Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Patcher / Graphic Issue

When logging in I can't see anyones rides and some walls.
*Note this happend after patching

I tried the mul file posted by taran how ever neither of them work.

I try to use the patcher but all it keeps telling my is it can't find updateswap.exe what is it ? and how do I fix it ?
So there are my two problems...

Shadow

the updateswap if a small exec that replaces the old patcher with the new one, my guess is that when it is created it doesn't have enough permissions to delete the old patcher exec so the best way to mend this is downloading the newest patcher directly so it doesn't need to update also I'd recommend testing the files for both 6 and 7 versions even if you know what version you are using just to remove one possible failure point.

I just had someone send me there files that were working, couldn't fix it on my on my own.
I guess from now on ill just make a backup of the files before patching that way if it messes up I will still be able to play.

I noticed that if you patch UO all the way to full and try to use the current latest client, stuff is all broken and I can't get it to work. I tried it earlier and then finally fixed it by either restoring from a client patched to whatever the recommended version is or by using Fix Client in the patcher. I don't remember what I did. I get off of work for the weekend today and I'll update the patcher some.

Oh, if you use Fix Client for now, you'll need to toggle to client 6 if it's on 7. I need to fix that too.