear but it is the truth.

Besides why should GMs reply in every thread where players are debating a change which half or more of the players don't want it? What's the point? Surely that if anything is a waste of GM time, don't you think I have better things to do with my life than personally address every single idea on the forum even the ones that the players already shot down themselves? What does it achieve, just make the guy who made the suggestion feel even worse? I don't really see the point.

Now that said, we still keep an eye on discussions and ideas, we still want the server to do well, and I still think the playerbase will recover. But less hysteria and overreacting to stuff would be great...

Loki Wrote:Tired of repeating myself in every thread so I'll do a brief summary:

Playerbase is down for many reasons, not just 1 reason: Summer, girls in short skirts, people have exams, UO players aren't all young any more and have jobs/partners/families, people go on holiday at this time of year, D3 was just released, nostalgia for UO is finite, etc. etc.

90% of these reasons are out of GM hands, the playerbase will probably recover but it will take time for D3 and the summer to go by and some of the players who currently left to become nostalgic for UO again. Besides even GMs need a break from the game, even GMs want to try out D3, go out in the sun, and try to get their hands on some girls in short skirts. I don't remember signing away my life to be a GM here, and nor did anyone else. I'm sorry but playing blame game, or trying to pick 1 specific reason for the drop in playerbase is pointless and stupid. You have to make the best you can out of the game, this is an old game there will be good times and there will be not so good times, the game was made in 1999 and the players are all older now, you can't expect the game and server to dominate the lives of the players, the staff or even Taran, I'm sorry if that's not what you want to hear but it is the truth.

Besides why should GMs reply in every thread where players are debating a change which half or more of the players don't want it? What's the point? Surely that if anything is a waste of GM time, don't you think I have better things to do with my life than personally address every single idea on the forum even the ones that the players already shot down themselves? What does it achieve, just make the guy who made the suggestion feel even worse? I don't really see the point.

Now that said, we still keep an eye on discussions and ideas, we still want the server to do well, and I still think the playerbase will recover. But less hysteria and overreacting to stuff would be great...

I agree with you, I am not saying its the GM's fault at all. It just has been quiet thats all