Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Releasing scripts

Releasing scripts

Hello!

It's been a while and I hope everyone is doing well. I know I have
    I don't regret shutting this server down but I must admit I do miss it from time to time. It would be nice if IN could live on in some way, which is why I have decided to release all scripts and source code.
    Now anyone will be able to run this server with the exact same scripts. I must however caution those that decide to make a public shard with these scripts. It's A LOT of work to maintain a server and you must be willing to spend a lot of free time doing boring admin stuff. It would also help a lot if you know C# since RunUO is built on that. There might still be bugs and glitches that need fixing.
    Plus, setting the server up for the first time with a web server, SQL databases and whatnot will be a pain if you don't know what you are doing.

I'm not going to offer any official support for this release. If you have questions you can post them here though. I might answer, I might not. There are others that might be able to help you as well though.

With that said, if you do get it up and running and have a lot of free time to spare, I wish you good luck and I'm glad that Imagine Nation will live on in some way. I was never any good with speeches so I'll just leave it at that

Imagine Nation source files:
    https://github.com/jyourstone/imaginenation

Now this one is a bold move... and I'm the bald one!..

I'm trying to resist the temptation... dammit! downloaded it!.. I will not have the time available!! So don't ask!! I'll keep it as a souvernir

And to login from time to time... Where on earth is my Xanax!!?!..

Hehe well I haven't uploaded the world save. This release is for people who want to build up their own "Imagine Nation" server

Quote Originally Posted by Taran View Post
    Hehe well I haven't uploaded the world save. This release is for people who want to build up their own "Imagine Nation" server
    You should!

I thought about it, but personally I think there's too much sensitive information in the account file. IP's, usernames etc. And even though the passwords are encrypted I don't want to release them to the public.

It's only fair!

Wow nice Taran! Thanks

Apprentice
    Can u release save without accountts etc, only spawned world?

I don't think it's that easy, but I'll try.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Taran View Post
    I don't think it's that easy, but I'll try.
    thx

Dunno how to do it offline, but I think there's a way to purge all accounts & wipe all the houses/player-owned items from the world. I think if you just delete all playermobiles and remove all the houses, you'd end up with a blank world if you let the server run long enough for all the items that were in the houses to decay.

Wouldn't want to just wipe all non-static items since that'd break spawning and all the events and stuff that are up.

who reopen IN:X ?