Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Life support

phobia Wrote:the only reason the pvp sucks is that there is never anyone to kill other than that it is great

No it sucks plain and simple and I'm sure plenty of people would agree....IM OUT!

[SIZE="2"]The Horny Pink Daemon[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Worst typer on the World[/SIZE]
[Image: sigpicpaulieq.png]

If you're "out" then frack off and quit b*tching. Obviously you have no interest in INX or contributing anything of value, so leave us in our peace.

Quote:No it sucks plain and simple and I'm sure plenty of people would agree....IM OUT!

I'm also sorry to say that plenty of people would complain about the skillgain, there will always be people who don't like the skillgain/pvp, the problem comes when people aren't willing to actually try it out fully. The point is instead of having people complain about it they should just learn it and play.

P.S: I'll glady start up Necro's PvP School if that were to help people understand fully about it. The other half of it is practicing....

You all know it good, why discussing? you know everything Cool
(atleast you pretend you do) some others may consider otherwise looking at the status bar. but hey keep youre head up and go for it Big Grin

Hilbert Wrote:You all know it good, why discussing? you know everything Cool
(atleast you pretend you do) some others may consider otherwise looking at the status bar. but hey keep youre head up and go for it Big Grin

What the FÛCK are you babbling about!? Seriously, do you even understand what you are writing yourself?

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Lederoil Wrote:What the FÛCK are you babbling about!? Seriously, do you even understand what you are writing yourself?

I think he understands himself and thats all that matters to him lol.

Eighty Swords Wrote:If you're "out" then frack off and quit b*tching. Obviously you have no interest in INX or contributing anything of value, so leave us in our peace.

Im sorry that ive been going through a bunch of personal shit as of late but to tell me to stop *****ing, please your the biggest *****er on the shard. Instead of put your two sense into every single little post why dont you take a good look why the shard is dead, 1 xuoers ***** about skill gain and 2 Iners ***** about pvp therfor there has to be a single outcome for the shard. you have 3 choices A change skillgain B change PVP or C shut the shard down. and just to piss you off......IM OUT!

Paulie Wrote:why dont you take a good look why the shard is dead, 1 xuoers ***** about skill gain and 2 Iners ***** about pvp therfor there has to be a single outcome for the shard.
That's an awfully specific prognosis, Dr. P. Have you also ruled out Lupus?

The balance between PVP and PVE is fine, the problem is much more complex that just one or two things, IMO.

The main thing that I see wrong is that the shard is booming as long as there's a GM online 24/7 hosting tourneys and events, but there's no way you can keep that up. GMs get bored of hosting all the time, and whereas players can take a break and play other games, GMs are expected to be on hosting 24/7.

I've already posted my thoughts on giving the shard more storyline, quests, and involvement, but it's hard to implement. I'm working on some stuff behind the scenes now that should add a bit more interest to the game, and I'm making it all easily accessible to new players.

In the mean time, the best bet is for everyone to stop logging on to the forums posting about how the "shard is dead" or how it's going offline. It's neither one.

Eru Wrote:The balance between PVP and PVE is fine

I think most people agree with this. It's not even about just PvP and PvE there's many other aspects to be balanced and I think you've reached the point where you can't really balance it any better.

Eru Wrote:The main thing that I see wrong is that the shard is booming as long as there's a GM online 24/7 hosting tourneys and events, but there's no way you can keep that up.

This is a prime example of what XUO people want. Tours hosted, ganking and craft skills easier. It should be easy to just log on, make a character and jump right into the action. These things keep away some of the old XUO playerbase.

Eru Wrote:I've already posted my thoughts on giving the shard more storyline, quests, and involvement, but it's hard to implement. I'm working on some stuff behind the scenes now that should add a bit more interest to the game, and I'm making it all easily accessible to new players.

I saw your suggestions and all those things are prime examples of what IN players like. They like having a world that is actually used by all the players. Pits, vending machines, PvP and general asshattery are things that keep many IN players away.

It should be obvious by now, that balance does not make people happy. IN and XUO originated players want different things and striking a balance between those two playstyles just doesn't seem to cut it. It works for very few but as we can see from current shard population, it's a minority. There has been two launch announcements, kind of. Both times plenty of players flocked to try the shard out in hopes of finding what they are looking for but in the end not many stayed. I think it is time to start catering for even more specific crowd; IN or XUO. To not think selfish, even though I support IN type of environment, I think you should check which crowd is bigger and cater more for it.

Kamos Wrote:I think it is time to start catering for even more specific crowd; IN or XUO. To not think selfish, even though I support IN type of environment, I think you should check which crowd is bigger and cater more for it.

Word.

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

Paulie Wrote:Im sorry that ive been going through a bunch of personal shit as of late but to tell me to stop *****ing, please your the biggest *****er on the shard. Instead of put your two sense into every single little post why dont you take a good look why the shard is dead, 1 xuoers ***** about skill gain and 2 Iners ***** about pvp therfor there has to be a single outcome for the shard. you have 3 choices A change skillgain B change PVP or C shut the shard down. and just to piss you off......IM OUT!

Awe, you've been going through some personal shit, poor fracking you. Figure your shit out on your own and don't bring it here letting it ruin others fun.

As far as the rest of your post goes, I'm on the forums to provide my opinion on changes people suggest and to help people with their questions. Now if you can't understand the difference between my opinion disagreeing with someone and complaining, that's not my fault. But don't make outlandish statements on topics you know nothing about. I don't complain nearly as much as some.

Eru Wrote:The balance between PVP and PVE is fine, the problem is much more complex that just one or two things, IMO.

Agreed. The only minor thing that could be missing with the PVE is some medium quality strength monsters with reasonable loot. The purpose to these monsters is to help people make the step from fighting orcs and rats (which drop next to nothing so new comers get frustrated with hunting) to xtreme monsters and dungeon bosses.

Kamos Wrote:I think most people agree with this. It's not even about just PvP and PvE there's many other aspects to be balanced and I think you've reached the point where you can't really balance it any better.

Agreed.

Kamos Wrote:It should be easy to just log on, make a character and jump right into the action. These things keep away some of the old XUO playerbase.

Agreed, however there are more then 10 people with fully macroed characters and for some reason these guys left all of a sudden. All that's needed for them to return is 2 minutes to log in.

Kamos Wrote:I think it is time to start catering for even more specific crowd; IN or XUO. To not think selfish, even though I support IN type of environment, I think you should check which crowd is bigger and cater more for it.

If there's any hope of saving INX it may just be through what you're suggesting here and I agree with it to a certain extent, although I'm scared what this could mean. If it's determined there is presently a larger playerbase of former IN players what changes would be made?

-Crafting made harder like it was on IN?
-PvP changed to what it was on IN?
-Removal of the status page and the ingame location system?
-Removal of adamantium and other ingots that were only on xuo?
-Removal of pits, the supply stones, the PvP style tours?
-Removal of xtreme monsters?

See where I'm going with this? Sure you'd be catering to the larger playerbase represented, but you'd also be ignoring everyone who stuck around for other features of INX and that could be more detrimental then the possible benefits of catering to one group.

Eighty Swords Wrote:Awe, you've been going through some personal shit, poor fracking you. Figure your shit out on your own and don't bring it here letting it ruin others fun.

I was referring to why I haven't been here to contribute as of late 80. I put a lot of my time into this shard as a player and a staff member here on IN:X when i was available to do so. And how the hell im i ruining others fun I was stating why I fell the shard is dead, just like you said its a opinion, or does only your opinion and the others that you like count? anyways Kamos is right about everything cater to the people that are here not the people that never log on.