Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Vendor Mall

Well, I posted this on another thread but ppl are minding to harm each other with words, and my post didn't get the attention i think it diserves: ( i just ctrl c ctrl v)

Well, talking about the Vendor Mall, I think it's bad for the shard... what ppl always complain about? Interactivity? Action? Low RPing?

If we use the normal method of the UO's Vendor System and create a house to put vendors, I think we can get:

-More interactivity, since the shop owner need to show people that his/her shop exists;
-More action, since it'll make people go outside guards protection where s/he can be pked (for this I think the PK System should be changed so ppl cant abuse and pk-wait until blue-pk...);
-More RP, since you can create nice shops, decorating it and make people walk around looking for what s/he wants;
-Some places will be more valuable to set your shop, so it'll improve a new economy as ppl can sell their places(I think this will work better when the playerbase grow).

But it need some changes like statics in guarded areas should not be allowed to have Vendors, and of course Ministry will hate it and complain a lot and the staff will never change this...
Since Vendors can be placed in guarded-area statics, ppl will go there instead of go out protection and the action that you want will be gone.

I'm on top of it!

Once you establish a system, it's very hard to get rid of it. Everyone who owns a vendor would have to empty it out, store the goods somewhere, set up a shop, restock the vendors, etc. Ideally, everyone would read the forums, log on, and start to work on the clusterf>_< of moving all their stuff, but some people might take a week to even know that the mall is going down. If it were taken down, lots of people would lose their vendor and their items and there would be mass amounts of QQ and work for staff.

I think its easy for the staff to know who owns each vendor and put everything in the player's bank box.

Another point about vendor mall:
-In my onpinion it's small and confusing, not even a lot of vendors together that you need to look one-by-one, but how it was designed. You can get stucked if smb stays near an entrance/exit if your stamina isn't full (that's very comon to happen since I trample lots of vendors there).

I'm on top of it!

Sindern Wrote:Once you establish a system, it's very hard to get rid of it. Everyone who owns a vendor would have to empty it out, store the goods somewhere, set up a shop, restock the vendors, etc. Ideally, everyone would read the forums, log on, and start to work on the clusterf>_< of moving all their stuff, but some people might take a week to even know that the mall is going down. If it were taken down, lots of people would lose their vendor and their items and there would be mass amounts of QQ and work for staff.

I quote myself from the other thread

Lederoil Wrote:I don't think it would be a problem to make a script that would transfer your vendor from the mall to the bank. The vendor would turn into an item, kinda similiar with how it works at tourneys with the statue. When people want to place their vendor, they simply double-click the vendor-thing and it will be placed with all the items and prices set as you had it in the mall.

I don't think there would be a problem at all...

[Image: sigpicc123.png]

The thought of restocking makes me cringe. Sad I do dislike the design of the current mall though, but I think getting rid of it is a bad idea. Everyone's going all out with these ideas about what to change. Take out the pits, take out the vendor mall, etc, etc. This is all nit-picking things that aren't helping the base problem of not enough players.

There were 35 on today when I logged in to check my vendor. You can do all the adding and subtracting and reorganizing and color coding you want to the stuff on the shard, but you're not going to make 35 people seem like a populous shard unless you condense the world down to to the size of Britain.

Quote:Everyone's going all out with these ideas about what to change. Take out the pits, take out the vendor mall, etc, etc. This is all nit-picking things that aren't helping the base problem of not enough players.
exactly Sad

Sindern Wrote:This is all nit-picking things that aren't helping the base problem of not enough players.

By making people interact more with eachother will make you see these 35 people more than you'd normally do. The shard will be more fun, you will get to learn more people and you'd actually feel the community... In my opinion UO should be a game where you're more or less dependent on the other players, on the community. This would also (problably) attract new players to the shard, since it would seem more active.

When I got in contact with UO that was one of the things what I liked the most, you knew the shards blacksmiths, alchemists etc etc and you looked them up if you needed anything.

To the point. Removing the malls may not be the solution to this problem but we won't find out till we test it either, and I can only find pros by removing the mall, and I haven't read any good arguments why it would be a loss by doing it.

I just think it will open a whole new challange to vendor owners... It would bring much more fun running a vendor than how it's now. Sadly many people here just want it the easy and lazy way.

Lederoil Wrote:By making people interact more with eachother will make you see these 35 people more than you'd normally do. The shard will be more fun, you will get to learn more people and you'd actually feel the community... In my opinion UO should be a game where you're more or less are dependent on the other players, on the community. This would also (problably) attract new players to the shard, since it would seem more active.

When I got in contact in UO that was one of the things what I liked the most, you knew the shards blacksmiths, alchemists etc etc and you looked them up if you needed anything.

To the point. Removing the malls may not be the solution to this problem but we won't find out till we test it either, and I can only find pros by removing the mall, and I haven't read any good arguments why it would just be a loss by doing it.

I just think it will open a whole new challange to vendor owners... It would bring much more fun running a vendor than how it's now. Sadly many people here just want it the easy and lazy way.

I remember when dont had that .on comand and I had to walk asking people if they saw the one I was looking for, to make something for me. Runing around searching for he , etc..., I liked that

Today I don't need to speak to anyone anymore, only have to walk throug a yellow portal and all I wanna is there.It's comfortable but not fun like before Sad

I prefer Alzheimer than Parkinson. Better forget to pay the beer than pour it all.

The Love Tent, all you need in PvP Suplys for a good Price! And some other things Big Grin!
[Image: Love_Tent_Map.jpg]

In Front Minoc MINES! In the TENT!

Accepting Carpentry orders!

Ryuuku Wrote:I remember when dont had that .on comand and I had to walk asking people if they saw the one I was looking for, to make something for me. Runing around searching for he , etc..., I liked that

Today I don't need to speak to anyone anymore, only have to walk throug a yellow portal and all I wanna is there.It's comfortable but not fun like before Sad

Agree...

vendors are nothing new for runuo was on old ***** opiate aswell (they had a pb of 150+ tough), but i see your point Big Grin

[Image: ginzodium.jpg]
holding hands <3